Side Chapter: Mary and Maria’s Offer
148 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marcus took us to a Panic room during the fighting in the throne room and left to grab more Lifeguards leaving us here.

We waited for some time, but Maxsin spoke, "What does he mean?"

"What does who mean?" Mary asks.

"Jason. What did he mean? 'What did they say when you came here?' The Emperor said that we would be aiding Humanity in its greatest struggle. We are in a all human nation and we have not been allowed outside no matter what... he was brought here by a God... and that God is Death and he's a Dungeon."

"Why does it matter? He's a Dungeon aren't we as Heroes meant to fight in them?" Jackie says.

"No you don't understand everything he said in the throne room, wasn't for shits and giggles, he said it to tell us about the world... think about it he even admitted to getting POWs to speed up his dungeon growth and they even enslave him, did you guys see Marcus when Jason said he wasn't under anyone's control I swear his face paled... I can only see that as telling the one that enslaved you that I am free." Maxsin starts pacing the room muttering to himself.

I think about it more myself... their is never not a reason to says specifics, he called them Nazi Germany, he is backed by a literal god, I could feel the power coming off him, when Mary and I hugged him.

"Death please hear my prey, I don't know what I am doing or if I'm doing it right but please I want to talk so that I can understand Jason better." I mutter under my breath.

A few minutes pass.

"Please Death... I just don't know what to do all I want to know Is what Jason said was true."

"Maybe" I hear a female voice whispered into my ear and I jump.

"Maria what's wrong?" My Sister Mary asks me.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what? All I can hear is Maxsin muttering."

"Please don't jump like that... It was cute for a mortal but why do you wish to know if what my Herald said was true? You may think your questions if you want." The same voice whispers into my ears.

I I don't know, I guess is what I am asking is what he said true... is this world like his described?

"Germany in the 40s in a bit of an overstatement but true... The Holocaust isn't true... The POWs thing is true again... A god loving him? Maybe later... But a better question do you want to join him?

"What?" I say aloud and everyone looks at me confused... "Sorry started thinking aloud."

I don't understand? What do you mean...

"Jason is doing what he believes is right by his dungeon and his servants, and he is willing to do anything to save his Home... I am asking if you want to join him and your sister Mary... I can see the fates of the people in the room... Maxsin would die leading a Slave revolt against the Emperor, a Noble and Fitting death... Jackie and Frank would die fighting Jason and you two would surrender but be made slaves of the Dungeon due to the Deity's that had chosen you two."

Can you tell if our fates change?

"Yes before back in the throne all of you would have been killed by him... that was the plan but you and your sister's action changed the events to follow... But since then the fates of those in the room have changed drastically... Even Count Marcus's fate has changed more then 100 times since meeting Jason nearly a year ago..."

I need Mary to hear this...

"Done... Mary." My sister jumps most likely from Death's voice

Sister? I ask.

"Yes" she says looking at me...

Mary speak with your mind.

Hello? she says.

"Good now Mary, I was just talking to Maria here about Jason and I may have shared the fates of those in the room including you two..." Death says to the pair, she then brings Mary up to speed.

I don't understand... why us? I don't care about the Deity's that choose us... but why tell us this? Mary said and showed concern on her face.

"Simple the Pantheon is collapsing... and a good ally of mine wants to make the first offer to be his champions..." 

The Pantheon collapsing? What happened? I ask.

"I can't say politics of Godly Beings are... crazy to put it lightly... would you like to see who wants you two as his champions."

Me and Mary talk a little and we both nod...

A magical cercal appears below us.

"What the fuck?" Maxsin says.

"Oh shit that not again?" Jackie says, while moving away from us.

Not a second later we are taken somewhere else.

We look around, we seem to be in a forest but where...

"Hello girls." A Deep voice comes from behind us...

We turn and see a floating Eyeball with dozens of other eyes attached to it by tentacles...

"Are you Death's 'Good Ally'?" I ask hesitantly.

"Good Ally? We are more closer to friends... Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dungeon Lord Julius... or Julius to my friends and Dungeons... For instants Jason."

We introduce ourselves...

"So why us?" Mary asks.

"The Pantheon is Collapsing and so many gods that can't live without it are going to... 'kidnap' the Summoned and force them to become their Champions."

"So we were told that we would be joining Jason if we did this... or did I misread it." I ask.

"You would be joining him, yes but not as slaves more as partners or as a ruling council. That would be the correct wording yes."

"What would happen if we were to join him... let alone you." Mary asked.

"As my Name suggests I am the Dungeon Lord... meaning I am the God of the Dungeons... and if all goes well the two of you and Jason can save my Children that have been enslaved by the races of this world."

"And before you ask, Jason is one of the few Dungeons that have had the ability to fight back... the rest of my children were enslave when they were not but babies."

"What would we gain for Joining you?"

"One I can guarantee Jason can't Enslave you, Two the ability to build your own Dungeon and third well that's one of the powers I can only tell you when you join, same with the fourth but that one is a... Work in progress Jason has it too but me and Death want to see if it works."

"And before I forget you two if you were to join would make three Dungeons that have a soul..."

Crack... "Piss." We hear a voice that seems familiar.

Julius looks into the direction and speaks, "You can show yourself as long as you don't do anything stupid."

"Who is it?" I ask Julius.

"Jason." 

After a few second a black smoke comes from the forest edge and reforms into Jason... but he seems bloodied up.

"What happened?" Mary asked.

"Fought some Lifeguards... Killed two of the Heroes with your batch... Fought Soldiers back at my dungeon and... Killed some Heroes from ether the Elves or the other Races. Just another Thursday. You girls?"

"How long were you here for?" I ask.

"Mmm, The start of this conversation... that is why he could guarantee your safety from me... but I wasn't aware of why I was told to wait to enter the Goblin Dungeon… But now I see why. Oh Julius we may have a problem."

"What is that?"

"Some of the Gods that hate me/us are going after my servants that are outside of my Dungeon... Jack and Anna had to pull back due to the High Gods throwing their Subordinates to them in an attempt to kill them... And I had two try their hand at me and failed."

"Who's?"

"One from Peace and Harmony, and the guy with that raspy voice."

"Annoying." Julius looks up, "Jason another one... COMING FOR THE GIRLS!"

Jason blinks over to us grabs us and we become smoke, he takes us into the Dungeon nearby...

"Girls Stay Here or else." Jason growls at us and leaves.

Julius appears after a few seconds he looks beat up... "Sorry about that this happens... what will you do with what I have offered?"

I speak first, "Jason saved our lives as long he doesn't treat us as slaves I want to repay that debt, I accept."

"I agree as well." Mary spoke next.

"I Julius accept you Maria, Mary as my Champions... My Dungeon Masters"

A power we find it hard to describe enters our bodies. We start looking at each other...

"Here my first Gift and only." Julius says as two weapons appear in front of us... Mary grabs hers it looks like a Scottish Claymore and I grab my Spear... Both weapons emanate power, "The weapons are call the Master's Tool... they can change to what you need... a Soul bound weapon no one else can use it other than you or your sisters weapon... Now then Girls lets go help Jason."

Mary and I both nod, we rush out of the Dungeon behind Julius, to see Jason tossed into a Tree...

"Come on Fucker, my Servants Jack and Anna have defeated Sub-Deities what can you do against a Herald..."

"Why Wont you Die!?" A being that looks like a Angel hisses at Jason.

"You can't Kill What's already dead bitch." He snorts back.

3