Chapter 8: Fight for my Life!
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He challenged me for a duel. 

I just said "Sorry, but I'm not good in fighting." 

But be said "So you're giving up already? Use your best weapon, then." 

"Sorry, but I don't have any weapon, I'm just a farmer not a fighter." 

But one of the villagers from my side of the wall said "He's a hero, he defeat that damn Crist, there's no way he can be defeated." 

I said to myself "I'm in such a bad place!" 

"Oh ho! So you're truly a strong man, I want to see it, before you die. King! Announce to everyone that a duel will start in the first rise of the sun, tomorrow. I'll be seeing you, great o' Hero."

He gave a murderous face like my life was in line, wait.... my life really is in line! After the meeting of the King and Queen, everything became a happy and back to a peaceful normal. 

But I'm in the house and hiding in the bed and saying "I wish that time he didn't show up, I don't mind getting killed from a fight, but the farm, the money, the villagers and Juliana's life will be on danger zone! I'm not a fighter, I'm a farmer, it's not like cutting grass by big scythe, not like a sheer that cut vines-...."

Something triggered my chest. 

"Vines, Cutting, Dryad, Sheer, Scythe, Knife... Hye Hye Hye ha ha ha haaa!" I feel so happy and enrgized, I feel embarrassing when I feel it but it felt really good. 

The day after, I ready my things and head to the other side, the king and Juliana was waiting there. 

" Are you sure you're okay with it? It's not like the enemy give up and you win, it is a fight from near death." Juliana's father who's a King said to me. 

I replied "If you're daughter is in the line of danger, of course I will do everything for the best for everyone. But I'm not sure if I can." 

"But I will still never think of letting you marry my daughter, you're not strong from your look." 

"Fine by me, we only dream of breaking the wall, and that's all and I'm satisfied." I said as I remembered Keina who's no longer with us. 

We walk towards the huge gate made out of wood and huge rocks, there are two huge tree folks with glowing eyes and blue light flowing from their trunks, they were like Guardian of the village gate, they were scary that even just a glare makes my spine chills. 

The wedding that I interrupted was just at eh outside of the gates and never see what it really looks like.

The tree folks opened the gate, the first thing that I saw in front of me was scary golems that I feel that I want to run away from their scary spicky rock teeths and fangs, but I bear the fear and keep walking beside the King. I saw the huge tree that their talking about, it really big and tall that it reached the sky. 

"Watch out there for now, there's a Dragon Raiser up there." Juliana said. 

"What's the mater?" I asked. 

"The dragon has an egg, the dragon was a Iron Spine Burrow Dragon, one of the most endangered dragon species in the this world and it only lives in this world." 

"Why such endangered? It can breathe fire right? So why not just attack." 

"That kind of dragon isn't capable of breathing fire, but they have a sensitive senses and their bones and claws are sharper that a blade. It is one of the gentlest creatures, bit it is better to stay away when they protect their egg."

"Okay, that was enough." 

The king said "We have arrived, now, pick your weapon and ready to fight."

I found tons of awesome weapons and armor, I was getting dizy after thinking of which weapon do I use. I was shacking because of the small atmosphere inside my mind. And badly, I forgot to change and I wear my farming clothes without even me noticed it. I  got even more nervous and suddenly my leg move outside and head to the arena without my will, I got out weapon less and not even any armor to protect me. 

The king said "So your fighting with you physical talents. So be it." 

I said to the king repeatedly "No noononono! You got it all wrong!" 

The vines from the arena gates lifted and block the path and cage me inside the arena, Loredo was at the other side of the arena and he was holding a hammer. 

I was wondering why the arena floor was soil and not something like rocks, then I suddenly remembered "It was a Dryad Arena, they can use nature magic!" 

I was very nervous, without weapon, don't know any magic, why the hell the villagers from my side of the wall are all here!? The enemy was very strong, I'm totally a minced meat for sure! "

He said that "I show you the true meaning of love." 

I will only tell what actions happened based on what I feel. Loredo lift vines from the ground that first whip my bad really hard and flew towards him, he use the other fine to tie my leg and throw me in the place where I stand, I saw Jay was watching and his mouth was trying to say was "You're a looser." 

"How could you, you damn big bro friend! I'll sow you my-" 

Before I was able to finish what I'm saying, a vine hit my mouth causing me to shut up. 

Loredo said "Let see how you tough guy can eat my vine? Don't worry, I'll do it slowly and surely."

The vine is slowly going inside my mouth which is very disgusting, it smells like a rotten veggies and dead meat, what did he feed his vines? But it was very painful that I wasn't able to breathe because my nostrils that straight from my mouth was blocked. I was about to black out when I  feel that I touch something sharp from the pocket of my farming clothe, it was a sheer that I used yesterday, I was very scared and cut the vines before it goes in even further, I wasn't able to breathe but I pulled the vines out of my mouth that reaches my stomach, I vomited after I successfully pulled it out but I was lucky I'm still breathing, my eart beat was fast that I can't even feel and hear a thing. 

"I'm done for." I said to myself. 

Loredo said "How lucky you lived, but I'm not satisfied yet! Show me your strength, human!" 

I feel anger when I heard that the word "Human" was used in a taunting way, I couldn't hold myself and charged toward him, but a vine appeared from the ground and hit me, the sheer that I hold wound my arm and bleed. 

I feel weak, I feel numb, I wasn't able to move without feeling any pain. The blood spreads from. The ground making a small pool of blood, I remembered Keina because of her red hair like blood, I feel hatred and anger to myself from letting her die. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to save you, I wasn't brave enough to face a near death, I wasn't thinking, thanks to you now I know that that flower can lift a curse, but it was too late before I discovered it. Give me one more chance to save others."

The sheer from my wound slide down to the blood, I gone crazy when I  saw the sheer but I was still in control, but I couldn't resist the feeling of killing a bastard like Loredo but please don't spread that I said said if you read this.

I laughed loudly and said "You cursed bastard, you're the same as Crist, you only desire love for yourself rather than love for everyone!"

I hold the sheer, put it in my chest and said "Fine, I'll make you a painful regret, slowly, mercilessly, painfully and very very surely." 

I wasn't able to paint my mad face and all I can do was to smile very very happy, my wound was not aching, my body feels heavily light. Loredo starts attacking my with his vine but I dodged it all, he threw the hammer and hit me, but I wasn't feeling any pain and kept walking, I laughed because I feel like it. 

He started saying "You're no strong hero, you're a psychopath!" 

He strike me with his vine but I hold the vine and girp if very tight, he was trying to pull it back but my happiness tried to pulled it down, maybe this is what it feels when you're all lonely, your parents died, your friend died, you raise yourself all by yourself with only talking to a friend to calm you down, without any hesitation, I pulled the vine which is getting weaker that I expected, I pulled it and he was getting closer like it was connected to his palms. 

"I don't know why, but I feel like killing someone today." I said as I open the sheer's mouth blade and slowly slide it and split the vine in half. 

He was screaming, I think that the vibe was part of his body. 

Juliana said "Paolo stop! The roots are his part of his body!" 

"So he used his body and convert it to a root, that's why he was so strong and cause his pain, then I'll do it even more painful."

After the other part is being split, I cut the split part into pieces, he really is crying in pain.

Loredo said "Please stop, I give up!" 

But I said "I'm not finished yet!" 

But Juliana was begging me to stop too, so I have no other choice but to stop and turn around. 

But before I was able to reach the arena's exit, I feel a strong current of a line like a worm crawling underneath me, so I hold my sheer and I accidentally brought my small scythe too and stab it on the ground where the the current was sensed. 

Loredo screamed very loudly. 

I said "You don't know the true meaning of admitting defeat." 

I pulled something that I sensed, it was a purple vine, I don't know why every one in the Dryad wall side was shocked. 

"How could you! Poisoning your enemy even if you admit that you're defeated! How coward you are!" 

Without talking to Juliana, I go back to the use at the farm and head to bed. 

Why? Because I was so tired that I can't even speak from the adrenalin I got! 

But I was excited that I am still alive after the battle I do, hoping that no one will challenge me for a death match again. 

Why am I always near death always, I changed this diary from being a story teller to being the real me or named as "Paolo" because my brain was aching from thinking of what will happen and what happened from the past diaries. 

When the time I turned around from the bed, I saw a woman's leg very close, it was Lea who's standing very close from my head. 

She said "What's the problem, why so stiff all of a sudden?" 

"Did you even watched what I did?! I eve saw you the moment the vine flew me away." 

"Well that's quite impressive." 

"From what?" 

"You make that fool cry just by cutting his vines."

"Of course, he's a Dryad, Nature is one of their life and energy source." 

"But you used your farming skills to cut off the weeds! I'm sure Keina will love it!" 

"Hope so, I hope she is okay, even if the curse was lifted, she still feel a painful death." 

"I'm sure, she's grateful about you, and she'll be happy as long as you're happy." 

I guess she's right, and I suddenly fell asleep, but I can't sleep well when the time she sit from a chair near me and gently scratches my head, it was embarrassing but really makes me feel relaxed.

"You've done well, hope you can stay long enough to be a good leader, you're one of the best ma in the village, even if we don't know where you came from, we're still happy that you helped us that messing us up." I heard she said as I sleep. 

This is not a short note but a short words. 

[The hope won't show unless you tried your best on everything.] 

0