Revenge!!!
221 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ghul woke up early in the morning. He had quite a good sleep today.

Some of the mercenaries were asleep, while some of them were awake, exercising, or cleaning their weapon.

"Aren't ya cold kid?" A gruff voice sounded in Ghul's ear.

Raihan was beside Ghul, staring at him from head to toe.

"Who wears only short pants in the wild?" There was a crafty glint in his eye.

"What's your deal?" Ghul said, sounding annoyed.

"Ohhhh... I've got the right deal for you. It isn't good for a man to run around half-naked now, is it? Seeing you desperately in need, I'll sell you these leather armor and trousers for just a measly 100 rupees." Raihan finished his advertising so fast that Ghul didn't even have time to react.

Ghul was tempted but, "I don't have money." He shrugged.

"Well, what about that Eightfold blade?" Raihan's smile seemed to grow bigger.

"You're not getting my blade old man." Ghul's eyebrow twitched.

"Too bad... " Raihan pretended to sigh and shook his head.

"What about these?" Ghul took out quite a sum of monster parts. He had tons of it from hunting regularly.

"Hmmm... not bad, these could certainly be useful." Raihan contemplated for a bit.

"Ahh... Okay, I'll do it as you seem to be in need of it."

Ghul blinked, he couldn't believe what he heard. These monster parts weren't used very much before the Great calamity. Raihan was taking a loss here. Ghul didn't say anything, and silently accepted it, he really was in need of it. But, he would never forget this help.

Ghul wore the leather armor and trousers. Equipping his Claymore, eightfold blade, and Soldier's bow, Ghul looked like a warrior. and, the skull mask gave him a bit dangerous feel.

"Wow, you don't look as poor as before," Raihan commented with a grin.

"Shut up, old man..." Ghul was quite happy right now.

"Where are you heading towards, old man?" Ghul questioned.

"I'm a merchant. I head where there's the smell of profit." Raihan said, trying to act cool.

"You're too old for this, be honest, old man." Ghul was wondering if he was like this with only him or all people.

"You're never too old to do anything. Haven't ya heard--"

Ghul's glare stopped Raihan mid-sentence. "I'm going to Hateno village. What's your plan?" Raihan asked a bit curious.

"Nothing..."

"Why don't you follow us? It would be much safer. What will you do in the wild?" Raihan said sincerely.

Ghul contemplated for a second, he had to make his way towards civilization one way or another.

"Sure..."

Hearing his answer, Raihan gave him a beaming smile. Ghul shuddered seeing Raihan's smile, he felt like he was being scammed.

"Freshen up a little. we're moving in an hour." Raihan said as he went away to do his work.

After everything was done, Ghul and the team hit the road. It would take almost five days to reach Hateno village. Hateno village was in the east of Dueling peaks, and they were currently in the west. They would have to travel through the narrow valley between the Dueling peaks again.

Ghul was sitting beside Raihan in the big cart. Two giant horses were pulling the cart, as the mercenaries were around them in their own horses, protecting the goods.

They reached the valley between the Dueling peaks, as the river where Ghul almost drowned to death came into view. Ghul took his bow and aimed at a grass that was sticking out of the water. It was a water Octorock.

Octorocks are usually found in rivers and lakes. They can be spotted if you were to look for small plants poking out of the water. Octorocks tend to hide underwater.  They often jump out of the water and fire rocks towards any enemy at an incredible speed. This was the little monster that almost killed Ghul at first.

Ghul fired his arrow at the bottom of the grass. The water's buoyancy made the arrow a little less effective, but Ghul fired another arrow right after, killing the Octorock.

Ghul felt quite happy killing that little monster. His mouth automatically curved a little.

Raihan felt a chill down his spine seeing that smile.

"Who are the guys?" Ghul said casually.

"They are Tobias' friends. It's getting dangerous to travel because of constant monster attacks, so I hired them." Raihan shrugged.

"He's Esme," Raihan said gesturing at the guy beside him.

"He's Hasan, Luke, Raphael, and Bailey." Raihan introduced all of them one by one.

Ghul nodded at them, showing his goodwill. The mercenaries were quite friendly, nodding, and smiling. Except for one that is. Luke was looking like a never melting ice, he completely ignored him.

"That guy's a little shy." Raihan just waved him off.

"We'll soon be out of this valley and arrive at the Big Twin Bridge," Raihan said, while still controlling the horses.

"Where will we stay tonight?" Ghul replied to continue the small talk.

"We'll camp at a little north of the Big Twin bridge. I've heard there's an ancient shrine there."

Ancient shrine...

The shrines were built to train the hero to face the Calamity. It wasn't activated right now but in the future. The chaotic future.

Ghul became silent, he knew more about this world's past and future than anyone else in this world. He could bring change. But, could he? Ghul was contradicting himself. He felt like he wasn't worthy. No... He was afraid more than anyone.

"Hey... Kid... HEYYYY!"

"Oh.. What were you saying again?" Ghul snapped out of his reverie.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just a little spaced out..." Ghul replied dully.

"You young people should be energetic. What's up with that dull look?" Raihan replied, gazing into the distant mountain.

"Okay stop trying to act cool, old man," Ghul grumbled.

"What's your age anyway?"

"I-I'm 48..." Raihan said depressingly.

"How many children do you have?"

"I-I don't have any children," Raihan said despondently.

"Ha... It's okay old man... Looks like you were a little too wild in your young days." Ghul said with a comforting expression.

"I'M NOT IMPOTENT, YOU BRAT!!" Raihan shouted.

"It's just that... that I don't have a wife." Raihan said meekly as his voice trailed off at the end.

Ghul was dumbstruck, but he soon regained his calm.

Looking at Tobias, he asked, "How many children do you have, Tobias?"

Tobias said with his head held high, "I'm a proud father of two daughters."

Everyone laughed as they got Ghul's intention, except Luke.

They soon reached the Big Twin bridge.

9