Water loves me!!
279 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're quite strong," Luke said indifferently.

"Your archery skills are not bad as well." Ghul complimented back.

"Thanks for earlier..." Luke said as he turned around.

"Quite shy huh." Ghul grinned.

"You were amazing Ghul. I didn't know you were that strong. This is the first time I've heard Luke compliment someone." Bailey said with amazement.

"I'm honored." Ghul laughed it off.

"Thanks for today Ghul. We're brothers. If you need any help, just ask." Bailey said.

"Why thank me? We're brothers, aren't we?." Ghul said cheekily. He had quite a good impression of Bailey. He was a simple man.

"Haha... Of course." Bailey laughed happily.

"Let's go eat."

"Sure..."

Ghul had breakfast with all of them.

"If I hadn't been knocked out by that Bokoblin, I would have surely kicked that Moblin's ass." Raphael huffed, clearly bluffing.

"If you could've beaten that Moblin, then you wouldn't have been knocked out by it." Esme scoffed.

"If that Moblin comes again, I'll surely beat it," Raphael said rolling up his sleeves.

"Raphael started bluffing again..." Bailey said as everyone laughed.

Only Luke and Hasan didn't laugh. Hasan seemed a bit uncomfortable, he was probably feeling useless. Luke was as cold as ever. He was quite a complex character.

Raphael seemed to be angry at everyone laughing at him, as he started to draw circles on the ground. He was a goofy guy, but he was absolutely reliable on the battlefield. His attack was the highest. The only problem was his low defense. So, he easily got knocked out.

Ghul looked at everyone. They were his brothers since they took him as their own. Ghul felt like laughing, but he was quite happy with it nonetheless. The bond forged in battle. Ghul's lips were slightly curved.

Esme was a quiet person, but whenever he spoke, someone would get their ass handed.

"You seemed to have mingled in quite nicely," Raihan said, as he sat beside Ghul.

"Yeah... Fighting is a good way to bond, I guess." Ghul replied nonchalantly. He had to admit, fighting with a team was much different from fighting alone. Knowing that when you're in a pinch there was someone to help you, it was a refreshing feeling. Especially when your life was on the line, with someone to save you. You couldn't help but have a unique sense of trust.

"I've never entered a battlefield, but yeah fighting does seem to be a good way to bond," Raihan said,

"Pity, I couldn't feel this feeling. But, its this cowardice of mine that has saved my life countless times." Raihan admitted without shame.

"If you really were a coward, you wouldn't have tried to profit from these chaotic times," Ghul replied, staring at the distant mountain. Ghul was fitter to be called a coward. He knew it, and he accepted it. He just wasn't a hero.

"Trying to copy me, Kid, Ha... But, yeah, being born into a long line of a merchant family, the smell of profit is irresistible to me." Raihan's eyes seemed to literally turn into rupees.

"One time, I got attacked by a Hinox." Raphael was at it again.

"What happened next?" Bailey replied.

"You should already be dead if that was true," Esme said.

"It was sleeping so I quietly ran away," Raphael said, still proud nonetheless.

"You didn't shit your pants?" Raihan joked as well.

"Shut up, old man. At least I saw a Hinox, how many of you have actually seen one?" Raphael huffed.

"I've seen one," Tobias said,

"Me too." Luke finally spoke.

"These old bones have even seen a Stalnox," Raihan said proudly.

Ghul stared at Raihan, Ghul's gaze made him a bit uncomfortable.

I thought we're talking about your cowardice, and now you say you've seen a Stalnox.

"So, I am not the unique one." Raphael seemed crestfallen.

From the corner of his eyes, Ghul saw that Luke was whispering something to Hasan. Hasan seemed to hesitate, as Luke acted as nothing happened again.

"I'm sorry everyone." Hasan suddenly said.

"I won't ask for your forgiveness, but your lives were in danger because of me. I'm sorry." Hasan's voice fluctuated at the end, indicating his emotional turmoil.

Everyone quietened down for a moment, before erupting into laughter. Even Ghul had a smile on his face.

"What are you saying? We're brothers." Bailey said while chuckling.

"If you really want to apologize, buy me a drink next time," Esme spoke.

"I'm your captain," Tobias said, his sincere eyes made his answer clear.

"I'll forgive you if you need it so much," Raphael said before getting hit on his head by Esme.

Luke was still the expressionless Luke, but his eyes seemed to be brighter.

"I thought we're brothers, aren't we?" Ghul said while laughing.

Brothers, huh?

Ghul's smile seemed to be brighter.

"Ah... It's nice being young." Raihan said with a smile.

"I'm gonna go take a bath," Ghul said as he stood up. He was the one tanking the Moblin, so his body was stained with its blue blood.

"Make it fast. We're moving in an hour." Tobias said.

The river was quite a distance away from the camp. Ghul stowed away his gear and took a dip in the water. His swords and armor were on the shore. He was still wearing the skull though, just in case.

A blue lizard-like creature was silently moving beneath the water, staring at the bathing Ghul. It's animalistic eyes held some trace of intelligence.

It was a Lizalfos.

These quick-witted, lizard-like monsters can be found all over Hyrule. They are very agile and are amphibious.

The Lizalfos suddenly dashed towards Ghul catching him off guard. It caught his leg and started bringing him in the depths of the river.

It was clearly trying to drown him.

Ghul tried to perform a spin maneuver, but before he could spin, another Lizalfos caught his leg, halting his movement.

If it went on like this, he would surely drown. Water entered his lungs and the lack of oxygen made him dizzy. His limbs were already turning numb.

What is up with me and drowning?

Ghul was speechless, as he desperately tried to attempt a spin maneuver. but the force of the Lizalfos restricted him. He tried to punch the LIzalfos, but the water's buoyancy made it useless. It was their home ground, he couldn't battle underwater.

Am I finally going to die? Tobias, Raihan, Bailey, Esme, Hasan, Raphael, and Luke.

Brothers, huh?

Ghul smiled as he closed his eyes. They were the only people he knew in this world. They were the only people who knew Ghul existed in this world. Ghul was a bit relieved as well. He was a coward, he knew the future, he wasn't a hero.

Ghul's body slowly stopped moving.

7