Chapter VI – “”
456 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The once peaceful school where student gathers in class to learn while the teacher teaches their students many subjects to learn  which is essential for every children future. But the usual routine of every school was not happening today, the rooms that should be filled with students and a teacher are empty with no students that should sat in their designated seats.

 

But inside you could see that every room are in wreck, where you could see blood splattered everywhere and also the chairs are in disarray. If you see closely, you could see some pieces of human flesh and clothes scattered everywhere.

 

You would ask where the hell are they? Then just walk out from the room and into the hallways you could see students and teachers either walking awkwardly, crawling on the ground, or stuck in their place like a statue. And when you walk closer to them you could smell their rotting flesh and blood, be it outside or inside the school, the atmosphere screams death everywhere you go.

 

If you happen to pass by outside of the gym you could see a group of student, huddled in the corner, kneeling down in a circle, feasting on something scrumptious, you could hear the crunching sound as they chew and swallow. Two students were having a tug of war of the thing they held that which looked like a entire leg of a female student.

 

They roared and bite its flesh like it is the most delicious dish on their plate and when you look down. You could see the terror stricken on the face of a female student being eaten alive by her once so called friends that are now brain dead zombies.

 

Her last memory before she takes her last breath are her friends turning into a zombie and chasing her until they caught her. And as they dine on her flesh with their horrifying disfigured rotten faces, as they tore her everywhere little by little, until her bones and blood are the only remains of her, a once innocent girl tragically have been eaten by a group of zombies.

 

And this will be your outcome, if you just leisurely walk around the school everywhere. Knowing the entire school is littered with zombie students and teachers with the school population of 2500 registered student this year, including the school head, teachers, nurses, school bus drivers, janitors and etc, in your count then you're screwed all over.

 

Knowing all that, do you dare to walk around in leisure?, or you're asking to be slaughtered quickly in vain? (Then do so), or Do you want to find a way to get out of here? If your lucky or that is to say if you're really lucky...

 

Meanwhile Inside the gym, 20 people gathered in the center, discussing their plan to how to get outside safely without being overwhelmed by the zombies. While 1 person was left outside the circle, he who just sat by the corner contemplating about his situation.

 

(What should I do now?)

 

(They're gathering in the center of the gym, I'm too embarrassed to go there and just sat there on the floor with them. Basically I don't even know all these people here, let alone this whole school situation, or even those pesky zombies outside, they're all talking about.)

 

(I'm so clueless in this regard, why am I even here?........ If I died, I should be in heaven right now? Or maybe in hell? Or in purgatory, or something?.)

 

(I can't even believe, I really died on that day. I died so young, or maybe not that young if I recall there's also primary student on board in that bus. I don't even know if some survive in that crash or not... My parents could have even buried my body right now.)

 

(How could I let them experience burying their child (me) first. It should be the other way around, they must be so devastated when they got the news.. (sniffs) Mom... (hick).... Dad I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to...(sniffs) leave yyou... both...)

 

(At least I have 4 siblings, they should be able to take care both of them when they get old. My little sister will be the only daughter now... oh, Jazzie forgive your big sis for leaving you too as well for big brother John and Jess... and even Jame too... I'm sorry...)

 

(I wish I could have said I love you'll often or say good bye at the very least, I could do... regrets all came crushing down on me when I realize I'm already dead in my original world and could not reciprocate them back when I finish school and work... I could no longer do any of that....)

 

(.....My friends...... Dian and Stella, I couldn't keep my promise to them, when we planned to open our own boutique someday... I'm sorry...)

 

(I'm all alone in this world... this unknown world where zombies could be everywhere... how do I survive this?... I wish this is all a dream.... but this is all real all along...)

 

Jean looks down and touch the name tag on her chest...

 

((Sadly sigh) Dion.... the original owner of this body... where are you?.... Did you just really die like that?... how laughable it is that you just slip and banged your head on the floor and then puff you're dead just like that...)

 

(What's more laughable, I (a girl) happen to enter your body and occupied it... (ha ha ha) funny right?... I don't know who you are? Or how you live your life, or if you even have a family?... I don't  even know if they're alive right now...)

 

(Right family?!.... Dion please excuse my behavior, let me snoop in your wallet for a sec...)

 

Jean pats both her side pockets to find Dion's wallet but was only met with the sound of coins, indicating there's no wallet. So she pats her bottom pockets if Dion have one that is, as she pats the left pocket has the wallet stash inside.

 

((Hhmm) let's see... oh there's a picture!... this should be your family photo... In your left side, this should be your father and your right side should be your mother. They both look like a rather well off family... oh, it seems in this photo... your mother is pregnant... I don't even know when this was taken or if your mother already gives birth to your little sister or brother...)

 

(I hope they're safe so I could tell them you already passed away. I'll make this one of my reason to survive in your place so rest assured Dion, may you rest in peace...)

 

(I may not know how I end up here but I'll make sure I will survive no matter what!... because maybe, just maybe there'll be a miracle to happen... maybe in the future, I could reunite with my family...)

 

While Jean was so focused on her thoughts she doesn't realize the group was almost finished planning their escape. 

 

*Clap 3x*

 

As Mr. Clark clapped 3x to get the attention of every student once he noticed almost all of them are focused on him. He proceed to say, "Okay, everyone of you must proceed as planned, in order for you'll to see your family again. Do not stray or you'll either be the next menu of those zombies appetite. Copy!"

 

"Yes sir!"

 

"Who's gonna volunteer to lure out zombies? outside of the gymnasium to go to the east side. In order for the team A to go to the west side, where the closest parking lot for the school bus. This will be a risque move and a higher chance to die if you don't run faster to avoid being eaten by a horde of zombies. I'll be blunt this will be like a suicide mission to ensure others safety but if you run faster and give me time to get the bus started. I promise I'll turn back to get you'll." Mr. Clark said in a gloomy tone

 

(Is this teacher even serious?! Is his brain have a hole or something? Is he nuts?! Does he know how stupid are his plan?! He is asking for some student to volunteer to die!)

 

"...." Everyone inside went silent after what mister Clark said. Because they know this will be so insane plan, who else would be insane enough to risk their own life for someone else.

 

(How did he come to that conclusion? Who would be insane to volunteer in his so called suicide mission. Why not wait for the military to save us rather than offer ourselves to the zombies?!)

 

"Sir, no one would volunteer in this crazy plan of yours! How could you ask a student to volunteer to die!" Jane protested.

 

((Nods) I agree with Jane on this one.)

 

"Yeah, why not wait for the military to save us."

 

"(Sigh) When the military comes here it would be to late for them to save us. The entrance door of the gym couldn't hold on until tonight. When they do come here, they'll only see our remains! We must make haste."

 

(He does have a point but still I feel like something might go wrong with this insane plan.)

 

"Why not you lead the suicide team sir?"

 

(Yeah, why not you lead?)

 

"I want to but I can't, because I'm the only one here knows how to drive the bus. If you'll protest then could someone step forward, to those who know how to drive I'll make you the lead for the team A."

 

"....."

 

But still no students step forward because all of them don't know how to drive except mister Clark of course.

 

"I'll take this as none of you know how to drive."

 

"But sir how could you make someone, agree to that? Even I wouldn't go that far! I still need to find my parents if they're still alive."

 

"I know you'll want to find your parents but as you'll can see we have no choice in this regard."

 

"I agree with Mr. Clark we have no choice. Even if we happen to hold off the entrance door here, we still couldn't survive for long because we have no food supplies store inside. It would take days, weeks or even months before the military get to us. Did you'll forget that we're not the only school, that have been terrorized by these zombies, this could be happening all over the world right now. And only us can save ourselves either wait to die or do something to have a chance to live another day." Said Xander persuasively to them.

 

(This guy name seems familiar... I just can't seem to pin point him though... I shouldn't have known him for he is in this world, a world I don't even know in the beginning.)

 

Zack said, "I hate to admit it but I'll agree on you in this one nerd. Now all of you stop whining! And let's do something!" 

 

(For once this dude could be understanding and not all the time a hot headed dude.)

 

"Why not let us pick our fate through a stick game. Where if someone picks the long stick they'll be either on team a or b, while if someone picks the short stick will be the suicide team (team c)."

 

"How many does the team c need sir?"

 

"It should be five people... Now let us proceed..."

 

All the student line up to pick a stick from the hand of mister Clark.

 

"Yyes! I'm safe! (Pwe)"

 

(Chee, lucky bastard)

 

"Yohoo, me too bro"

 

"Hah! Safe"

 

"Fuck! What luck did I have?" said Zack angrily 

 

((Snicker) serves you right, you jackass!)

 

(Oh, it turns out its my turn now.)

 

(...)

 

(I shouldn't have celebrated sooner... even my luck here is shitty too.)

 

Xander approach Jean and pats his shoulder and said, "Dion, It seem this isn't your lucky day."

 

"What did you pick, Xander?"

 

"Mine it's safe"

 

"(Tsk, another lucky bastard) I see, lucky you. (Must you rub salt on my open wounds.)"

 

*sniiffs*

 

"Jane are you, okay?" Xander worriedly ask.

 

"No... it seems me and that harry potter over there, will be on the same team."

 

(Should I be happy that Jane is on my team, at least she's an acquaintance I briefly known for like a few minutes (Am I selfish?) Or should I be sad for her knowing she might not make it, or both of us might not get through all this.)

 

"Would you like to switch with me Jane?" 

 

"How could I?! You already know how high is the risk Xander!"

 

"You're just a girl Jane, how could you? out ran the zombies!"

 

"I can make it! What is the use of my hard work in track and Field training."

 

"Jane"

 

"Trust me on this one, Xander"

 

"Okay"

 

Jean rolls her eyes at the scene and said to them, "While both of you have time to flirt in front of me which makes me wanna puke rainbows, right now. Could we first find tools to use to defend ourselves from the zombies outside because time is but of an essence." Jean sarcastically said.

 

""(Blush) We're not flirting!""

 

Jean turns her back while waving her hand and said, "Yeah 2x, I already know newlyweds."

 

(Well, well my luck may not be that bad... at least I find a Japanese wooden sword here. Wait! this is used by a kendo club in Japanese... Did I transmigrate to a Japanese country? Oh, right Dion's last name is also Japanese but most of the student here looks like a foreigner and I'm only the black haired one inside the gym.)

 

((Slap!) Stupid! I must first focus on the plan. I'll think later on the other things when I know I'm finally safe and sound.)

 

 

Jean looks around the gym, seeing everyone are preparing according to Mr. Clark plans. Her heart thumps loudly out of nervousness, anxiety and fear, she never felt before in her world. She hope Dion's body could be a little athletic at least for her to out ran those zombies and hoping she could make it that the bus could get them.

 

She walk towards the blocked exit of the gym where her other team members line up horizontally preparing to dash outside to lure away the zombies from the entrance door. Jean sweats and gulp, she looks by her right side, she could see Jane holding a metal pole. While at her left-side a dude who's likely from a baseball club wearing a PE uniform holding a wooden bat with nails poking out of it, you could see traces of blood on it. Even Zack has came in preparation he was holding an emergency ax, the other two was either holding a broom stick and a broken mop.

 

 

"Guys, help me unblock the door."

 

"Sir, you better hurry and come back to get us or you will regret this." Zack threateningly said to Mr. Clark while he intensely glares at him.

 

"(Nod) I know, good luck everyone."

 

While still staring at the door Zack said in glowering tone, "you lot must not block my way or I'll...", he threateningly gestures his left hand in a slitting throat motion.

 

*gulp*

 

(Ahh, it's pretty much more like what he always do... Threatening people in every way... (sigh))

 

"After I count to three run as fast as you can, you hear me?!"

 

"Yes! Sir"

 

"1...2......... 3 RUN!"

 

............

.........

......

....

...

 

It's your shameless author here just telling you'll I'm sorry for updating late. Just a little down (whelp) SORRY if this isn't your cup of tea but I just want to write this in order for me to learn and improve my writing because I know I suck on it. But let me remind you'll again, I am not good at expressing my story in words. That's why I'll just show you some of my ideas through my drawing because it shows why I really want to write it. I just wanna express it to someone (Please, don't judge me that badly because I suck at writing) BECAUSE IN THE FIRST PLACE WRITING IS NOT MY FORTE TO BEGIN WITH, I JUST WANNA LEARN IT SO THAT I COULD IMPROVE MYSELF AND BE BETTER FOR ONCE.

 

And I also wanted to show my family that I could also do something that I wanted to do and not just give up so easily. So I'm sorry if this story wasted your time reading this but I'm also grateful for you'll still reading this so Thank you and God bless you all from the bottom of my heart. ???

 

"This is one of my Digital Drawings"

- Too bad I couldn't send a GIF version so the pictures could be moving but still I hope you like this.

 

I ALMOST FORGOT STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPPIE, SEE YA FOLKS !!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4