Meeting at Night
2.4k 4 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night of the early spring was cold. Tiny buds formed on the cherry trees, counting its days to bloom in full glory. After dinner, Bai Yu Yan was sitting on the grass while swaying her jade-like feet on the surface of the lotus pond. The reflection of the moon distorting with her gentle touch. The beautiful night was peacefully quiet.

No matter how much she complained, it would be impossible to experience the beauty of this peaceful night in modern times. Running behind the dreams and ambitions set for ourselves, we don’t have time to take a break and enjoy life itself. Just like how she missed so many things in her life because of her ambition. This time, no matter how fate had decided her end to be, she wanted to enjoy her life without anything to hold her back.

Xiao Fan was sitting beside Yu Yan and happily weaving a crown of flowers while guarding their slippers that laid on the edge of the pond.

With her eyes closed, Yu Yan took a long relaxed breath in the cool air. If only she knew how to compose a poem, she would definitely dedicate one to this alluring night. (A/N: It’s this author’s thought rather than Bai Yu Yan’s ; _ ;)

“Miss, isn’t it getting colder? You will definitely catch a cold wearing such thin clothes. Let’s go inside, ah.”, holding the flower crown in her hand, Xiao Yan urged Yu Yan.

“Xiao Fan, let me enjoy this night. If you are feeling cold, go and bring out warm clothes. I will be staying here for a while.”, Yu Yan lazily answered without opening her eyes. She didn’t want to go back so soon.

Seeing that her Miss was enjoying this rare tranquil moment, Xiao Fan didn’t want to ruin it. “Miss, I’ll go and bring you warm clothes. So wait for Xaio Fan and don’t go anywhere, okay Miss?”, making sure her Miss heard, she patted her skirt and ran towards the room.

After Xiao Fan was gone, Bai Yu Yan lifted her skirt up to her calf and dipped her feet in the shallow water. Humming a song, she looked at the bright moon hanging in the clear sky.

This was the scene that greeted Lu Tong Xiao when he came to the Autumn courtyard:

On the night of the full moon, a beautiful woman in a light beige dress was playing with water with her snow-white feet. The strands of her long hair danced with the wind while her skirt fluttered with the gentle breeze, giving him the view of her smooth calf.

His tall silhouette stood under the bright moon, reflecting his white skin. He didn’t know what kind of song she was humming but unknown to whether it's her voice or the song, it caused his hands on both sides to lose its tension. His eyes were dark looking at this person. In this beautiful scenery, his field of vision only seemed to contain her.

She is his wife!

The thought suddenly ran through his mind, bringing his heart a strange kind of peace.

Suddenly Tong Xiao couldn’t control the movement of his legs as that damn pair of things led him to where the woman was sitting. He must be possessed! When he came to a stop, he was already standing behind Yu Yan.

Bai Yu Yan heard movements behind her and it was approaching her. Thinking Xiao Fan had come back, she stretched out her hand without looking back, “It’s good that you came fast, otherwise it’s really getting cold now. Can you pass me the coat?”

Straight away being asked to give his coat, Lu Tong Xiao, who had just arrived, couldn’t react for a while. Standing still for half a day, he slowly removed this coat and passed it to the woman.

When Bai Yu Yan received the coat, she didn’t take a look at it before draping over her shoulders. The dark blue coat she was wearing was a lot bigger than her size. Even the fabric was of a better grade than of her usual clothes. Only after wearing it did she detect a faint smell of sandalwood and...ink?

“Xiao Fan, did I have this kind of - ahhhhhh”, Turning to look over her shoulder, she saw a tall dark shadow. She abruptly stopped in her words and gave a startled cry.

Lu Tong Xiao’s brows furrowed at the sight of the frightened woman falling back towards the pond. Without thinking he pulled her hands in one swift move.

Falling face down on his embrace, Yu Yan’s nose smelled the similar fragrance of sandalwood and ink from before. Aiya, what a nice smell. She sniffed to get some more whiff. And..and what are these hard things under her hands? Abs? Not one to let her curiosity linger unsatisfied, she groped around to make sure.

“How long do you plan on holding onto this lord?”

The voice was colder than the night. The familiar voice jerked her back to reality. She looked up to his face to see the only person she hoped would not be.

What is this ice block doing here? Does he think it’s not cold enough?

“Does this lord look like a ghost to you?” Why was this woman scared to the point of almost falling in the pond?

Looking at the disapproval in the man’s face, the wheel in her mind rotated at a high speed. Although she was scared earlier, she had already come back to her senses by now. And making this man angry would not be in her best interest.

“Hohoho, Your Excellency! How can you look like a ghost? Actually, it’s quite the opposite. Suddenly seeing a bright handsome man, I was just surprised for a moment.” Preserving life was more important than the face, ah. Anyway, what she said was not a complete lie. He was a very good looking male lead after all.

Lu Tong Xiao looked at her with obvious disbelief. However, his furrowed brows slightly loosened at her answer. Although nobody had dared to tell him that in the face, it didn’t sound so bad. 

 

Author's Note: Thank you for clicking that tiny heart and leaving lovely comments <3

49