My Wife
2.2k 6 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He stood beside her, looking at the flowing stream. Hearing her question, he turned his head towards her inquiring face. His gaze silently gauzed her like he was searching for something but contrary to his calm front, his heart was furiously beating against his ribcage. When it finally landed on the distinct mole on her ear, as if the reassurance brought him back to the calm sea, he gently removed the green jade hanging on his waist and presented it to her like it held a special significance to him.

As if reminded of the empress' green jade bracelet, at the sight of the green jade, Bai Yu Yan immediately stood in an alert position. The wine cup in her hand was knocked over and spilled on the man's white sleeve, instantly soaking it red.

"I_I am sorry!" Bai Yu Yan was startled by her own actions. Mentally scolding herself, she hastened to take out a handkerchief and hurriedly tried to wipe off the wine. But even when her handkerchief became colored after a series of rubbing, it was futile. A glaring red stain was left on his sleeve.

She recognized the green jade she had previously seen in the tavern. But what was wholly unexpected was the eagle emblem carved on it, something that only the Fan royals could possess. Xin nation is surrounded by two other nations, Fan and Jin, each represented by tiger, eagle, and serpent respectively.

Among the holders of this pendant, there was only one person from Fan who could be in Xin at this time. The seventh prince, Fan Li Wei. The unfortunate son of the emperor who never received kindness his whole life. Since the original Bai Yu Yan's path never crossed with him, she had almost forgotten about him. And to meet him here this way was totally out of her expectation.

Bai Yu Yan lowered her eyes to conceal her emotions. Although he was only a minor character mentioned in passing, he was also the character that she deeply sympathized with. Thinking about his miserable ending, she sighed in her heart. But what surprised her even more was his aura and regal stature. The story told he was small cannon fodder, a chess piece in the hands of others, but looking at the way he carried himself, he was in no way a weak man, much less a weak prince. So is fate really so invincible that even such a fine man falls defeated against it?

Suddenly her wrist was grabbed by a force, causing the handkerchief wiping the sleeve to fall on the ground. Perplexed, she looked at the big hand wrapped around her wrist and raised her head to look at its owner. A pair of dark eyes, so dark that even the night sky couldn't compare to it was staring down at her hand which was holding the prince's sleeve. When it fell on her face, under its intensity, she suddenly felt guilty like she was caught in the act. How could she forget that this was an ancient era where casually touching a man other than the husband was strictly forbidden?

In fact, internally she was already screaming I can explainnnn!!!

Realizing that he had unconsciously applied a little excessive force, Lu Tong Xiao slightly loosened his grip on her wrist but didn't let go of her hand. His rough calloused thumb gently rubbed on that area like he was soothing it.

Lu Tong Xiao came directly to the banquet after leaving the emperor's study. Thinking that Bai Yu Yan had been waiting for a long time, he didn't even reply to the ministers on his way as he strode in large steps. When he didn't find her in the main garden area with the third princess, he looked at Xuyi questioningly, who pointed towards the back garden. While hurrying here, he heard her laughter from a distance. And from the back, it appeared like she was holding someone's hand. More precisely, man's hand.

His feelings at that moment, only he knew about it.

Back to the present, Lu Tong Xiao stretched his long hand to pick up the handkerchief from the ground and patted off its dust. Raising his head, his penetrating gaze landed on Fan Li Wei.

"I didn't expect Prince to be here. You didn't even attend the banquet and to be here this way, are you perhaps lost?" Although his words said so, his face had no reaction whatsoever.

Fan Li Wei's eyes silently sized the man who had suddenly appeared. In the entire continent, there was probably no one who had not heard of Lu Tong Xiao's name. A man feared by the monarchs and generals alike. His martial arts could rival any powerful general in the continent while his reformative policies could bring any minister to their knees. Had the relationship between nations not been peaceful, the emperor of Xin would have easily handed him sword and army.

In a calm voice Fan Li Wei replied, "Likewise, Prime Minister Lu. This prince was not feeling well after the long trip and was resting in my chamber. But since I have a habit of taking a walk after dinner, I seem to have wandered my way here."

"But it seems my wife has caused trouble for you."

Fan Li Wei's eyes flashed with confusion. "Are you talking about this?" he slightly raised his stained sleeve and shook his head with a smile. "There must have been a misunderstanding, it's this lady who accidentally spilled the wine."

"There is no misunderstanding. This lady here is indeed my wife." Lu Tong Xiao said as his hand snaked around Bai Yu Yan's waist. His eyes went back to Fan Li Wei who was looking at them.

"It's time to go home." Lu Tong Xiao's gravelly voice sounded intimate as he secured a lock of hair behind Yu Yan's ear. His finger felt ticklish against her sensitive ear.

"Looks like the stain won't go away. Tomorrow I'll send some clothes to the palace so that the royal tailors can make a new robe for you." He turned towards Fan Li Wei and nodded slightly.

Bai Yu Yan looked at Lu Tong Xiao with wide accusing eyes. She wanted to complain that her perfect chance of advertising her clothing shop to a potential international customer was ruined by him. Before she could open her mouth to give her shop address, he dragged her out of there.

Fan Li Wei looked at the direction the two left, his unblinking gaze following their back. A deep contemplative look appeared in his eyes like he was trying to recall something.

"So she was already your wife then?" he murmured to himself. In the quiet night, his words dispersed in the wind.

33