Chapter 1.
335 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is nothing, just void. But why I still have thoughts? Am I in a coma? Or just dreaming? I should be dead, right? No. I think, therefore I am. Is it my Hell then? Anyone would go mad with their senses deprived, but the mind remained. Though, was I sane in the first place?

After the unknown time passed, there was something new. A sense. That sense was different from anything I ever felt before.

Puddle. I'm a puddle of liquid. It seems to be a sense of touch. Except, I also can feel the things outside, far from me. Can sense the air, the objects.

I'm not sure how big I'm, but smaller than the things around me. I can feel, but I can't move. Not yet. I just try to adjust to those new sensations. What am I? A toddler inside someone's belly? No, wrong.

There is no sense of time. I just think and exist. My body is strange, it is a liquid that can't move. At least it is how it was until that moment. The movement. And also, the feeling.

The instinct that shouldn't exist tells me something. What is it? My body moves, but I can't control it. It approached some object. It is a few times larger than me. I enveloped part of that thing.

A bliss. This is the only way I can describe this feeling of absorbing someone inside of me. I absorb more. And more. And more. But my body is still as small as it was.

Is it a sense of taste? The taste of this thing reminds me of a chicken barbecue. The difference is, instead of feeling it with just your tongue, my whole body enjoys the food. Really amazing.

At the same time, something changes inside of me. Something develops. I somehow know it - I'm not complete, not yet.

After completing absorbing the first object, my sense of touch became stronger. Now I could feel surroundings much better. And the form of those things surrounding me. The thought of what it could be, makes my thoughts wander into a disturbing direction.

But nonetheless, I can't control my newfound body. I'm just a mind existing inside of something odd.

At last, after absorbing another three tasty objects, my new senses awakened. It wasn't like I expected, though.

What I could "see" shocked me. Firstly, because I can see everything 360 degrees around me, unlike limited human vision. Secondly, because there are more colors than I ever thought possible. The world I see is beyond just being vivid. It is as if I was colorblind in my past days. My visual world no longer created from only three primary colors. I'm not sure about the actual number, but there are at least another two.

Hearing isn't much different from my human days. I can hear the wind, but otherwise, the surroundings are silent. Creepily so. After all...

...everywhere around me are corpses. As I guessed and was afraid of - the things I eat were humans, all dead.

Should I feel disgusted now? Should I be regretful? Yes, but I can't. My emotions are no longer that of a human. Instead, when I see those bodies around me, I feel how appetizing they are.

Strange. It is way too weird. My memories that of a human, my thoughts as well. But why are my feelings are so sick, so immoral, so disturbing?

What exactly am I? The liquid that absorbs corpses... I try to control that body, even if just a little. With all my willpower, a small tentacle was created. Crimson tentacle.

Am I a living ball of viscous blood? It should be a nightmare, but my world is more bright than ever, I feel amazing, tasting the "food" with all your body at once is incomprehensibly pleasant...

My instinct tells me to eat more. But my mind, my morality, and my past beg me to stop this madness.

My struggle is witnessed by no one. No one, but dazzling night sky with countless stars and the Moon as Crimson as my body. Though is it really the same Moon from Earth? The form is similar, but instead of familiar "swirl" patterns, there are some triangles... It doesn't look like cheese, not at all.

I decided to struggle against the instincts of this lifeform I became. Instead, I try to examine my surroundings in more detail.

There are wooden buildings here and there. It seems to be a village. At the central square of it, there are about a hundred corpses. It is where I awakened.

There are kids, adults, elderly people, men, women... But more interestingly is the fact that not all of them are actual humans, only about half of them. The rest are strange; most of them have cat or dog ears and tails. And few corpses are similar to elves from fantasy.

I start to get ahold of this body, just a little bit. It isn't big - about the size of a basketball. But the corpses I absorbed completely disappeared - bones and clothed included. It seems I'm somehow dangerous, even if somehow small.

Those corpses are strange. There is no visible damage to them. But their dying expressions are that of agony. Something sinister killed them, very likely all at once, while leaving complete bodies. It doesn't matter to me. I'm getting the hell out of here.

I slowly move my body while making efforts to ignore this tasty stuff here and there. It seems that whatever the thing I become is carnivorous. But there should be no reason why it wouldn't eat animals instead of humans, right?

There is a forest surrounding that village, so I should be able to find some small beasts to eat. Assuming that my body is strong enough to take them out... Speaking of this, what is that uncomfortable feeling? As if someone is spying on me.

With my new sense of sight that could cover everything around, it should be very hard to secretly observe me. At least in theory, but on practice, I just can't concentrate my attention everywhere at all times. So now I do exactly this.

And so, my enemy was found. My first dangerous foe in this unfamiliar world. The animal with sharp claws, protruding fangs, and menacing eyes. The fluffy white monstrosity, rivaling me in size - the cat.

10