25 – Journey to the north
354 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

25 - Journey to the north

 

Eve sat next to Reir, staring into the campfire she had made.

(Eve: "Glad I did not have to make this by hand... it would of been a huge pain attempting to make a camp fire without being able to summon flame to my hand")

Eve glanced at her hand calling forth a tiny flame, almost as though she had carried a lighter.

(Eve: "...I kind of acted on impulse... ill have to hurry and take this kid back to her family and hurry back. I hope Rory does not think I did not trust him...)

Eve was beginning to wonder if the need to never sleep is a blessing or a curse... Even when she closed her eyes she always found that she would just lay there... just with her eyes closed instead of open. This had never helped with her long boredom. Eve was now wishing she had brought along some string, cloth, and sewing needles.

Reir: "mm..."

Eve looked over as Reir began to stir awake and sat up beside her. 

Reir rubbed her eyes and blinked. She could hardly believe it when she noticed all the chains around her arms and legs were gone. Eve had thought the chains were magical at first. After all, are not all slave collars magically binding? But after having found nothing wrong with them while examining them with her aura, a feeling she had told her she could just remove them, in which she promptly tore through the chains with her claws. In the end, the chains were simply just thick iron.

Eve: "hehe Oh good! your awake!"

Reir suddenly notices the hooded figure sitting next to her and is startled into jumping away half a foot.

Reir: "Who! Wha..."

Eve removes her hood and smiles to Reir.

Eve: "Greetings! I am Eve."

Reir: "Where are we... whats going on?"

Eve: "I thought I would take you back to your home! We are currently a few miles north of Telvan, the city you were just in. We will be in Bismuth before you know it."

Reir looked around, Despite being a wolfkin, few in her tribe had better night vision than humans.

*Rrrrrr...* suddenly a rumble escapes from Reir's stomach and she blushes, which is quite a sight in the maid outfit she is wearing.

Eve: "Ah. looks like your hungry! don't worry, I already thought of this!"

Eve stands up and walks to the other side of the campfire and then brings close a dead giant sheep she had hunted earlier and was hanging from a tree to drain its blood.

Eve: "This should be good! I hope you like mutton!"

Reir could not help but be shocked as eve carried the sheep that was twice her size closer to the fire. Eve then proceeded to take out chunks of meat with her claws and stuck a stick through it before setting it over the fire.

Reir felt worried about Eve, but her hunger won out over her caution and she approached the roasting meat.

Reir: "It's fine... it does not need to be cooked much."

Reir pulled the ultra-rare meat and began to pick off chunks before putting them in her mouth to softly chew.

Reir had seen those giant sheep-like creatures before, but since they did not live in the north she had never tried any. Reir was not sure if it was just her freedom or if it was just because it was her first decent meal in a long time but the meat tasted better then any other creature she had ever eaten.

Eve: "Is it that good?"

Eve took a large chunk the size of her head and swallowed it whole. bulge traveling to her belly. Reir watched the whole thing stopped eating.

(Reir: "How did she just? what... that thing was bigger than her mouth...")

Eve's bloated belly quickly shrunk.

Eve: "Ahh! Delicious! I am glad i got a chance to try it! I know it's pretty late at night, and maybe hard to sleep after eating but we will be moving in the morning. you should get some sleep when you can! Do you know the way back to your home once we get back north?"

Reir: "N-not realy... no."

The campfire crackled in the silence.

Eve let out a sigh.

Eve: "I guess we will just have to ask someone later for directions."

Eve skilled back to Reir.

Eve: "Don't worry! I will help you get home real fast once the sun is up! I have my own ways. you will be back north in no time."

Reir: "...Thank you... I am Reir"

Eve: "I kn... er... Good to meet you Reir"

Reir blinked and gave a weary smile back to Eve.

Reir: "I suppose... I should get some sleep if we will be walking a lot tomorrow... Are you sure we won't be caught and punished?"

Eve stuck out her tongue.

Eve: "you don't need to worry about that! I am faster than any of our pursuers. We are already too far away for them to catch up!"

Reir: "Good night... Eve was it?"

Eve: "Yep! Have a good night princess!"

Reir: "?"

with that Reir laid back down to sleep on the fluffy sheepskin blanket.

 

Was going to have a guide with Harkin (since he is from the north)... but the slow way was taking to slow! now it will just be Reir and Eve getting lost! Lol

Would of been a good part with Harkin coming to terms with his hatred of wolfkin... but!

This is what I get for acting impulsively!

7