No title was found in this diary but has a huge splat of blood was found in most pages.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Juliana's father and his people was with her and ready to try to break the wall one more time. While the other side Paolo and the villagers were all working together already with their hope high. 

"Everyone! Let's do it together, on three, one, two, three!" 

The wall was tough as diamond, few pickaxe break, few golems are getting crushed by their own fist, but the wall was falling apart pebble by pebble.

Jalga said "We can able to ask a druid for help! This is a chance to be friends with the other side again."

They felt a very strong streght "The Power of Hope" that gives them streght to make larger holes to the wall, they concentrate to a single crack and hit it till it became bigger, they're heart beat was on rhythm each hit, their tears of joy makes them stronger. Paolo saw that the vines was inside the wall that he suspect that it was the reason why a crack was made. Along with the rhythm of hope, the flower starts to bloom, it shows its first three petals which is color red with a wierd green color on the round tip. 

Paolo remembered Keina when the red petals appeared.

"Keina... Don't lose hope!" 

Paolo attempt to jump and reach the vines, but he ends up fail and continued to help the others to break the wall, some witches summons beast to break the wall and give the workers a rest. 

The priest give a chant to help the workers to recover faster and get stronger. On the other side, the tree folks grab huge boulders to break the wall, but the rock was crushed or split in half but the wall was getting torn down little by little. 

The night raised, but the workers are still keep on going, they gone tired and wished to go home. 

"Okay then, let's do it tomorrow." 

All the villagers and workers go home, while on the other side, they all go back to their place, Juliana and Paolo was very excited about tomorrow. 

"We can finally bring back the two nations again!"

"Right! No more anger, just help each other."

"Well, I better go home now, father must've been waiting for me, see you again tomorrow, bye Paolo."

"Now that I can see you personally, you're really have the beauty of the dryad."

"Stop it, bye!"

"Bye!"

Paolo goes to Keina's home and looked at her. 

"Keina, you're going to be okay, the wall will break apart, we can ask from the other side for some help." 

Keina was weakening but she hold Paolo's palm and smiled, she said "Don't mind me... I... I'll be okay. Hnn!" 

Keina was in pain when she tried to pull. 

"Take some rest, don't push yourself." 

"No, I have to practice, for the d-dance..." 

"Don't worry, you'll get better before the dance start, for now, take some rest." 

Paolo slowly put his hand to Keina's forehead and kissed it, he sit right beside her as she take some rest.

"I feel really safe and happy when your around, hope this last forever." 

"What do you mean, don't talk like it's the end, don't worry, I'll practice very well so that you will never fail, I'll hold you when you are in trouble... I promise." 

"Promise?" 

"Promise, from the bottom of my heart." 

"Hmp, that's why I like you." 

"So take some rest, for the better." 

After few minutes, Keina fall asleep, Paolo was looking at Keina seriously as she sleep while Lea was laying on the corner taking a rest, Keina was aching every few minutes, she can't fight it and all she can do was to hold Paolo's hand really tight, he was so serious that he couldn't sleep even Keina's parents asked to. 

The sun's tip rises, the workers are really fired up because of the excitement, Paolo kissed the forehead of Keina and go with the other workers. They faced a terrible thing right after they arrived at the wall. 

"Nooo!"

The wall was completely repaired, many hours of hard working, one night of tragedy. 

"No! Why is this happening! We're so close! We're almost a few steps to hope! Why is this happening!" Paolo screamed and shouted loudly as he punched the wall. 

"Paolo, stop it, the hope is gone, we're finished, there's no way we can break that wall again." the workers suddenly became really low, without even trying, they let go their explosives and pickaxe and go home. 

"No, don't go, Keina need medicine! Do it for her, please she's in danger!" 

He used the explosives that the workers left, but not a single crack was made. 

"I'm not giving up for her!" He used a pickaxe, he used both of his arms to wield two pickaxe, but it just break like stone against diamond.

He punched the wall multiple time and he ended up wounded, he jumped to the vines but it was just too high to be reached. 

"No! Juliana!"

Juliana wasn't there, she was crying with her father with a sad news. 

"I won't give up!"

Paolo climb up on a tree but it wasn't tall enough to reach the wall. 

"Please, this is for Keina."

He jumped from the tree, hes was badly hurt but manage to hold at the tip of the wall with his other hand in the vine.

"I won't.... Let you die!" 

But the wall was very polished and slippery and cause him to fall down, the vine snapped from the convection. 

"Nooo-" 

His head was badly hurt from the fall causing his to faint, he wasn't able to move but his eyes can still see, it began raining. 

"Paolo, my son, please, don't join us now, you're still young, fight the pain." His mother's voice spoke from his mind. 

His vision began getting blur and slowly getting dark, the atmosphere around him was getting cold and hard to breathe, he began vomiting blood. 

"Fight son!" His father's voice spoke at him. 

He wasn't able to hear the rain drops or the sound of the wind, he's completely numb. 

"I.... Must.... Fight...." 

He tried to stand up using his weak, numb and aching body. 

"I.... Must.... Fi-" 

He was completely collapsed and his vision blanked out. He opened his eyes one more, but his body was warm and all feel well. 

"Paolo, I'm glad you're awake." Lea was sitting beside the bed where Paolo is. 

He woke up in a room, he left part of his head was wrapped in bandage. 

"How long did I-" 

"You sleep for almost three days." 

"Three... Keina!" Paolo scream Keina's name. 

Lea turned sad and said "I'm sad to say, she... she won't last long." 

"No..." 

"She asked me that when the time or a chance that you wake up, she wants to see you for the last time." 

"What do you mean for the last time?" 

"She.... She's dying." 

With a hurting chest, Paolo stands from the bed and walk outside, he hurried his way to the house with his eyes crying. He saw that Keina was completely white with Jalga by her side. 

Jalga said "She fight the pain, so long just to wait you." 

"Paolo, you've finally came.... I-I got something to tell, you." 

"Don't talk like that, you'll be fine, I'll go the the other side of the wall just to save you." 

Jalga looked him in the eye and said "She won't last long, she has only two hour more or less left. Just stay with her and listen to every words she say. I'll leave you two here." 

Jalga goes outside along with Keina's little sister, Paolo sit right beside Keina. 

"Thank you for staying with me for the last few days." 

"Don't talk like that!" 

"Paolo, back when, I once wished that a man will show up, that will protect me from harm. Then I found you, you helped me, saved me and protected me with all your heart, thank you for staying with me." 

"Don't die Keina, we still got a dream to reach!" 

"But my wish and Dream was already been granted, you do it all, you fulfilled my dream... Now, I only got one wish to asked for you." 

Paolo was shedding tears as he can't bear the pain of his friend and said "What is it?" 

"Stay with me, for my last remaining time in this lovely world, with you. I was lucky to be friend with a person like you, thank you for staying by my side."

Paolo laughed and said "That what friends do." 

"For the first and last time.... can you.... hug me." 

Paolo lift Keina and hugged her, they were shedding with tears, they remebred the time they first met at the farm, she was very shy when the time their faces get close to each other, and the time when they were locked in the stable and Keina was sweating like crazy, she snores as she say wierd words, they also remembered the time Paolo faced Crist with his deadly sword. But Keina was getting weaker and weaker every minute. 

Keina wasn't able to say "I love you" because it will only cause Paolo to have a hard time bearing the pain of her dear so she just shuts her mouth and accept that it only a range of friendship. But Paolo wasn't considering her as his friend but a family. 

After an hour, Keina's body gave up, her her grip was no longer strong and let go, heart stopped, she wasn't breathing and his skin color began to turn white. 

"Keina? Are you still there? I'm sorry, I wasn't able to help you, I'm sorry I wasn't able to save you, I'm sorry I wasn't able to make a promise, I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to help you, I'm sorry for letting you wait and fight the pain, I'm sorry you can't be with me, I'm sorry that you can't arrive from the festival, I'm sorry to cause you trouble, I'm sorry for not listening your wishes, I know that your dream was more than just be close to me, I'm sorry that you can't grow up with me.... Keina... I'm really sorry." Paolo gave so many sorry that he feel the pain of the the death of his friend more than the pain of his injuries. 

(Most of the page was all ripped from this chapter and wasn't able to find the missing pieces.) 

0