Chapter II – “Rewind to the beginning”
681 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though I'm already a zombie and this body couldn't feel any pain when it took a fatal damage from a fight earlier but still I'm mentally human with a undead body I still act as if I was badly hurt or in pain to lessen my metal burden knowing I'm a zombie right now, A freakin' zombie in this world!.  

I sigh mentally as I move my legs limpingly this body is so stiff and hard to move around because it is was so badly damage from a fight earlier with a tier 2 zombie. I encountered during my hunt for tier 1 zombie, as fate would decide I luckily or unluckily encountered a badly injured tier 2 zombie and miraculously killed it despite the huge gap of our level (even though it's badly injured it's still a tier 2 zombie with a huge gap in our level its still hard to kill it). And oh boy, I acquire its tier 2 crystal which is so sweet! (That I wanna dance in happiness but due to my body I can't). 

I will use this wisely to level up to tier 1. I'm already at my bottleneck with these crystal I'll be tier one in a jiffy in this situation I would like to celebrate my fruitful labour or incase encounter. But I can celebrate later as my priorities is leveling faster and becoming stronger to survive thats why I don't want to waste anymore of my time.

I need to find a better resting place to level up to tier 1 safely without outside disturbance so that I couldn't waste this precious essence that I will extract from this teir 2 crystal. Lucky for me I find a abandoned home in the forest as I carefully observe if there is  an occupants inside and I see no zombie nor mutated animals/plants or humans in sight. It's like lady luck pass by to ease my burden this place is suitable to rest and level up quickly.

As I go to the basement were I feel it is the most safest place for me to level up. I just sit down to the darker side of the basement so incase a human just happen to pass by he/she wouldn't notice or hopefully sees me and just silently kills me. If a mutated animals were to come here I would be in deep shit for they have a total of night vision and they're attracted to the essence of these crystal like a drug addict inorder to evolve or level up higher in the foodchain in this Apocalyptic world. While mutated plants just feel the vibration in the ground when his prey moves but still its dangerous because they could just eat anything as long as it moves even zombies too. I could still feel a chill run down my spine just remembering a certain mutated plant that almost killed me.

I need to stay in focus no need for anymore of these distraction. As I close my eyes and swallow the tier 2 crystal I could feel the warmth of the essence even flowing in my throat towards my heart . Even though I'm already a zombie for some unknown reason I could feel the essence I ate flowing in my heart. So I slowly sending the essence throughout my body to balance the distribution of power and healing. I began to to notice my badly injured body slowly recovering as I reach further out the last essence of the crystal to every nook and cranny in my vessel.

I suddenly blackout this is a essential sign I'm already in tier 1 (A sign for those who broke through a bottleneck to shutdown so that when they wake up they see their new evolve body like a gadget need to restart the program or to update it). I finally broke through my bottleneck! and I only need to wait to wake up with a new upgraded tier 1 zombie body.

You might think how did I get here and why I became a zombie well let me tell you from the start again with more precise detail than the last one, so let as begin before I woke up again and forget all this.

=======================================================

EARTH - DATE: 04 - 14 - 2012

=======================================================

There's a place where you could find everywhere in a home just a normal family celebrating a birthday of one of their member. And when you went inside you could see different dishes displayed on the table. The most noticable of all is that they all crowded on a little girl facing her birthday cake while everyone sang her a birthday song.

"Happy birthday to you ~~~, happy birthday ~~, happy birthday~, happy birthday to you ~~~." - sang by everyone.

"Now blowout the candle, darling." - Mom

"Wait! I need to get my phone first to picture this moment." - Dad  

"Okay, when I count to 3 Jean. You then blowout the candle... 1, 2, ..... 3 blow! (Clink3x)" - Then Dad took my picture

 

I smiled brightly to them showing I appreciate their effort to celebrate my 13 Birthday.

"Then let's dig in everyone! I'm starving here." - complain Jean

And everyone chuckle at the girl for being too impatient to eat her food and after their little feast everyone gathered in the living room to present their gift to the little girl whose eager to know what kind of gift she'll recieve from everyone.

A 30 year old man with shoulder lenght hair that almost identical to her father's face but in a younger way with little wrinkle in his eyes that isn't too noticeable. He then approach Jean with his hand behind his back he smile widely and said. "Here's my gift for you Jean." Then he give his present to Jean.

And Jean gladly take the gift from his hands and said. "Yey! Thanks uncle Niel." She then unwrap the gift in her hand and saw inside is a doll and her mood is perplex because she don't really need a doll because she's already 13 and only 5 year old enjoy playing with dolls.

As her uncle sees her mood change suddenly he ask, "This isn't to your liking little Jean? I thought u still like dolls like the last time you told me."

Jean then wave her hands to show she's not bothered by it and said, "Nah, its alright uncle. I like your gift, thank you." Still appreciating the effort her uncle to give her a present.

"Pfft, that's when she was still 5 years old Niel. She's already outgrown the doll fanatic faze." - as he pats his little brother to comfort him.

"Still I really missed you guys. The last time I came by is already 8 years ago just because I'm working abroad in order to earn more money, I missed so many time to celebrate yours and my children's birthday party. In our country my former company's isn't enough to pay for my family daily necessities. After this I'll be going back to Japan again Al." - He sadly said.

"Well talk later Niel, I want to know how's your work life in Japan. I just have something to do before we talk privately." - he consultingly said to his younger brother Niel.

"Ok, Al. I'll wait for you later better not forget to bring beer. Got that!" - he warningly said to Al.

"Copy that bro."

Al then approach Jean whose still thanking their guest who gives her present. He then taps the left shoulder to surprise Jean of what he brought for her.

As she turn her head around, she saw a big red ribbon tied securely to what it seemingly looks like a black colored laptop. She then squeals in happiness as tears falls down her cheeks, she always dreamt of having her own laptop and now her Dad make her dream come true. "Thanks you so much Dad, thank you so so much!" Then Jean kiss her Dad cheeks and hug him tightly to show how much she loves his gift that she recieved from him.

"Dad! Dad can I use the laptop right now." 

"Go give it a try it's already yours but still don't play too much or it will hurt your eyes." As her father warned her not to play too much or late at night.

"Okay Dad, I get it." She then happily skip to where her siblings and cousin gathered to show off her new laptop.

As she happily say it in a boastful voice. "Guys! See this I have my own laptop now!" 

Her 2 eldest brother just rolls their eyes in annoyance while her older cousins just blandly congratulate her. But her 2 younger siblings and cousins are more enthusiastic too see her new laptop.

"Oho! cousin Jean please let us see it!" Chime by a boy name Kim with darker shade of his skin which show his a mix race being that his father is half black american while his mom is spanish.

"Yeah! Us too big sis." As both Jazz and James say it at the same time with enthusiasm.

"Geez! chill guys, I'll show you." She then slowly unwraps the laptop in fear of damaging her precious laptop.

"Can't you move faster cousin were still dying to wait here for you" complain by her little cousin Irive for Jean is taking her time to slowly that it looks ridiculous.

"Yeah2x! just shut up and let me concentrate." Jean then press the on button to start the laptop.

As her laptop is open she forget the password to connect to their wifi so she approach her 2nd eldest brother Jess to ask kindly for the password but was refused. Because he doesn't know it so Jean reluctantly approach John instead to ask for the password.

Well John just fastly agrees and typed the password. But why am i relunctant to ask the password? well because it would take awhile just to get her laptop back from her 1st eldest brother John. For he first likes to install games to every laptop he holds so to give reason for the owner to play when in fact his the one playing those games. And he always keep on yapping about the mangas, novels & webtoons that he reads or the anime and movie he watched. Which he always recommend to anyone to read or watch it, so that he could gain a comrade in his interest (well, I do love to read but our genre of books we choose to read is so far apart and seldoms we agree on one genre). And with these situation it's most likely he wants me to heed his recommendation while our 2 younger siblings and cousin left me here, because they lost interest when John starts talking.

"Hey, Jean try reading these books I download in your laptop. I hope you'll like it because this will be my gift to you. Sorry if I couldn't buy you a gift, I kinda in a pinch right now."

Jean pats her brother in his right shoulder and said, "I don't really mind though at least you make an effort while Jess is a prick. You'll already know it's my birthday and that bastard gives me a teddy bear early in the morning." Jean angrily thought.

John doubt what Jean said so he ask, "whats wrong with giving you a teddy bear."

Jean boils with anger when she recall that scene so she huffs alittle to let out some steam and frustration, "at first I was happy because it's his first time to give me a present on my birthday but then he suddenly said its for his girlfriend. That shit! Make me run an errand to give that teddy bear to his girlfriend. Because its also her birthday today. That mothaf*cker! I will get him someday he made me hope for nothing." As she threatingly acts like she's punching her brother Jess in the face and nuts.

"Pfftt! Classic Jess" John laughs at her predicament.

"Hey! It hurt my feelings when he did that move." Jean lower her head and said it with a sadly tone of her voice.

John pats her head and said, "why didn't you refuse him?."

"Well, because I'm kinda feeling guilty to Jess. Because he has to always need to tolerate my trashy attitude and my weird ass self to him until he graduates highschool. And I started to notice his friend distance from him because of me, all cause I'm that so called the weird kid in class or even the whole school." Jean sadly smiles. 

"But still he should not bully you like that." John said

 

"Nah, it's okay bro. You may not notice it but I do really appreciate Jess for taking care of me since I was little until now. Lucky for him his current girlfriend tolerate me tagging along in their date but poor me always being the third wheel. But on the brightside I always get free food." Jean smile jokingly even when she said those words seriously.

"I already finished download all the stories in your laptop just read  it to cheer yourself up." John said to comfort her little sister because he doesn't know how to comfort people when their down. So he hurriedly left  Jean to give her some space.

Then Jean sit down where John currently sat after he left so Jean open the folder where her brother download the stories that he recommend for her to read.

"He better download zombie stories here for me to read." As Jean mutteringly said.

"Hhmm let's see, Love at first sight (eww so cheesy, yuck!), Borrowed Time by: **** (I'm not into drama! So nope!), Captivating Soul by: ... (who cares! Not fan of love story, skip.), Highschool Cherry Blossom (Urgh, typical highschool romance most avoid.). Dang it Where can I find zombie apocalypse story?..."

"Oh! wait, here's a intriguing title... (Hhmm) it's called I'll Dominate this Apocalyptic World with my sheer power. Oh! Cool I finally found a zombie stories but still I need to see the tags of this novel. (Hmm) Action, Horror, Zombies, Weak to Strong, Harem.... Harem! (As far as I remember harem is bad is what my older cousin Vanessa always told me.) There's also R-18+ tag in it's genre (Mom and dad would kill me if they discover there's R-18+ novel in my folder). That idiot John! What is he thinking! Wait, maybe he forgot to check carefully what novels he downloaded here in my personnal laptop..." - Jean went suddenly quite contemplating if she should just delete this novel or read it out of curiosity.

Like a devils temptation, her evil thought otherwise. As she tells herself in her mind (besides this is the only novel that has zombie apocalypse genre, might as well read it because its already there.) As she thought to convince herself to read the forbidden book.

"Welp, it doesn't hurt to read it alittle. If it's too bad I'll stop." She mentally said in her mind.

"I'll Dominate this Apocalyptic World with my sheer power, you must entertain me for I'm too bored here." Then she began to read the novel.

...

...

...

...

Like what most people always said to their friend they give advice to those people who are too curios for their own good. Curiosity to the things they should avoid either for their safety or their sake. As almost all people say curiosity killed the cat and this four words hit me so hard in the gut that I regret reading it in the first place. 

...

...

...

...

To be continued in the next chapter.

Yo! Dear readers its your Author here, rambling for forgiveness to you'll. Please forgive me if my writing is messed up I kinda still confuse using past tense & present tense which is embarrassing. Oh! What is the use of the years of me going to english class when most of it I already forgot after I graduate (Huhuhu ???). Why brain? Just why? Well jokes aside...

I want to give my thanks for those who tolerate my writing and still reads my novel. I really appreciate it so I thank you so much for your time.

11