Uninvited Guest
2.2k 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chun Hua looked at Bai Yu Yan with red eyes. Bai Yu Yan was not wrong. All the pride, arrogance and self-esteem that she had built with so much effort were crumbling before her eyes into nothingness. The Bai house had carefully nurtured her to become one of the best noble maidens in the capital. And she didn’t disappoint them. Her beauty and talent in four arts that she had worked so hard to achieve was appreciated by all. With the number of suitors lining up for her, she wouldn't have difficulty marrying into a good household. But now, she was sitting on the cold floor, rejected by the man of her desire, even when she had willingly offered him her body. Ironically, his eyes had only one person, the very one she had always kept in her shadows.

Indeed, Bai Yu Yan’s slap wouldn’t have hurt more than what she was feeling.

An hour earlier,

Lu Tong Xiao walked out of the dining hall feeling slightly hot and bothered. Although the thing had not acted up fully, he could guess that he had been drugged. He was sure that none of the food or drinks he had consumed in the Bai manor was drugged. Suddenly, he remembered the strong perfume of Bai Chun Hua and raised his eyes in realization. It seems the Bai family had been very careful about it.

Irritated, he pulled the collar of his robe to feel less stuffy and ordered, “Follow Bai Yu Yan. Don’t interfere but if there is the slightest chance of her getting hurt then you don’t have to hold back.” 

As soon as his voice dropped, Xuyi, who was acting as his shadow guard disappeared in the direction where Bai Yu Yan had gone with Old Madame Bai.

“Looks like we are going to have a guest tonight.” Lu Tong Xiao’s eyes turned cold and he walked as if he hadn't noticed anything.

In the room, Lu Tong Xiao didn’t have to wait for long before the uninvited guest arrived at the door. With his back turned towards the door, he silently filled a cup with the newly brewed tea from the teapot set on the table. The door opened from the outside and as soon as it closed, a figure dashed towards him and just as it was about to hug him from behind, he turned around and gave it a hard push. One of his hands was still carrying the teacup which he took a sip from.

Bai Chun Hua’s back knocked on the table in the middle of the room and she fell along with the flower vase placed on it, injuring her forehead in the process. Unable to register the situation, she looked at Lu Tong Xiao with uncertainty.

Lu Tong Xiao sat on the chair, leaned back on it and looked at her with a pair of ice-cold eyes, ”Were you and those who sent you under the assumption that I will not raise my hand against a lady?” There was a smile on his face that didn’t quite reach his eyes.

A shiver ran through Bai Chun Hua’s body. Looking at his cold face, she even forgot her purpose of coming there. Collecting herself with difficulty, she clutched her skirt and said, “Your Excellency, I have always liked you.” She raised her head and looked at him with misty eyes.

“Did you really think that I’d touch you, Second Miss of Bai family?” He didn’t even remember what her name was. Also, it was probably the first time he had looked at her face directly.

If Bai Chun Hua wasn’t scared already then his next sentence would give her the picture of reality.

“If it wasn’t to give Yu Yan an opportunity to handle certain things, did you think you could even enter this room?”

Indeed with the level of Lu Tong Xiao’s martial arts, she wouldn’t have been able to enter the room if he hadn't allowed it. When he first found that he had been drugged, he understood that Old Madame Bai asking Bai Yu Yan to accompany her was just an excuse. At that time, he wanted nothing more than to rush to her but then he suddenly thought about something and held back. For one, he wasn’t someone who lacked enemies wanting to kill him any chance they got. And as the wife of the Prime Minister where most people vied for her position and status, an incident such as this was not going to be the last. Given his position, he wouldn’t be able to give her a simple life as much as he wanted to. So he decided to let her deal with this herself. Because in the future no matter how many capable guards he gave her unless she fought for herself, she would never be completely safe. And he would never be able to calm his heart.

Deep down, Lu Tong Xiao also wanted to know if having another woman and him in the same room would affect Bai Yu Yan but there was no way he was going to admit to having such thoughts.

With eyes wide open, Bai Chun sat paralyzed on the ground unable to believe what she was hearing. She felt the panic and burning shame arising from the humiliation. She hadn’t even thought in her dreams that Lu Tong Xiao would be this cruel.

“Either you scram from here or I’ll ask the Bai family to come and collect your corpse,” his chilled voice that was like a sharp needle awoke her.

As soon as his voice dropped, Bai Chun Hua’s dainty fingers hastened to pull her clothes. It was the lowest she ever felt in her life. From his eyes, she could see that the man was not joking. If she stayed there any longer, she knew he wouldn’t think twice before wringing her neck.

How could her admiration for him have blinded her eyes to the extent that she couldn’t see how dangerous the man was. His softness and warmth were only for Bai Yu Yan as he had only allowed himself to show that side of him to her. He was practically a sleeping tiger. No to be exact, a tiger pretending to be asleep, waiting for its prey to deliver itself to his lair without them realizing they are walking towards their death.

Right then, when she was scrambling on the ground to stand up and run past the door where she had the hope to survive, a series of rushed footsteps were heard outside. Hearing it, contrary to her dismay, elation flashed across Lu Tong Xiao’s eyes as the corners of his lips slowly lifted up to form a charming smile.

Back to the present,

“Looks like the Bai family needs to be taught respect,” Lu Tong Xiao’s nonchalant voice came as he got up from the chair and walked towards Bai Yu Yan. But unlike his tone, each of his words was like a hammer to the nail of the Bai family’s coffin.

Bai Yu Yan looked at the man walking towards her and let him envelop her hand with his.

Right then before he could say any more words, a loud slap rang in the room. Bai Yu Yan turned her head to see that Master Bai had slapped Chun Hua and a red print of his palm was immediately seen on her pale cheek.

“You have shamed our family,” he said while glowering at her. After that he fell on his knees with a dull thud and cupped his hands towards Lu Tong Xiao, saying, “Your Excellency! As the Master of the house, I have failed to teach my daughter properly.”

Chun Hua was stupefied and looked at her father with wide eyes as if she couldn’t believe he slapped her. Madame Bai was also not any better. She was about to open her mouth to say something but was immediately glared at by Master Bai, daring her to say a word, after which he pulled her down to kneel on the floor together with him.

Lu Tong Xiao raised his brow and watched their actions in amusement.

“Your Excellency, we have spoiled our daughter a lot. I had no idea she would pull such a prank with her brother-in-law. I’ll immediately lock her up in the prayer room and make her write two hundred copies of Buddhist scripture,” assured Master Bai without lifting his head.

“Humm..quite a realistic prank it was. I almost thought it was real,” Lu Tong Xiao said as he nodded his head in all seriousness, “Then I am glad that Master Bai didn’t spoil Yu Yan.”

Master Bai closed his eyes, not daring to refute Lu Tong Xiao’s sarcastic words. He had already lost his face and didn’t plan to save it any further if he could get out of this mess. So with a thick face, he pushed Chun Hua’s head to the floor and bowed his face, pleading, “Your Excellency, please consider our relationship and forgive her this time. She is still a child. I will make sure to teach her properly.”

Child? Bai Yu Yan rolled her eyes at his words.

“I think Master Bai is not getting the point here. It’s not me who you should be asking for forgiveness. It’s my wife. So, it depends upon her whether she wants to forgive your daughter or not,” said Lu Tong Xiao while looking at Bai Yu Yan. 

26