Moving On
874 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day had finally arrived. After spending a month handling the finer details, Kouji’s uncle had found them a new place to live together at. The man had found a good place to work at nearby, and it was also in a good location for the boy to continue his studies at Tenfumi academy. So there was only one major thing left to take care of.

That being to move his stuff from the old place to the new one. As well as giving the keys to the new tenet, it was impressive how fast that spot got filled when he informed the landlord of him moving out. This area turned out to either be more popular than he was expecting, or that was just good timing.

Right now, there was just one person that Kouji was waiting on, but he was just about to arrive at his front door.

“Finally.” He greeted Moku, whom he invited to help him carry some of the stuff out while they waited for the moving truck. “What took you so long?”

“Sorry, I was just finishing up some homework when you called.” Moku answered. “So, when are the girls going to be here?”

“Girls?” He looked at him like he was talking crazy. Kouji had already begun to walk a few things down the stairs as they talked. “Why would I invite the girls over? We’re just moving some stuff.”

“What? You really just asked me to help out?” Moku complained. “Come on, you can’t honestly not want to take advantage of this situation.” He thought that seeing them having to lift up heavy things. Surely they’d choose to wear, just a little bit less clothing just not to overheat.

“They’re a bunch of rich girls.” He responded. “I doubt any of them would come over to lug some stuff around. If anything, they’d probably just tell me to hire a bunch of movers to help out.”

“That wouldn’t be so bad either.” Moku wasn’t fond of the idea of just the two of them doing so much physical labor. Sure, it wasn’t like Kouji owned all that much stuff, but his tv was ancient. Everyone knows how much those things weigh. “Please, could you just invite everyone over at least? I mean, this will be the last time any of us will step foot in here.”

He did make a point about this place having a bit of nostalgia for him. After all, this was where Kouji made the decision to join the school in the first place.

“Fine…” He relented, and was about to go text the first girl until a certain someone made her presence known.

“Oh my.” It was Anastasia, who was dressed as if she was expecting to see someone, despite acting like that wasn’t the case. “I forgot that you were moving today. It is so funny because I was just going on a walk.” Her laugh was so fake, that it almost made Moku laugh along with her.

“Funny indeed.” Kouji replied. “I was just about to go call everyone to ask for help, so I guess you saved me a bit of time.

***

And so, he went and gave everyone a message to invite them. They didn’t have to wait long for everyone to make their arrival.

Moku certainly wasn’t wrong about his thoughts of the girls wearing more revealing clothing. Despite the fact that it was no longer Summer, they were all aware that some heavy lifting was going to have to be done. A lot of short shorts, that really gave a guy something to look at.

“I cannot believe you considered not inviting us.” Himawari was already whining at him for that little slight. “To think that you would consider us so weak.” Of course, she was using her harsh words as cover for the real reason she was upset. That being that he actually didn’t seem to want to hang out this time.

“I don’t know how your noodle arms could carry anything.” Teru retorted. “Maybe he shouldn’t have asked you to come over. Probably just gonna slow us all down.”

“While the two of you are arguing.” Waa was fine with all this back and forth, but they were brought over to do one thing specifically. “I guess the rest of us will carry all his stuff outside.”

“We’ll be right there.” It appeared that things had turned into a little bit of a contest of strength between all of them. Even if that wasn’t really what he was looking for in a girl, that didn’t stop Teru or Himawari from trying their best.

“Don’t hurt yourselves, okay?” He warned them as they were going beyond their means to get his stuff down. Despite that, the real challenge for everyone was his television.

“You… Know…” Himawari struggled to get the words out, as both her and Teru struggled to pick the thing up together. “You… Should trash… This piece of junk!” As hard as they tried. The two of them were only able to get it off the ground at best an inch.

“How did you… Get this thing up here?” Teru asked, very much out of breath from all their work.

“The landlord was kind enough to lend me one of those things with wheels to hold heavy stuff.” He was referring to a hand truck. Which even with that leveraging the weight of the tv, it wasn’t easy to get it up the stairs. It took a lot of effort from both Kouji and his landlord to lug it up stairs and get it set up.

“Then let’s just shove this down the steps.” Waa commented. “No point in keeping the thing.”

“But I really like it.” He really didn’t want to let waste his favorite form of entertainment that he fished from the dump. “Please, can’t we just carry it down together?” While they were discussing their plans for handling this problem, Yuma had returned from putting down her share of the items outside. Not caring what they were talking about, she moved towards the tv without being asked. As this was the last thing that needed to be taken out.

Effortlessly, she picked it up all by herself. Which was insane considering how hard it was for two of the girls working together. “So this is the last of it?” She asked, which was when everyone finally noticed what she had accomplished with no help.

“What the?!” Kouji was awestruck by Yuma here. That thing had to weight almost 200 pounds. Well, if there really was a contest of strength, it was clear who came out on top here. “I guess that takes care of that.”

“Woo…” Both Teru and Himawari gave their enthused celebration. Now wallowing in their apparent failure to impress him.

“Cool, let’s go wait outside until my uncle gets here.” He was expecting the truck to be here by the time all the things were carried out. Of course, thanks to the help of all the girls. Everything was taken care of well before that was to happen. So all there was to do was wait.

“So Kouji.” Anastasia was the first one to ask him something. “What will you do when we are done with the move?”

“Go to bed.” He answered simply. They were only halfway done with the load and he was already feeling rather exhausted.

“Come on.” Moku prodded him and put an arm around his shoulder. “When this is all done, we should all go out for something to eat. Or maybe we could play some games or something.”

“You guys can do that, but I’d rather just get used to my new home.” He pushed off the hand that was resting on his shoulder.

“Ooh, what about a housewarming get together?” Anastasia came up with an idea that hopefully everyone could be satisfied with. Pretty much everyone but him was fine with that idea, but it didn’t look like he was going to get much say on that matter.

“That sounds cool and all.” Waa commented. “But I’m more for gaming, so I guess I’ll go grab my console and hook it up.” She turned to go for home and return later. “You should all try them out some time, I bet you’ll like it more than you thought.” She spoke to them while running across the street to head home.

One would think that someone like herself, who considered herself an otaku. That she would be aware of the common trope of getting run over by a certain type of… Truck.

A horn rang out, catching her attention. As she turned her head, she realized her blunder...

27