Remnants of the Ablazed House
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a little boy. I met him on a simple sunny day in the school, he sat there alone while I was taking the test that I missed when I was absent. His eyes were gentle and soothing. His face isn't like that of celebrities however when he smiles, you'll be captivated. He's very funny and friendly, he never left my side since then. I was awed because of his patience to accompany me ever since.

Every day before the 365 days, there was no exciting things that happened. The little boy was an orphan just like how my family left me in this world. Whenever I was left unattended, I did things that could end my life so that boy always monitors me, he always slept beside me to ensure that I wouldn't do stupid things.

One night, I couldn't sleep, so I hypnotize myself and his smiling appeared in my mind. I always wondered how could he be always happy? I wish I could be just like him.

But where is he? I felt that there's something that was lacking like the presence of his beside me.

Oh, I remember. The day before I met the boy was approaching. The death anniversary of mom, dad, big brother, uncle, auntie and my little baby. The day when my life took the worst turn. The day when the fire swallowed not only my house, as well as the happy memories, the smiling me.

I've looked longer in the dusty mirror as well as the people in the pictures that sun rays can't even reach.

A captivating smile hung in my while I looked in the little boy through the mirror.

1