Home Care: Himawari
1.2k 9 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You really can’t stay?” Kouji continued his futile attempts while he and Isako were waiting for Himawari to arrive.

“I’ve already told you, I can’t.” She was getting herself ready for the trip. With how long they’ve been waiting, it seemed that Himawari was going to be cutting it close. At this rate, she was going to have to leave Kouji on his own just so she could get some things at her home, and then catch the train.

From Kouji’s point-of-view, he was hoping that the girls were going to ditch out on their duties. However, he's been tutoring them a little too well. Himawari’s ride was seen pulling up to his apartment, with her coming out of it, as it stopped.

“Wonderful.” Isako commented. “Now, I should be back later tonight.” She told him, though he was pretty certain he didn’t need anyone babysitting him by the end of the day. Either he was going to feel much better, or these girls were about to end his life.

“Hello headmistress.” Isako answered the door for Himawari, who bowed in respect. She had with her, a bag that was filled with some medicine. That was the explanation for her relatively late arrival. It was here that they made the change of guard, as the headmistress left his house, with the young girl replacing her.

“Please behave.” She told them, not taking a moment to stop her pace.

“I’ll make sure he doesn’t do anything of ill intent.” Himawari said in her usual smug tone. The one that made him roll his eyes in response from how often she held herself above him, or the other girls. She waited for the woman to leave their view, once things seemed in the clear. She breathed a sigh of relief. “Are you okay?”

“I’m… Fine.” That switch she made was what Kouji had taken issue with this girl as of late. In public, which was essentially the only times he ever saw her. Himwari was rather cold towards him. However, in the very few instances, the number of times he could count on one hand, when they were alone. She was sweeter, just a little bit.

“Are you sure?” She made no effort to hold back, as she put a hand to his head. His fever took a tick up, so she decided that she made the right decision in getting medicine.

“Yes, I’m fine.” He forcibly took her hand away from him. The nerve of this girl, he swore. “Honestly, I’m surprised you care that much.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“What’s that supposed…” He mockingly copied her. It was kind of petty, but he felt like it was a good impression. “You know what I’m talking about, it’s not like I can just ignore that kiss.”

“Ah.” She moved back away from him. Her face sending out a soft blush on her cheeks. “That was just an apology gift… Really, it didn’t mean anything.” She nervously put her hands down on her laps. While she was glad that she was able to convince him to stay back then. She regretted just leaving her feelings out like that. Honestly, what was she thinking?

“Oh sure, that’s all it was.” He was peeved that she just acted like nothing happened between the two of them. Partially because he himself was unsure of how he felt about her. He had been really questioning the depth of their relationship, and her acting this way made things no better.

“Well, just take your medicine.” She tried to change the subject. Himawari took out a bottle, and grabbed a spoonful of it. Considering she’s not a doctor, nor was she aware of what actually was ailing him. Kouji had his concerns over just taking whatever she was trying to give him.

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea.” He turned his head away from her attempts to feed him. That annoyed her, which resulted in trying even harder.

“Come on, it’s for your own good.” She told him, not relenting at all. Himawari had this delusion that she knew best for his health. No protests from him was going to change her mind. “Now let me take care of you!”

“Sheesh, just slow down.” He scolded her, all this would succeed in doing, was cause a mess. “You clearly don’t care that much about me.”

“Of course I do.” She defended herself, but she had little to aid in her argument. “It’s just that… Well it’s not that I can just tell everyone.” That much he could tell on his own. Apparently telling him was also something she couldn't do, which was the problem he had.

“Look, I know that some of your friends don’t like me.” He replied. “But, it’s not like our study group will judge you that harshly. We’re all friends, aren’t we?” Himawari could think of one problem with their study group. That would be the fact that she knew she wasn’t alone in this… Competition for Kouji’s attention. It was clear to her from when she saw how some acted. If she made any moves, then she was worried that some of those girls might try and ruin her.

“You wouldn’t understand.” Was the only response she had to his question. It did little to make him feel any better about it.

‘Of course I wouldn’t.” He responded in a sarcastic manner. “And you won’t tell me because?” He asked her, as this wasn’t too dissimilar to what caused the two of them to fight back then. Kouji was aware that he wasn’t the most open person about his feelings either. Even right now, he didn’t know how he felt about Himawari, but he knew that if she wasn’t going to do anything about it. Well, then he couldn’t really make any proper moves towards her. There would be no way to find any resolution between the two of them.

She wasn’t sure how to answer him. It just felt like anything she said to him, only made things worse. On the inside, she had accepted the truth. She really liked this boy, but on the outside. Practically nobody knew that truth. Though there were some that had an idea of it.

“J-just take your medicine.” She tried once again to avoid the subject, but he wouldn’t budge. There was no way he'd take his medicine, if she wasn’t going to tell him the truth. Finally, she relented to him. “Just what do you want me to say?” She hung her head down in shame, having both lost this battle. As well as in anticipation for what he was going to make her do.

“I just want you to be honest with me.” He simply said to her. “I want to be honest too, but you don’t make it easy.” When he put it like that, it also seemed like an ultimatum. However, he knew that opportunities never came easy, and it wasn’t like she’d ever say anything like this in front of the other girls.

“If you take your medicine, I’ll say it.” She didn’t want to feel completely powerless in this situation. So, there had to be something that he’d let her do first. Kouji didn’t see any downsides to that agreement, so he accepted it.

Himawari held up a spoonful of medicine for him. Personally, he felt that he could just do it himself, but Kouji opened up his mouth anyway. Drinking up that bit of medicine left a very poor taste in his mouth. His face scrunched up, recoiling in disgust. He closed his eyes and turned his head down in response to it.

“Okay…” He finally spoke up, struggling to get past the aftertaste. “So…” He was about to ask her to tell him the truth, but she had already begun. However, it wasn’t just words that she was going to use to explain herself.

Mere inches away from his face, she had crawled herself up to him. Himawari had dominance over him, as she held herself just over his body. There was nothing he could do, with his back to the wall.

“The truth is…” She began to speak. The words came loud and clear to him. “I… Like you.” It wasn’t easy, but she was able to explain herself. “I like you, more than just a tutor, more than just a friend… I like you.” She kept repeating it, as if it needed to be repeated. The more she said it, the more red her face got from the mix of stress and embarrassment she was getting.

“Like me?” He uttered in disbelief. In a sense, he already knew it. Still, it was nice to hear it coming from her mouth.

“Sheesh, are you deaf?” She complained, but made no attempt to increase the distance between them. If anything, she closed it. “I do, I can’t explain why, but I really lo… Love you.” That certainly was a step further than he was expecting.

“I…” He was speechless. He had never been confessed to before. Certainly having it done at his own home, with said girl practically lying atop him didn’t aid in giving him an idea of how to respond. Certainly Himawari wasn’t a girl he disliked. If anything, perhaps he might possibly return those feelings.

“…” She didn’t say anything more, her body could hardly take it. Her heart was racing, something that even he could feel, given how close they were. Slowly, she leaned closer to him, about to kiss him for the second time.

Knock, knock. Unfortunately, this little moment was interrupted with a visitor at the door. It was time for Yuma to come in to take care of her part of the schedule. It seemed that she came just a little earlier than expected.

“I’ll get it.” Himawari got up from him, clearly flustered from doing something like that. For a moment, she tried to calm herself so as not to tip the other girl off.

“Right…” He responded, disappointed. She noticed it, which prompted her next action.

“Hey.” She said, getting him to turn his head towards her for a moment. That’s when she swooped in and laid a quick kiss on him. “And that’s the truth.” Then, she went to the door and answered it, letting Yuma in.

35