Exposing Her Secret
2.4k 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Yu Yan didn’t want to further agitate this heartbroken beauty but looking at how self-entitled she was, Yu Yan wanted to destroy her illusion right away. She had not wronged Chun Hua in any way to entertain her taunts, now or in the future.

“Mei mei, the love between a husband and wife can only be known by those two themselves. You will understand after you are married that it is not something that has to be proven to the rest of the world. After all, even the closet servants don’t know what happens behind the closed doors of the bedroom.”, As she was saying this, Bai Yu Yan touched her lower abdomen with an expectant but shy smile.

Shocked by Yu Yan’s words and actions, Chun Hua couldn’t hear any more of what she was saying. What was she indicating by touching her abdomen? Did His Excellency really do that with Bai Yu Yan? No, this can’t be! She must be doing it on purpose to agitate her.

Chun Hua couldn’t maintain her facade anymore. Exerting force on the hands she was holding, she closed near Bai Yu Yan, “Ha! Do you really think His Excellency will touch trash like you? If not for Empress Dowager, he wouldn’t even have married you. You should know how pathetic you are before having such delusions.”

Bai Yu Yan actually didn’t expect such a big reaction. Chuckling, she looked at Chun Hua in the eyes “Finally decided to drop the act? Aiya, mei mei I was just starting to warm up and you ruined the mood. Now as your caring older sister let me show you the mirror before it's too late. The man of your dreams is your brother-in-law. And no matter how much you fantasize about him, he will still remain your sister’s husband. Romanticizing your brother-in-law, you don’t want others to know this dirty thought of yours, do you?”

Alarmed, Chun Hua quickly let go of her hands and stepped back in horror. How could Bai Yu Yan know that she liked His Excellency? She had never told anyone about it. If anyone knows about it, the image she had worked so hard to create would shatter in a flash. Most importantly, what would His Excellency think about her?

She hurriedly turned to see if anyone heard their conversation. Since they were talking in a small voice, nobody seemed to have heard them. Relieved, she took a deep breath to compose herself and looked at Bai Yu Yan with a feigned calmness, “Bai Yu Yan, do you think you can say anything you want? What is your proof? Don’t speak of such daring words if you have no evidence.”

“Chun Hua, whether it's true or not, you know it in your heart, don’t you? Now, if you really want to discuss something of evidence then how about we talk about all the things you have taken from this shop like they were some free goods?”, finally coming to the point Bai Yu Yan signaled Xiao Fan with her hand.

Standing behind her Miss, Xiao Fan had been waiting for this. She took out a bunch of papers that seemed to be pulled out from an account book and handed it to Yu Yan.

Manager Gao and the other two girls were shocked to see what was happening. What happened to the first Miss? Was she possessed?

The sight paper in Bai Yu Yan’s hand shook Manager Gao’s heart. Unable to believe what he was seeing, he slowly extended his hand to the drawer where the actual account book was located. He wanted to see if it was stolen when he saw Xiao Fan shoot him a glare. Frightened, he hurriedly withdrew his hands, knocking his elbow in the process.

Bai Yu Yan cleared her throat and started reading, “Five bolts of georgette, 7 bolts of western silk, 3 bolts of muslin. Ah, and there is also leather, velvet, wool.” Yu Yan paused to look at Chun Hua. “All these just within a week? The tailors in the Bai family must be having a hard time making hundreds of dresses. Oh, and I almost didn’t see this! Even your friends’ purchases have been added to your account? How lucky they are to have you as a friend, ah!” She turned to look at the two girls with a smile

The girls standing behind Chun Hua couldn’t hide their shock. It seems they didn’t know the things Chun Hua had given them were taken from the shop in such a way.

Seeing her friends’ expression, Chun Hua didn’t bother to hide anymore, “Do I need to pay for taking things from my own family’s shop? All of this belongs to the Bai family, who do you think you are to ask me to pay for it?”

Her words made Bai Yu Yan sigh as if she was tired of making a kid understand a simple thing, “Mei mei, is your memory of a goldfish? Should I take your brain on a trip to the day Madame Bai gave this shop to me in dowry?”

“Goldfish?”

Shaking her head, Yu Yan kindly reminded her, “You are focusing on the wrong part, sweetie. What I mean is pay up for all these. And I am not asking this as the first daughter of the Bai family. This is an order from the daughter-in-law of the Lu family.”

At the mention of the Lu family, Chun Hua couldn’t answer anymore. Yes, now Bai Yu Yan was a part of the Lu family. She had thought that no matter if her elder sister was married or not, she could easily overpower her. But now, it seems this person has changed beyond her imagination. It wouldn’t be easy to deal with her in the future.

Not wanting to stay there any longer, Chun Hua turned to leave the shop in fury.

“Twelve thousand gold taels, don’t forget!”, Bai Yu Yan reminded her once again before she could storm off.

When Chun Hua was finally out of sight, she turned to look at the manager.

“F_First Miss”, Manager Gao gave her a smile that looked worse than crying.

With “Ah, it seems I’ve kept Manager Gao waiting. My bad! You must have been waiting for your turn-

Before Bai Yu Yan could finish what she was saying, Manager Gao was already kneeling on her feet.

“First Miss, this servant was wrong. Please forgive this old servant. This servant still has a wife and little kids to feed at home wu wu~”

The old man was crying while wiping his nose with the sleeve of his top. Bai Yu Yan was nearly disgusted to death seeing this. “Manager Gao, if I remember correctly, your wife has been dead for seven years now. And since when did you have any kids?”

Hearing this, Manager Gao’s stream of tears suddenly stopped flowing like a dry river. 

31