Dropping a Bomb
2.3k 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the shop, Manager Gao was kneeling with his chin stuck to his chest. His eyes were fixed on the ground as if it was the only interesting thing he could see.

“Miss, earlier, Xiao Fan knew he was trying to get this account book. If Xiao Fan had not seen him, everybody would have known that Miss was lying.”, saying this Xiao Fan took the account book out of the drawer and handed it to Yu Yan.

The account book in her hand was the original one where all the real transactions were recorded. Bai Yu Yan looked at the sales record and clicked her tongue. The account book sent to her had the correct purchase record but sales records were forged. According to it, either the goods were not sold or they had to be sold at a very low price. However, the new batches of materials were purchased on a regular basis. From this, Yu Yan made a guess that all those new materials go to the Bai manor. Hence, earlier with Chun Hua, she just blurted out the total cost price of all the goods the shop had purchased last month. Now looking at this real account book, it seems the arrow she had thrown in the dark had hit right in the mark.

“Manager Gao, it seems the shop is still getting some customers. So where is the cash that you receive from selling the clothes to the customers?” Bai Yu Yan asked the man who looked like he was on the execution ground. No words came out of his mouth.

“Don’t want to speak? It seems you will only answer to the staff from the Magistrate Office. Very well, this kind lady will fulfill your wish. Xiao Fan, go to the Magistrate office and tell the officers there is a case of fund embezzlement in the Zhongyuan street. ”, Patting her skirt, Bai Yu Yan stood up to leave.

The word Magistrate Office seems to have electrocuted the man, “T_This servant will speak..will speak. First Miss, please don’t call the officers. Whatever First Miss wants to know, this servant will tell.” The man who was quiet as a dead mouse suddenly stood up like he came back to life.

“First Miss, since the day Master ordered Madame to include this shop in your dowry, Second Miss and Madame frequently come here to purchase the clothes but they never paid for anything in cash. They said to add it all to their account. Miss, the staff also stopped getting income from the Bai house so they all left their work here. Now only this old servant is managing here alone. The shop was already in the loss. As for the cash received from customers…”, Manager Gao didn’t dare to complete it

Even if Manager Gao didn’t finish his words, Bai Yu Yan understood the remaining part. Since Manager Gao did not receive any income, he took whatever the little revenue the shop generated. As for him serving the Bai family, they were his previous employer and were in a powerful position. In order to survive, he fulfilled their wish instead of offending them. He got the revenue which was higher than his income while Madame Bai and Chun Hua got what they wanted. A perfect deal for everyone involved.

Bai Yu Yan looked at the person before her. Although this man was greedy, it was the basic instinct of every human being. If one could get more, they wouldn’t settle for less. She couldn’t really fault this man as he didn’t get his income. But that doesn’t mean she would let go of him so easily.

“Manager Gao, you must have accumulated enough to live the upcoming few years without working?”

“First Miss, this servant admits his fault. But if this servant gets a chance, in the future, this servant will work very hard and will not give Miss anything to find fault with.”, Manager Gao was desperate at this moment.

Actually Bai Yu Yan was aware that right now, other than Manager Gao, no one knew the shop better. And this was one of the reasons why she had not kicked him out yet.

“Manager Gao, at this age of yours no one would be willing to give you any job. Moreover, Chun Hua thinks you have betrayed them by providing me the real account book so I don’t think they will let go of you so easily. Now, if you lose your job here, it wouldn’t be long before you would start worrying about your daily bread.”, Bai Yu Yan sighed with concern for his future.

What she said was not completely wrong. Aware of the fact, Manager Gao was already sweating in buckets.

Bai Yu Yan thought for a while before she finally made up her mind. She then turned to look at Manager Gao, “How about this, I will let you keep your job here?”

Manager Gao thought he was hearing things and could not react for a good few seconds. What did First Miss just say? He would continue to work here? Happiness came too suddenly. To Manager Gao, the sudden turn of events was like a pie falling from the sky when he was about to die from hunger. He looked at Bai Yu Yan with sparkling eyes as if he was looking at his only savior.

“But you have to give your income for the next six months to someone else.”, saying this Bai Yu Yan beckoned the person standing outside.

A familiar person entered the shop. It was none other than the woman who left the shop in anger for not getting the fabric she had ordered. But this time, she looked a little nervous in this unexpected situation. 

“This is Zhang Song and she will be the new staff in our shop.”

Manager Gao didn’t even have the time to grieve when he suddenly received the shock. Even Xiao Fan had her mouth open. Isn’t this woman from earlier, ah?

“And from now on, our shop will not sell raw materials for clothing. We will sell customized dresses according to the customers' orders.” Not giving anyone the time to recover, Bai Yu Yan dropped another bomb. 

35