Chapters 16: Death is never a Choice
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Palmer quickly run to tell it to his brothers. 

Palmer arrived at the bakeshop and ask Palmer to follow him and ask Baldor too, they arrived at the castle with the guards trying to block them from going inside the barracks. 

"Sorry gentlemen but this place is restricted to enter, tell me your business and I'll do it for you."

"We must talk to Gregson, we have huge problem and we need to talk to him immediately!" 

"What class is he?"

"I don't know." 

"Sorry but I cannot send a message unless you tell me what class is he." 

"Ugh.... Oh! He's a Knight." 

"Knight Class is he?" 

"Yes." 

"Wait here for a moment."

The man walk towards a soldier and whispered.

"Yes sir."

The soldier immediately run and the one who asked said that we should wait for a few minutes. 

Gregson showed up along with the soldier, he's wearing an knight armor without his helmet. 

"Hey guys, why in a hurry, we still have a training to do."

"Mother left!"

"What?!"

"She was going to face their enemy pirates. We should help her before it's too late!"

They run as fast as they could leaving their works just for the sake of their mother, but it was too ate, time run so fast and her mother and his friends are already in the battle ground where her friend left.

"Ready yourselves everyone, this is our only hope to win this fight!" Pablo shouted as she lift her saber.

Alena's life of being is replaced back to be a pirate like she was before, but her skill was still as solid as iron, the ship was heading from one of the enemy ships, Alena's allies hopped to the enemy ship and attack, canons started to fire and some of the enemy ships are pointing at them.

"Dang it! How many captains have gathered here!"

"WE'RE OUT NUMBERED!"

"Keep fighting mates! We will win and we must! This is for the future!"

The fight was still on rage, smokes from gun powder are flying in the air making things hard to see, the dark times from the past war is even more darker in the present time.

"Keep fighting! Don't let anyone die-"

Alena was shot by an arrow pierced straight in the heart, she fell like a stone, the hole starts bleeding and the pain starts crawling all over her body.

"Alena!"

Pablo fight her way to Alena but her bleeding was just keep flowing, the heart beat stops, the body gets cold, the skin turns pale, she was dead right after Pablo reached her.

"I'm sorry Alena, maybe I shoud've left you there, you could've live a better life."

Pablo closed her eyes and continued fighting, the rage of her anger starts to flow over her body, the war rages for hours, ships are crashing to each other and some sinks, the drowning pirates became food of the sea creatures.

"Keep fighting! Don't give up!"

Cuts and scratches are seeing in Pablo's body, her body was aching but keeps fighting.

Some of the pirates left the battle and swim away and hoping to survive.

Some are being heard saying "I don't want to die!" making them even more vulnerable to be killed.

Some pirates are using magic and some are using flying mounts that making the battle even hard.

Many lives of both White Sea Dragon and Black Harbor Serpent, blood is spreading on the sea that attracted sharks. Few ships are still standing but Pablo's allies are outnumbered so much, they only have one ship where Pablo is and against 3 ships of their enemy.

"Well well well, it looks like the son of the Pablo's aren't that strong as it was before."

"Who cares, we're not going to give up until we kill you all!"

Pablo and her allies are still standing with their weapons.

"I'll give you a chance, join our crew and become the beast's food, or die in front of them."

Pablo charge him with her saber but gets killed after being hit by a hand-cannon in the neck, the allies attacked them but they're all killed.

"You should've just left."

Back at Gregson, Baldor and Palmer, they use the boat that their mother used in fishing back in the beach near the village that help them, they run for hours just to go from The Kingdom to the village beach. They sail all the way blindly tracing the ship, they found a floating barrels that may lead them somewhere. They saw a line of blood in the sea when they come closer on a thick fog near a rocky lands.

"What's that smell?"

"Dead body... don't tell me"

"Hurry!"

"But there might be pirates and shoot us down."

Gregson removed his armor and jumped out of the boat ignoring the risk of being shark attacked, with her fear down to his feat as he swim towards the sea smoke. The blood on the water hits him making a big chance to lure sharks beneath him. He heard splashes near him, he ride on a broken ship part floating on the water, he paddle his way where the splash is coming from.

Two man was heard talking.

"This alliance was so weak."

"But don't say that, I heard the fastest captains who was said that destroyed many of our captains get killed by only the three o them."

"Then we consider ourselves lucky."

"But I think they will never join, I heard that those captains have sons now."

"Well, we wipe most of them so that is not big deal now that we killed the head of the alliance."
Gregson saw a huge black ship, he hide on a nearby broken ship with a huge hole and use it as an entrance, dead bodies are floating, Gregson saw the Pablo and Gregson's dead body floating that makes Gregson turned cold, Alena's cold body was seen by Gregson's very eyes, he tried his best not to make a sound even if he wants to cry and vomit, he shed some tears.

The pirates keeps on talking to each other.

"What would happen if the one that they say the beast of light was awoken by itself?"

"Let's just hope it won't happen."

With Gregson's anger and sadness, his adrenaline crawl to his vitals and his heart pound fast, he grabbed Alena's dagger from its pocket and climb up the ship without making a sound or being noticed. His anger was in control making him stealthy, he used the smoke as an advantage to get close to them. He grabbed a nearby white cloth as a camouflage to hide in the smoke.

As the pirates drop the dead body on the water, Gregson saw a pirate scouting the ship, he quietly advance towards the pirate making no sounds on the wood floor, with the anger flowing to his veins, he covered its mouth and stab of its neck, he dropped the body along with pirates dropping the dead body on the water.

"Did you heard something?"

"The body must've fell from a wood bellow. Let's hurry, we don't have time, we might get left."
Gregson put the daggers in his hands in a stabbing style, Gregson put the dagger in the back of their neck with the force of his concentrated  anger patiently waiting for the right time to strike, he put the other dagger on top of their head, he heard another one running away, he throw one of the dagger and hit the running pirate. Gregson killed all four of the pirates on the broken ship.

"I'm sorry mother, I wasn't fast enough to save you."

He used a boat tied from the broken ship, he pulled the body of Pablo and Alena on the boat, he arrived to his brothers waiting for him.

"Look it Gregson!"

"What happened? Why are you covered in blood?"

"Is that?"

Gregson answered "Yes, mother and her friend."

"No!"

"We're too late to save her."

"I think she did this for our safety."

"What do you mean?"

"I heard that they are talking about three captains that didn't joined the fight."

"Are they referring to our parents?"

"Might be, mother already told us about or father and mother that died years ago."

"But they didn't know about it, this might be a big advantage for us."

Palmer said "But I don;t have experience on a fight."

"Then we'll use what we learned."

"But we're fighting against a ship filled with pirates, how will be defeat with only the three of us?"

"Let's talk about it after we bury mother and her friend."

For an unknown reason, Pablo spoke.

"T-he... Whi-te be-a-st... must be... tamed."

With the blood flowing from his neck, she tried to talk with them.

Gregson said "White beast?"

"Mus-t b-e ta-med, please, tame it... Near t-he lagoon o-f go-ld."

Pablo gave a gold piece with a white stone attached on it, Pablo's heart beat completely stopped, she tried his beast keeping herself alive in the middle of pain.

The three brought back the bodies of Alena and Pablo on the land and bury them.

"Death is never a choice, but she fight for the best, mother helped her because she know that it will be worst if they found out that our parents are already dead."

"But I was confused on how their enemies don't recognized mother."

"Then we're lucky too."

Hans said "And we'll end there for now."

I replied "What?! The good part!"

"Relax there's still tomorrow, and that's the last part of this story."

Juliana tapped my back when I was so desperate, I saw his face looks angry that makes me shiver.

Juliana said " It's night time already, aren't you going to sleep?"

"Of course."

I couldn't argue with her because I might get in trouble with her father if I do. I walking the room and go to bed, I blow the candle that makes the room dark, only the light of the moon brighten the room, I looked at the moon and think.

"How this world exist? I never wanted to live here, but my life has changed here, I may no longer live from the world I always know, and how theses creatures appear in a weird way. Mythical creatures all over the world exist in just one world, how could this happen?"

From what I believed, there's nothing I can prove that I am right.

[From those who lost their loved ones, there's still hope from rising and finding a way to climb the rope up with a tight grip of determination.]

0