Side-Chapter: Live-Fire Training and Fully explained
146 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It hurts me that I lied to the two young heroes... or should I say allies?, Sisters in arms? Comrades? I was told that Julius had wanted Mary and Maria... They had informed me that when a Pantheon Collapses Gods of all ranks from Sub-Deity to the High God, will rush to grab the currant Summoned people in the field before bringing more...

And I wasn't lying when I had been engaged by two Sub-Deities... Something about revenge for what I and my benefactor did?

But the person that ambushed us... One of Death's Subordinates... Famine he was one of her weakest in melee, but would be where a trained Hero would be if newly summoned and given a blessing...

I myself have fought with the better of the four... Conquest and War, those two still kick my ass but I train with them. So if I wanted I could smash Famine but... My goal now is to see where the girls are at and see if they are willing to take a life...

Me and Famine share a brief chat when Julius tells us that the Girls accepted his offer and Famine surprises me when he kicks me into a tree. 

"Come on Fucker, my Servants Jack and Anna have defeated Sub-Deities what can you do against a Herald..."

Why Wont you Die!?" Famine hissed at me, he had taking a form that seems Holy by appearing as a Angel.

"You can't Kill What's already dead bitch." I snort back.

I rush forward my sword clashing with his... "Let the test begin." He tells me and I give him a slight nod... He pushes me back with his sword and I take a swipe which he blocks...

Maria rushes forward aiming for his head with her spear but misses since that target was too small... Mary swings her Claymore which hits Famines block but I can see the two blades had dug into each other...

Maria takes the opportunity and thrust again towards his chest and he changes his stance moving his body out of the way, which also allows him to breaking the blocking war with Mary's Claymore, but she had other ideas and turned her Claymore into a Mace and swings it again and when Famine blocks again the Mace breaks through the block hitting his shoulder making him drop his weapon.

The Sisters take the chance and attack him but I and Julius block the attacks stunning and confusing them...

"What are you doing?" Mary asks me.

"Not a good idea to kill your training instructors. No?"

"What?" Maria says.

"Put the Weapons away and I'll explain." Julius says and the pair reluctantly do.

I help Famine onto his feet and pinch his shoulder that the Mace struck and he punches me back, we both share a laugh.

Julius started explaining why this had happened. Going from start to finish and exposed that if they had refused his offer before or after Famine's arrival I had my right to deal with hostile heroes. Which was plan b Enslave them and order them to accept the deal, but if they had accepted have them fight Famine and see if they could defeat him, if not I smash him, if yes save his ass.

"So this was a test? To test our resolve?" Maria ask.

"Yeah was this a test?" Mary agreed with her sister.

"Yes you can call it a test..." Julius trails off.

"Look Julius and Death deemed that out of the Human heroes on the field due to having been rare musk summoned heroes you two are SISTERS. You know how much preexisting relationships are hated by gods?"

Both shake their heads, "Simple only one of you would be grab by a god... They don't care about your last names only your first name... let me put it like this you both get taken by rival gods and then ordered to fight that rivals chosen only to find out that it was your sister and then your gods order you to keep fighting but you refuse to kill your sister? They would send people to kill you both."

"So you two would die traitors to the gods and your souls tormented by the Gods of the underworld... But here your souls are saved by Julius and Death."

The sisters look at me and blink and get confused...

"Death please can you explain?" I ask turning away.

She does appear and flicks my forehead for giving up so easily and I give her a pout. But she does explain what I just said far better.

After the two have a private chat that Julius doesn't let us eavesdrop, they tell us that they are willing to work with me and Death as long we no longer lie to them and that they would be treated as equals, that last part was unneeded since I had already saw them as allies.

After Death was finish talking with them she calls me over, The Sisters grips tighten on their weapon when I walked over... I couldn't blame them...

"Okay you three... Before you two." Death said while pointing at Mary and Maria, "Are Jason's Comrades you are his Ally now... the actions of my Herald were done at my and Julius's command... Especially when it came to you." The Sisters loosen their grips. "Now you three are going to do a test for me and Julius, it's easy enter the Goblin Dungeon and destroy the Core."

I had already been told this so Death gives the girls a very short briefing about why they wanted us to Destroy the Core...

It's an odd feeling for the three of us... we will all die if our Dungeon Cores are destroyed... so for us Destroying the Core is quite odd for us even for me and I have killed people... but killing what I can call fellow Dungeon-kin.

With some uncomfortable feelings we enter the Dungeon again and start our grim march to the Core of the Dungeon.  

3