Market Visit
2.6k 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Yu Yan woke up early the next morning. Since she was the official wife, she had to go to her mother-in-law to pay her respects every morning but her mother-in-law seemed to find this tradition quite a hassle. Hence, she only had to appear on special occasions or when Madame Lu called her for some business.

After coming to this world, she had been cooped up in her court to assess her own situation and had not visited outside the Lu manor. Now that she had accepted her misfortune, she wanted to see the outside world instead of sitting and cursing her bad luck. So the first thing she wanted to do was see the market, people and especially the clothing of the people outside.

Seeing her miss' mood improve at the idea of going out to the market, Xiao Fan was happy. Her miss, who was feeling down all this week, finally looked energetic, so she hurriedly informed Gui momo not to make lunch for them before following Bai Yu Yan out of the Autumn Garden.

When they reached the market area of the capital, it was bustling with crowds of people. Vendors were shouting their product key features to draw the customers' attention. The aroma of the freshly baked bun and stinky tofu wafted from the nearby food stalls. All kinds of vibrant and colorful bolts of clothes were laid out for people to choose from. Kids were happily running around to buy snacks with whatever small amount of money they had in their hands. It was just brimming with energy.

Bai Yu Yan immediately felt refreshed seeing this sight. There were not many such places in the modern world where one could experience this colorful bustle of people. Indeed, our ancestors lived their lives in a more meaningful way. Now that she had come to this world, there was no other choice but to accept it and live it without leaving any regrets. She did not believe that she could not survive here. She will and that too in the fullest way.

Cheering up herself mentally, Bai Yu Yan started her market adventure. She had a veil covering her face, so she did not have to be afraid of being recognized by people. As the main wife of the Prime Minister, she had to behave in an appropriate way and running around the market looking as if she was visiting the circus was definitely not an option. So it is better that she covers her face to avoid any trouble.

"Miss, look at this hairpin. It looks so beautiful, ah". Xiao Fan excitedly pulled her hands to the nearby stall.

Observing the golden hairpin that Xiao Fan was pointing at, Bai Yu Yan saw its intricate design. At one glance, the hairpin was definitely beautiful. There were many golden flowers inlaid on it but the longer she looked at it, the more she felt it was too flashy. Definitely not her style.

Seeing her miss was not impressed by it, Xiao Fan felt a little dejected. The original Bai Yu Yan was fond of such designs. The flashier it was, the more she liked it. Following her miss for so long, Xiao Fan's taste had also been modified accordingly.

Noticing the dejected look on Xiao Fan, Bai Yu Yan sighed inwardly. 'No wonder the male lead did not take notice of the original Bai Yu Yan. If I were him, I'd stay away from her too. Her flashy taste had influenced even her maids as well'.

They went around a dozen stalls and Bai Yu Yan scrunched her nose at everything that the little maid pointed at. They all looked completely distasteful to her. Why didn't these people find elegance in simplicity? Be it clothes or jewelry, they liked everything gaudy. Especially the misses and madames from the rich noble families. Their extravagant attire shouted 'MONEY' wherever they went and they seem to take pride in that.

The more Bai Yu Yan did not like what Xiao Fan showed her, the more the little maid thought that she was being this way because of the departure of His Excellency right after their marriage. To be honest, even Xiao Fan was starting to get nervous and sad for her miss. She had seen her miss get suppressed by her step-mother back in their home. Bai Yu Yan's step-mother had given birth to a son and a daughter. Bai Yu Yan was the first miss of the Bai family. After her mother died, her father neglected her which had encouraged the step-mother to show bias between her children and Yu Yan openly. She thought that after marrying to the Prime Minister, their life could be a little better at Lu manor, but seeing the current situation, Xiao Fan has secretly started getting scared for her miss.

Bai Yu Yan was a charming young lady. She might not be a beauty that can topple a city but the more you look at her, the pleasing she was to the eyes. The original owner of the body was reckless and arrogant resulting in people disliking her, but now that her miss was calm and composed, Xiao Fan was sure that His Excellency would like her unless he had something wrong with his eyes. 

33