My End… Not! (M.E.N.)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The time the chicken woke me up in the middle of the night when I heard someone screaming near my house or should I say my owner's house. I tried to find where the scream was coming from, I was so sleepy that I wasn't able to see clearly. 

I shouted "Is somebody there?" but no replies were heard and the scream keeps ongoing. I searched around the house but didn't saw anything even tho I was really scared. 

I said "Who's there?" but no replies was heard, the screaming stopped and ready a sword that I got from the shelf where a musket was found. 

I saw rats started to run away from the crops from the grass field that I forgot to trim, when I got closer toward the grass, I feel strange heavy atmosphere and temperature gone cold like some kind of curse like before but I feel like someone is in trouble. 

A man was laying down the grass all naked and shivering from the cold. I brought it home with me with my guard high. He looks normal, but his face was new, his hair was almost getting bald, his eyes were like blind, his body was whiter than snow, but he was breathing and whispering "Help... me..." repeatedly. 

I wear him warm clothes, he has a huge sew in the back of his neck, it wasn't bleeding even if it was a little open and exposed. 

I can't speak loudly or he might waken up so I just head to my bed without knowing why he is here because he looks very tired. An hour later, I heard footsteps wearing metal shoes that might be soldiers. 

"Where are you?" A woman's voice was heard outside, I wasn't able to look because I am so tired.

The other day, I was woken up by a loud clanging sound from the kitchen, I go downstairs and saw that them was in his consciousness, I was worried that he might think that I'm a bad guy, so I said "What happened yesterday?" but he doesn't speak, must be deaf or mute, he just growls and groans. 

"Do you need something?" I asked after I step forward. 

He moved and trying to point something like he know what I'm saying, he keeps pointing at the window, I looked at the window and saw Jalga was standing in front of the entrance of the farm, I go outside and walk towards Jalga. 

"What's the matter Dr.?" I asked. 

"I sense that thing in your house, his very dangerous, you better give it to me." Jalga told me as he speaks with a very worried face. 

"Why?" I asked him with a very questioned expression. 

He replied "He's already dead, he's a cursed body." 

"How could he be cursed, he could be but he didn't attack me, and he also knows what I am saying. I think he's just scared." 

"But that wasn't the main point, when a body was given life by a curse, they may deeply suffer from purification or any curse curing things, even just a little is very painful."

"There's no magic in this farm, he is here, let me know more about him and I will think that he will live longer as a living more than just being an object with life." 

"If you say so, after all, you showed mercy from that crack head dryad yesterday, I'll leave him to you." Jalga walks away with a smile. 

I was just wondering at the second before the last... Do I show mercy at Loredo? I even question myself thinking if I show mercy. But the new case is, how I suppose to communicate with a zombie (no hard feelings) that can't talk. 

But I heard the same voice saying "Is he gone?" 

I turned around and saw him, he must the guy that speak, but when I asked him again he just groaned. Without wasting any chance, I quickly hold my giant scythe and trim the tall grass. I heard someone was touching the Berry bushes, it was the zombie or I should better call guy (I feel ashamed for calling him zombie) who's holding a basket and gathering the berries. 

"So you know about farming." I said with a smile. 

He nod that I am pretty sure that he understands what I'm saying, so I let him continue the work and I continue to trim the grass, he put where the berries should be like he knows the house's places, I was thinking if the old man was lying about having no relatives. 

We continued to work until the moon completely rise, he was not getting tired, he continued to work almost 16 hours straight (1 hour in Elemental is equal to 1h 30 min in Earth) without having a break or stop.

"Paolo!" Juliana shouted as he walks towards me. 

"Oh hi Juliana, how Loredo? Is he alright?" 

"Yes, but he was being punished after using a poisonous attack after admitting defeat, he deserves it." 

"I think so too, but I like to kill him if I can." 

"Paolo?!" 

"My bad, just anger still in my brain."

"But the good news is now we achieved our dream, the dream of reuniting the two races."

"Actually it was two kingdom, our village has witches, Demi-humans and all sorts of different races. But it was a relief that is all now good." 

Juliana sits right beside me handling a basket.

I ask her "Why are you holding a basket?" 

"I was thinking that your exhausted from working, so I made some bread to give to you. Father might be worried already, I must go now." 

"Okay, see you, be careful from the woods okay?" 

"Okay." 

Juliana walks away, leaving the basket beside me, the guy stopped and sit a stack of Hay and look at the sky. 

I walk towards him and ask "Do you live here?" 

He looked at me with a surprised face and nod, I tapped his shoulder and he wasn't frightened like befe, he became calm, I goes ba to the house and find something, hoping that there was realy a  from is family, I tried and I tried my best, but just end up finding nothing, he saw that the guy was right behind me.

"Is father... dead?" He speaks right in front of me.

"He died a year ago. I take care the place and farm that your father left, he said that he has no relative to give this land, but who are you?"

"No, father was right, he no longer have no relative, one day when we a were on a beach, there was a war occurred, we tried our best to escape, mother, grandpa, grandma, my big sister, my big brother, they were all being killed, father and me were the only one survived, we lived with my aunty, there we black rains like fire was pouring down, I saw a flame that was going straight to father, I did my best to push him away, but I didn't saved myself, the flame hit the back of my neck, I was crying in pain and my eyes turned dark, that was the last time I saw my father."

"So that rain really is the main problem since it was the real death deal from all of the villagers live here. The dragon and wyvern didn't saved you from that thing. I'm sorry, you can have his land if you wanted."

"No, no need, I'm dead after all, and father really gave the paper for this place, so all I can do was to do what I have to do."

"You may rest in peace if you wanted to."

"Resting in peace isn't something my father taught me and my likes, I all help you to my rest of my life."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Then way do I say it? Tell my the new routine for working now, and I'll start tomorrow."

Without hesitation, I tell him all the details the whole night, I fell asleep after teaching all the things and tricks, the other today, I saw Juliana was talking at him, the guy was named as Jeferson, he take so nicely even if I don't really know what they're talking because the frickin' window is closed. With his help, we can able to reach the coin I dreamed for, he was very useful and active at working a the same time.

I decided to go to the village ready to sell our products and hoping that we can make money eve faster, for a coincidence, I saw Lea on my way, he was patrolling the area,he waved at me as he gave a very joyful smile, I visited Keina's home, the first one that showed up was her little sister Laika, she was studying very hard so I gave him a berry pie as a reward, her parents was happy about me because of taking care of Medina when he was still there. I continued to sell when I found Jalga at his hut.

I goes in and said "Hello? Doctor?"

"Oh, Paolo, it's you ,please come in!"

"I have a question to ask. Where that guy come from?"

"To tell you this, it was really my fault, I was going to explore a grave when suddenly one of my reviving potion which is made out of curse spells where dropped in a tons of grave I fought all of the attacking corpses, but one escaped. And that one was him, but you're still alive means that he's a good one."

"But based on his appearance, action and memory, he didn't looked like he died almost years."

"It is because he didn't died naturally."

"What?!"

"He died from a curse by the flame since the rain, the curse was very powerful that even the curse didn't let the body decay or being infested by insects. He fell asleep, I tied the wound in the back of his neck, hoping that he can be back to normal, I hope."

"Okay, I'll just continue my work."

"See you again, come back if you need something."

I continued to sell, it ran out just in a short amount of time, I visited the old man's grave with his family, I put a flower and lit a candle in front of the tombstone and give a prayer.

I was worried that Jeferson will get in trouble, but I wasn't hoping for that to happen, I go to the school where Laika was going to, I see her studying and listening very well, that way,she has a cute appearance when he studied, unlike mine, I didn't even make it till grade 2 because of the damn thing, remembering those makes my memory about my parents getting killed. But I saw Laika looked at me, she wave her hand with a smile, that smile, I remembered the time I laughed after finding a friend when I was still a kid. That's why I used my life to save other lives than walking the same path as others.

I do it for the future, I do it for the better, I do it for the better, but I was hoping that I can go back to the world I call home and see grandpa and grandma again, I'm sure they're worried.

"I'm of it, would you like to?" The old man speak behind me, it was the same old man back at the wall.

"Can you?"

"But this is a secret for the two of us, can you?"

"I'll do everything, just I want to talk to my grandparents, please."

"Of course, if that what your heart wants, come with me."

The old man speaks very soft, I don't feel any tricks, we wall on a forest, he said "Are you ready?"

A light appeared, he said "Hurry now, I can't cast this magic very long."

We walk inside, we ended on a city roads, I remember all the roadsigns, the shops, I know the way home, I hurried my way to my home where grandma and grandpa live.

I arrived at the house, the door was closed and I shouted "Grandma? Grandpa?"

"Who could it be?" An old man's voice speaks inside the house.

"They are here? I'm so glad." An old woman opened the door and saw me, it was my grandma.

My grandma said "Paolo?! You gone bigger! Where's your parents?"

I wasn't able to talk because no one will believe in me when I say that my parents are killed by soldiers from the other world.

The old man who send me here said "I'm so sorry, but his parents died from a car accident, I found your grandchild, I raise him like my own grandchild until he remembered his way home, I wasn't able to save them, I hurried them near the house where I live and give them a forgiving prayer, hope that you understand."

The old man was trying to change the story of my parent's death, but it was a relief that they understand it.

My Grandparents accept the death of my parents but my grandma said "As long as my grandson is okay, we can still live peacefully."

I was crying and hugged my grandparents.

After a day, I lived with my grandparents and hoping that we can live in peace.

My grandma asked "So, Paolo, how's your living in such an unknown place?"

"It was great, I met a lot of friends and did a good thing."

"Is that so, what a hero my grandson, so did a you met someone you love there too?"

"Of course no-"

My heart suddenly beats fast like I lost something important, but what is it?

I keep remembering things, a leaf fell from my head, I looked at it, vines are hanging in the tree, I remember the wall and Juliana.

"No, it can't be!"

I came back to my real home, but I left people that I call was my parents.

"Grandma?"

"Yes?"

"I have to go back somewhere, somewhere that my love is, I will introduce her to you, can I?"

"A man worried about his love, bring back memories, so long but still in my heart, you can, we will wait for you."

"But how about you, who will rake care of you?"

"We may be old, but thinking about the age just makes you even older, don't mind it and just go."

[You're future is in the hand of you, you will decide your future and you will guide it till the end]

0