Lesson Six Chapter Forty-Eight – Duty-Bound (2)
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...Luke didn’t do anything wrong. I’m the one to blame here. I’m the one who hid him in my room, I’m the reason he disappeared. I’m the one who failed to calm Lucifer down, and ended up putting you in danger… All of that was my fault. When you stepped in to shield me from Lucifer, I was pretty shocked. I mean, why would you go to those lengths? You’re not a demon or an angel, and you’re not even someone with powerful magic. You’re just a regular human. So why...why did you try to protect Luke and me?” Beel was looking at me with questioning eyes and I couldn’t help but get lost in them for a second…. It's really hard to focus when looking at such an attractive man…

 

  “I didn’t think about it. It was my first reflex…” I really didn’t know why I protected them when I could have been killed by Lucifer… I just wanted to keep them safe from any harm…

 

  “I see. So that’s simply the sort of person you are, then.” Beel gave me a small smile for a second before it disappeared as he thought deeply for a few minutes.

 

  “As I watched you there sleeping, as I looked at your face, I couldn’t help wondering… if the situation had been reversed, would I have stepped in to defend you? I want to do something to make it up to you?to thank you for saving me. So, is there anything I can do?” Beel was looking at me with earnest eyes and I remember what Belphegor told me about making a pact with his brothers…

 

  “I want you to make a pact with me.” I felt a bit guilty about asking him this after I was hurt but I did agree to help out Belphegor getting out of the attic so he could make up with Lucifer and see Beel again.

 

  “So, you’ve made pacts with Mammon and Leviathan, and now you want to make one with me. Why are you so interested in making pacts with demons, huh? I want to know why you want to make a pact with me. Let’s hear it.” Beel looked at me seriously as he questioned me and I remember Belphegor telling me I couldn’t tell any of his brothers about him being locked up… I have to lie.

 

  “I want Lucifer to respect me…” I mean I kind of want him to respect since it would mean he wouldn’t try to kill me the next time he gets pissed off… Jesus, he is the oldest brother but he lost his cool so easily…

 

  “You want Lucifer to respect you? Why?” Beel didn’t want to let up with his questioning so I decided to tell a little bit of the truth in my lie.

 

  “So that he’ll let me help him make up with Belphegor….” I wanted to pat myself on the back for being so good with coming up with something on the spot. I should get an award for how good I am at lying… Wait, that isn’t a good thing to get an award for.

 

  “So, by making pacts with us, you’re hoping to impress Lucifer? So that he’ll understand that you’re actually someone worth listening to, despite the fact that you’re a human? You want to do what even Solomon hasn’t been able to accomplish?” Beel got quiet for a while as he stared at me with an unreadable look in his eyes and I felt my heart increasing as I got a bit nervous.

  “...All right. I feel the same way. I want Belphegor and Lucifer to make up, too. So I’ll do it. I’ll make a pact with you, Yuki.” Beel went and grabbed my hand and I felt the familiar feeling appear when I made a pact with Mammon and Levi. Another pattern showed up on my hand before it disappeared. I wonder if it will be fine if I keep getting a lot of pacts… It must be fine or else I would have felt something wrong with me rather quickly since I am just a normal human after all.

 

 As I was holding hands with Beel who just became another demon who made a pact with me, elsewhere, at roughly the same time, another conversation is taking place.


Lucifer Hidden Room…

 

  “I’m sorry, Diavolo. I was so blinded by rage that I lost control of myself. If I’d actually attacked Yuki, then the entire exchange program would’ve ended in disaster. I’m grateful you showed up to stop me. Thank you.” Lucifer was sitting across from Diavolo with two cups of tea between them. Lucifer gave Diavolo a polite smile as he gave his thanks.

 

  “...Well, it was an understandable reaction on your part. As demons, everything that we are rides on that grimoire. If it had been stolen, that would have been a disaster as well. You were trying to protect your brothers, weren’t you?” Diavolo gave an understanding smile to Lucifer as he took a sip of his drink in front of him.

 

  “Perhaps, but I nearly ended up losing one of them in the process…Beel.” Lucifer frowned as he looked down at his hands with a dark look in his eyes. 

 

  “I know how important your brothers are to you, Lucifer. How much you care. And if they can see that as well?if they understand it?then that’s a good thing. However…” Diavolo let out a sigh as he put down his drink and looked at Lucifer with a frown on his face.

 

  “You said something to Yuki back there. “Do you actually think I’m going to allow a lowly human that choice? That you can have whatever it is you want? No…” Your loyalty to me, your brothers’ freedom, their right to know what’s really going on… You place so much importance on all of these things. So I wonder, who is it that REALLY isn’t being given choices here? Who is it that’s suffering from a lack of options? ...What do you think, Lucifer?” Diavolo looked at Lucifer with a serious expression and Lucifer lowered their head as they looked at the drink in front of them.

 

  It grew quiet in the room after this…


I am done with this chapter! I don't really have a lot to say but I am probably going to play the new event pretty soon and probably finish it rather quickly. I still didn't get a new powerful card yet which is unfortunate for me but what can you do about luck? Anyway, I hope this chapter was enjoyable and that you are safe physically and mentally. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

0