Vol.2 Ch.36
1.6k 21 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 36 

“From this day and onward, I hereby reinstate the Crown Princess Candidates,” King Grail declares without any further preamble in his usual booming voice with a face riddled with stern lines.  

He stands alone in front of his throne with his golden crown shining like a beacon atop of his head. He looks regal and untouchable and stands tall in the face of the deafening silence after his announcement. He looks down upon his subjects, taking in their reaction with expressionless eyes.  

Below, mingled in the crowd of the elites, his children look upon their father with equal shock. He had not given them prior warning. They are just as taken aback as those around them.  

I suppose this is as good of an entrance as it will get, Livia, thinks as she and her mother steps elegantly into the grand ballroom of White Castle.  

The footman standing beside the large imposing doors has to drags his eyes away from his king before he hurriedly looks down at his long winding scroll and clears his throat.  

“Lady Lynette and Lady Livia, Duchess and heiress of Valentine,” The footman's voice comes off almost as boisterous as his kings in the heavy silence, and it’s the jolt that pushes everything back into motion.  

Head's swivel, bodies turn, and suddenly every pair of eyes in the room were on Livia and her mother.  

Lynette practically becomes radiant under the attention, blooming into something that was almost genuinely beautiful as she pats gently at her daughter's hand looped into her arm.  

Her mother wore a black and green dress that glinted metallic in the bright candlelight. It clings tightly to her mother's hourglass figure and was shoulder-less. Her mother's make-up and hair were arranged artfully, but bold in the bright red of her lips, the thick mascara, and green eyeshadow. 

Standing next to the duchess, Livia looked like a lustrous light to her mother’s dawning shadow.  

As she was pregnant, Livia had very limited choices, especially at short notice. Even still, her mother had managed to find a white-silvery long-sleeve gown from the very back of her personal closet and proceeded to stuff her daughter into it.  

The waistline was an empire one and was snug around Livia but bearable and the sheer, embroidered sleeves hid most of her scars from curious eyes and were loose around her neck. The fabric of the dress was a bit stiff and smelled faintly musty, but was beautifully crafted and draped over her pregnant stomach enough to hide it and emphasize it at the same time.  

Livia’s hair had been gathered up, styled, and left loose so it fell in almost sweet wispy waves around her face, while her makeup remained light, a dash of pink on her lips and cheeks, no eyeshadow, and only a bit of mascara on her dark purple eyelashes.  

Before they had left, Livia had taken one look in the mirror and realized instantly what her mother had hoped to accomplish. With the light, angelic colors, and her loose hair to draw attention to her round, young face, Livia looks like some chaste, demure girl who endured tragedy but still somehow managed to have her innocence intact even with her pregnant belly on show. A girl who should not be scorned and ridiculed for being greedy, but pitied and sympathized with.  

And now, with her mother guiding her forward like some protective, but beautiful guardian, they both made a site.  

Livia keeps her head raise, her back straight, and her steps light, but inside, she was silently cursing. She had thought the dress and make-up were perfect for her plans until she had caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and did a double-take, but by then, it was too late to change. They had already been dramatically late.  

So, Livia can only let herself be guided down the stairs under the heavy gazes of nobles and aristocrats. Directly across from them, was King Grail, risen above his subjects, and waiting for them to process his announcement. Livia meets his eyes and lets a small, cruel smile curl the corner of her lips for only a second before she smooth's her face out again. She was happy to see the Stone King go pale even from a distance, and suddenly, all her minor troubles fall away.  

Who cared if her mother was still working her own schemes? 

Who cared if she looked like some pitiful and weak thing? 

In the end, Livia knew who really held all the strings, and if the need came to be, she was more than willing to tug and yank on them until the outcome she desired was brought to light.  

So, she put on a brave face and does not make eye contact with anyone once they reached the bottom of the stairs. Her mother seems eager to be surrounded for the second time that day, and they quickly were.  

For just a moment, the king's startling announcement is forgotten in the wake of immediate curiosity.  

But then Duke Valentine pushes through the crowd. A single look from her father is all it takes for them to be given space.  

And then King Grail continues.  

 


 

“Three ladies have already been chosen by me personally,” The King says, and he pauses until all eyes are back on him. 

“It is a great honor but a heavy responsibility. After previous events, I understand that not all are willing to take on this heavy mantle, therefore I will graciously allow for my offer to be rejected if the lady or her guardians do not wish to accept my proposal,” King Grail says in a deep, sagely voice.  

Murmurs and whispers instantly break out at this.  

“What is going on?” A servant asks, baffled.  

“Why is this happening all of a sudden?” Another servant asks back, just as confused.  

“Isn’t this just like a certain empire?” An old earl asks, with a sagging frown.  

“Hush, dear! His highness has simply heard his subjects' words and is heeding to them. Can’t you see?” The earl's wife says, fanning her face.  

“I wonder who has been chosen?” A curious heiress asks her silent twin brother, standing on her toes to see the king better. 

“Does that mean the heiress Valentine is no longer engaged to our prince?” A young miss asks her mother.  

“Of course! Did you see her? She is a beautiful lady, but young, pregnant. She does not need to be put in such a position after everything she had gone through,” The mother replies, glancing over to Livia.  

“But she still showed up here, did she not? Have the no shame?” The young miss says with a huff.  

“Who would dare reject being a candidate?” A thin widowed woman asks with a scoff.  

“Someone who knows they are not fit to be,” A countess replies starchily 

“How could the king decide the candidates all on his own? The council should have had a say!” Duke Howard hisses.  

“But he had listened. And in a way, we still do have a say,” Marquess Milnrow replies back calmly, before taking a sip of his champagne 

“Correct. Three candidates. Surely, if his highness has seen the error of his ways, then he had chosen wisely,” Duke Baston says, and cuts unkind eyes to the Valentines.  

 


 

Meanwhile, Livia raises an eyebrow at her mother’s slack face. It seems Lynette had just registered all the words the king has said. Her mouth had fallen open for a few seconds two long before she closes it and looks up at her husband in a panic.  

“Dear-” She starts to say.  

“Not here,” Duke Valentines cuts her off coldly, not looking her way.  

Orin and Rodale, in the shadows and at the edges of the ball, stand in complete silence. Neither one knows what to say, or if words should be spoken at all. But one thing is for certain, for the second time, their father has made a life-changing decision without informing his family a word of it.  

Amelia wasn’t sure how to take the news. Did this mean Rodale was no longer engaged to Livia? Did this mean she now had a chance? But what hope could she have that she would be one of the candidates? Especially after everything? She keeps close to the wall and beside her father as she ducks her head and wrings her hand.  

She wanted to return to the academy. To just go back until everything was normal and fine. Back when Rodale would still talk to her, when Orin would smile so easily. Now, everything was so complicated.  

When did it all go wrong?  

Amelia couldn’t place the feeling or really understand it, but somehow, she knew that something wasn’t right.  

That things have changed, only she couldn’t even begin to know if it was for the better or worse.  

She lets out a little sigh and glances up. That when she catches sight of purple in between the bodies of elegantly dresses patrons. Without thinking, she walks forward. 

Kolton leans against an open balcony door, swirling a glass with a dark liquid inside, and takes the news in stride. After the trial, nothing surprises him anymore. So, while he stands and waits for the other shoe to fall, his eyes search the crowd.  

He finds Livia almost instantly. His distinctive eyes appraise her for a moment. For once, she wasn’t dressed in dark, gloomy colors. Her dress and make-up today only highlighted all her best features. From her pale skin, her sharp eyes fanned by thick eyelashes, her upturned nose, and pink, full lips, Kolton is surprised to find visage almost daringly pretty. 

He never thought...It had never registered until now 

Livia was a very beautiful girl.  

Especially tonight. There seems to be almost an ethereal glow from within her. 

Almost as if she heard his thoughts, Livia's head turns in their eyes meet dead on.  

Kolton takes a long pull of his drink, his throat suddenly parched, and looks away on instinct. Then he realizes what he has done, and turns to stare, but Livia’s attention has been stolen away by a small figure approaching her.  

Kolton frowns, moves to get a better look, but a glimpse of glossy pink hair is all he needs to see before he pushes off the doorway and enters the crowd.  

“Lady Livia,” Amelia calls out to her tentatively 

Livia blinks slowly, wondering.  

You,” Lynette hisses and grabs Livia to pull her daughter behind her so she stands in front of Amelia. Livia goes docilely, curious to see where this was going.  

“Well,” Lynette clicks her tongue, “If it isn’t the little girl who accused my daughter of murder.” 

Amelia's eyes round in shock and she takes a couple of steps back, surprised by the outright hostility.  

“And how dare you address my daughter without acknowledging me or her father first. Have you no manners, girl?” Lynette wonders aloud, stepping forward.  

“I-I’m sorry. I d-didn-” Amelia tries.  

“Duke Valentine and Duchess Valentine, greetings,” Kolton says the moment he steps up.  

Duke Valentine bows his head, completely unfazed by his wife, or more accurately, ignoring her, “Prince Kolton. Good evening.” 

Amelia spins around, looking at Prince Kolton in open relief, “Ko-” 

“I see the rumors are true. The gall this little girl has,” Lynette says, turning to Livia and shaking her head in disgust. Her eyes move to Kolton, and she puts on a bright smile, “Greetings, your highness.” 

“She had only recently become the daughter of a baron, mummy,” Livia comments neutrally.  

“A year and some months ago, correct? Surely the girl had learned something between now and then,” Her mother says, sounding completely unimpressed.  

Amelia suddenly ducks into an awkward curtsy, “Yes, I apologize for my poor manners, Duke Valentine, Duchess Valentine. I am still new to all of this.” 

Lynette does not turn back to Amelia, looking up to King Grail, “I believe his highness is announcing the candidates now. Hush girl. I wish to hear this without your interruptions.” 

Amelia straightens up, her eyes a little red around the edges as she bites her lips, “Um.” 

Kolton places his hand on her shoulder, “Let’s listen to what father has to say.” 

Amelia gives him a grateful smile, “Right. Yes.” 

 


 

King Grail approaches the rail of his balcony with three presents and three flowers floating beside him.  

The grand ballroom of Wisteria falls silent.  

“I will now announce the Crown Princess Candidates,” King Grails says before he floats the first box wrapped in red paper and a banquet of roses before him. 

“The first candidate will be Lady Vivian Alice Baston,” He calls out and the gifts and flowers float down and hover before a young woman in a breathtaking yellow ball gown, with red curls of hair and melted gold eyes.  

All heads turn, an empty space forms around her, putting her on the spot.  

“Lady Vivian? That Vivian? Oh my!” A countess murmurs 

“Well, it is fitting is it not? She had been the fiancé of-” 

Ssh! Do not speak of that here!” 

Duke Baston was quick to appear by his daughter's side, a thin smile on his face as he presses a large hand to her shoulder.  

From beside a table, Marquess Milnrow and Duke Howard share a silent look.  

“Duke Baston, Heiress Vivian, do you accept my proposal?” King Grail asks, his eyes nothing more than flinted blue.  

“Of course, your highness. It will be an honor,” Duke Baston replies, and bows low.  

“...Heiress Vivian...?” 

Lady Vivian startles when her father's grip tightens on her shoulder, coming out of her shock. She glances around subtly before quickly curtsying low, “Yes, your highness. I will take on the new status of Crown Princess Candidate.” 

A snort in the crowd and then, “It’s not like this will be the first time. Maybe the second time will be better?”  

Vivian doesn’t react and simply straightens up and takes the gifts with a small smile.  

 


 

“The second Crown Princess Candidate will be Miss Amelia Margarete Reeve,” King Grail announces and the second box was a bubbly pink to match the banquet of pink roses floats down in a crowd swelling with disorder.  

“What!?” The thin widow snaps.  

“Who...?” A servant asks, squinting to see where the flowers lead.  

“Oh my gosh! It’s Miss Amelia!” The heiress squeals and turns to her twin brother, only to stop short of the look on his face, “Leighton, what’s wrong?” 

“It’s nothing, Leia.” 

“Reeve? Isn’t she the daughter of a baron!?” A countess wanted to know.  

“I believe so, my lady.”  

“Preposterous! This must be some kind of joke,” Earl Westwood exclaims.  

“I do not think it is,” Marquess Milnrow comments idly, searching for his children.  

“I should have known. Especially when it started out so well,” Duke Howards says with a stern shake of his head.  

Amelia stands stock still, watching with disbelieving eyes as the gift and roses float before her. As the crowd shifts, she makes direct eye contact with Rodale. Amelia doesn’t believe she has ever seen the crown prince so caught off guard, the sight is enough to bring a shy, tentative smile to her face, and she is delighted when Rodale returns it.  

“What utter nonsense,” A voice hisses behind her before Amelia's heels sharp heels clicking and she is whirled around to see the fuming face of Duchess Valentine.  

“What did you do, you stupid girl? Who did you bribe?” Lynette snarls.  

Amelia stumbles back, clutching her arm, “N-no. I didn’t! I would never!” 

Duke Valentine is quick to pull his wife back at the same time Kolton pulls Amelia to him.  

Before any more words can be exchanged, Livia steps between the group of four and turn her back to her parents.  

Amelia tenses, waiting for the usual rebuttal.  

But it doesn’t come.  

Livia smiles, faint and small, but almost painfully genuine (At least, from the outside perspective).  

“Congratulations Miss Amelia,” She says loftily, “Not just anyone can be considered to be the crown princess candidate. It’s an honor you should wear with great pride.” 

Of course, the only reason you were even considered was that I wanted it to be, Livia thinks. She had sent a little note to King Grail right after Sen had left with a small list of demands.  

Amelia blinks at her in surprise, her mouth falling open slightly before she shakes herself like a wet dog and steps forward eagerly.  

Thank you,” She says, and Livia can tell she means it. How easily duped this girl was.  

“It means a lot to me that you would say that, Lady Livia. I know a lot has happened these past few days, and we were never friends, but I just wanted to say I am sorry for the part I played in your exile. I should have never jumped to those sorts of conclusions without proper evidence. I now know just how horrible it has been for you since you have been exiled, and for I am so sorry. I hope you can forgive me,” Amelia says with wide, earnest eyes that dart down to her pregnant belly and back up again. 

Look at her, being the bigger, saintly person on a whim.  

Livia nods sagely and says, “Your right. You should not have.” And leaves it at that.  

When Amelia just stands in front of her waiting, Livia quirks a single eyebrow.  

“Um...” 

“Yes?” Livia prompts.  

“You're not going to...” Amelia trails off, looking a bit embarrassed and unsure. She glances over at Kolton, who instantly steps forward.  

“I think what Miss Amelia is waiting for is an apology,” He says, resting a gentle hand on the said girl's shoulder.  

Livia makes a show of glancing around herself, looking confused, “From who?” 

Kolton scowls instantly while Amelia just blinks, looking equally confused.  

There a moody little huff, and then, “Goodness, this girl. Hello, child? How long are you expecting his highness to wait on your answer?” Lynette asks, stepping close with crossed arms under her chest.  

Amelia jumps and lets out a little squeak before she instantly spins around and falls into another awkward curtsy.  

“I’m so sorry, your highness! Please, my answer is yes! I accept your proposal with the utmost respect!” She says in a voice that cracks slightly. Amelia blindly grabs for the presents once she straightens, and blushes heavily.  

As she does, her father, Baron Reeve, stumbles out of the crowd and stands by her side with a face riddled with embarrassment. 

“As my daughter has said, we accept. Thank you for considering us humble folk, your majesty. It truly is the greatest honor,” Baron Reeve says.  

The crowd around them murmurs darkly but doesn’t openly oppose their king besides that.  

Amelia was stunned when she realizes she had been chosen as Crown Princess Candidate. To think she would ever be considered. She was so shocked, it took her a while to accept the gift, and when she did, she was buzzing with so much excitement she made a clumsy effort of it.  

Embarrassed, what should Amelia do now? 

  1. Runaway. 
  2. Shuffle into the crowd and find Kolton. 
  3. Stay. You might as well get used to the attention.  
  4. Hide behind Orin. 

Options B and D were completely greyed out now. Orin had slinked away the moment Amelia had been announced while Kolton was standing right beside her.  

Livia tilts her head, watching avidly.  

What will the heroine do? 

Amelia looks around frantically, face as red as a tomato, before she seems to her overwhelmed, and squeezes her eyes shut before running away into the crowd.  

“Amelia, don-!” Baron Reeve calls out to his daughter, before bowing repeatedly to no one and apologizing as he moves back and turns to follow his daughter 

Livia looks over to the edges of the grand ballroom. Rodale was gone as well. She shakes her head, easily picturing what happens next. The forest, the two moons shining overhead. Amelia trips, and is caught before she hits the ground. Surprise, surprise, Rodale saves her.

She turns away and heads back to her parents.

 


“So, that’s Lady Livia?” 

Princess Adanna Ophelia Silvan looks the girl up and down, “I see nothing overly special about her. Besides the fact that she is pregnant. Honestly, the way Kolton was going on about her, I thought she would be more interesting, but she seems the same snotty girl I remember her to be.”  

Adanna proceeds to shove her nose in the air and flips a long lock of blond hair over her shoulder, “I don’t know what father was thinking when he re-engaged her to Rodale, but by now, he has seen the light of his own mistake.” 

“Has he?” Princess Chimaya Adana Elsewoods asks.  

Startling blue eyes cut to the pink-haired girl running out of the ball, “Well, for the most part.” 

“I guess that means you support me,” Lady Vivian states boldly from behind them. 

Adanna instantly gets to her feet with a smile and pulls the other young woman to her, “Of course! Do you even have to ask? Honestly, father should have stopped after he called your name.” 

Vivian preens, “Well, I won’t say anything about that.” 

Chamaya watches them with a bored expression, “Do you even like Prince Rodale?”  

Vivian sets her gifts down before taking a seat at the private table overlooking the ball. Her expression flickers at the question. Before she can answer, Adanna butts in.  

“What does love have to do with a perfectly logical joining? From the get-go, Vivian should have been considered the fiancé of the crown prince not that spoiled brat, Livia.” 

Chamaya snorts, “Tell us how you really feel about her,” She says sarcastically.  

Adanna waves her off, “It doesn’t matter. Livia is now obsolete. Anyone who is worth their salt knows Vivian is the one to support.” 

Chamaya just shrugs, “If you say so, princess.” 

 


 

“So, that is Lady Livia?” 

A head turns, mildly surprised, “You actually came?” 

“You did say something interesting was happening, Kolton.” 

Kolton snorts and returns back to his drink as he rests his elbows outside on the balcony rail, “Right. I did.”  

A silence falls between them.  

And then.  

“What do you think?” 

A hum, “About what?” 

Kolton gives the other a flat look, “About her.” 

“Ah. You mean Miss Amelia.” 

Another look.  

The other laughs, and pats Kolton playfully on the back, “Right. Apologies. How could I know that for once you are talking about your darling, Amelia?”  

Kolton ignores this, “Well?” 

“Hmm,” The other turns around the rests his back against the railing, staring back at the party as King Grail announces the final Crown Princess Candidate. 

“I think...she is hiding something.” 

Kolton nods, face serious for once, “Yeah. I do too.” 

Another hum, “But does it even matter? It seems Livia is not at all interested in becoming the next queen of Wisteria. It was obvious how disinterested she was at the news of the other two candidates.” 

“Maybe because she has a trump card up her sleeve,” Kolton says darkly.  

The other is quiet for a moment.  

“She was exiled and came back pregnant with a bastard, all for the sake of clearing her name and the misunderstanding that set her own a path she could have never seen coming. All of this is true, correct?” 

Kolton glances at his companion, “Yeah,” he says.  

“And you don’t fault her for this?” 

Kolton looks back out the royal gardens below, “No. My brothers did something truly horrific. And for what? A simple mistake? No. It can’t be that simple.” 

The other hums in agreement, “There seems to be a lot more to the story.” 

“I agree.” 

“But what does any of this have to do with Amelia? 

Kolton pauses, “What?” 

“Or your future goals? If anything, Lady Livia’s return works to your benefit. Honestly, is there really any point in diving further into this?” 

Kolton scowls and straightens up, “You saw how she reacted when Amelia apologized. She’s still a bitch.” 

His companion looks down on him, looking unimpressed, “So, the girl who had her whole life screwed over a simple mistake is still feeling bitter over it. Is that really anything to be surprised about?” 

Kolton deflates frowning, “I-I guess not.” 

The other smiles and ruffles Kolton's head, “Right, well, I think it’s something to keep an eye on, but otherwise, I would keep your distance from Lady Livia.” 

Kolton smacks the hands away from his hair, futile trying to straighten it back with a scowl. Then he realizes what the other had said.  

“What? Stay away? Why?” Kolton did not like Livia. She was as rude and catty as he remembered her to be, but even so. Even so...to be told outright not to approach her though. It was annoying.  

His companion shrugs lightly, “Why not? You don’t have anything to gain by delving further into the matter. Your focus should solely be on Miss Amelia.” 

“...right, whatever.” 

The other ruffles Kolton's hair despite the dark glare the young man aims at him, before smiling.  

“Well, while this has been an interesting evening, I better head back.” 

Kolton waves casually, “Yeah, yeah. See you.”  

There is a sound behind him, and when he turns, Amelia is coming up from the steps to the garden, looking around curiously.  

“Kolton? Who were you talking to?” 

Kolton puts on his boyish smirk, “No one. You alright? You sprinted away like a wild Miangoon.”  

Amelia blushes, “Sorry. I just-It was a lot.” 

Kolton smiles and walks towards her

 


 

“The third and finale Crown Princess Candidate will be Lady Livia Katrina Valentine,” King Grail announces when Kolton, Amelia and Rodale are missing from the party.  

Orin stops dead in the shadows, stepping out to get a better view of his father.  

Adanna's mouth falls open, a delicate sweet still unchewed and visible inside it.  

Vivian freezes with her glass halfway to her mouth, looking at nothing, while Chamaya turns in her seat to look down at the grand ball below, a slow smile spreading on her face.  

Similar to the announcement of Amelia, the crowd below was not pleased, though the reactions were more comical than outright hostile.  

Many had assumed the Crown Princess Candidates was King Grail’s way of amending re-engaging Livia to the crown prince, but it seems that was not the case. If anything, he was only allowing more options to be brought forward.  

Or so everyone else assumed.  

Livia blinks owlishly as the purple gift floats before her, along with a banquet of daises, with deep purple tips. She wraps her hand around the box and plucks the flowers out of the air, gathering them to her chest she blinks slowly again.  

Then she looks up at King Grail as her mother and father barrack her on both sides and curtsies.  

“Thank you, your highness. But-” Livia waits.  

“But my daughter is all too eager to accept your proposal,” Lynette quickly cuts in, curtsying along with her daughter. 

Duke Valentine also states, “My daughter will take on the new status as Crown Princess Candidate.” 

King Grail ignores her parents and looks at Livia with flat eyes.  

“Does Livia Katrina Valentine agree?” 

Livia straightens up, a frown on her face as she shakes her head, “No-” 

Lynette steps in front of her, “Of course you do, dear. What silly thing are you trying to say?” 

Livia steps away, “I do not, though. I never wished for this,” She says, loud enough for those close to them to hear, but low enough for those who weren’t to.  

“It does not matter what you wish,” Duke Valentine hisses without moving his mouth, “You will agree. This is not up for debate.” 

Livia physically pulls back from her parents, her frown quickly sinking into a scowl, “No. I will not.”  

Lynette is quick to close the distance between them, pulling her close into a forceful hug to muffle her words.  

“I know dear, it’s a lot to take in,” Lynette says loudly. 

Livia turns her face away from her mother’s embrace but remains inside of it. 

“I will not agree.” 

Duke Valentine looms over his daughter, “You will.” 

Livia sets her saw, her eyes become hard, “No.” 

Lynette pulls back, her face, her mask, cracking, “My darling girl,” she starts.  

Livia yanks herself out of her parent's hold and drops the gifts on the floor.  

The elite around her actually gasps at her actions.  

Livia rolls her eyes, and then says, “Your highness, thanks for offering up this-” 

“LIVIA!”  

She is yanked around by her mother, “What do you want? Mummy will give you anything! Just accept,” Her mother hisses at her, her face curled into something ugly.  

Livia blinks innocently back, “Anything?” 

Lynette nods, her eyes desperate as they dart around to the aristocrats and nobles watching them avidly, “Yes, dear, anything you want. Just accept. Now.” 

“Promise?” 

Lynette shakes Livia a bit, looking like she wanted to do more, “Yes. I promise, now-” 

Livia holds up her pinkie.  

Lynette stops and stares at her daughter like she grew two heads, “What.” 

Livia wiggles her finger, “Pinky promise.”  

“Dear now is not the tim-” 

“Pinky promise.” 

“Fine, alright. Here, just, how do you even do this-okay. See, mummy promised.”  

Livia smiles and curls her finger around her mother, “I will hold you to it,” She says, her voice going low, dark.  

Lynette does a double-take. What? But when she looks back, Livia has her usual bland expression when she turns away and picks up the presents.  

“I apologize,” She says, and makes a show of wobbling a bit, and holding her pregnant belly, “I got had felt a bit faint for a bit and started to act unlike myself. Please excuse my behavior, your highness.” 

King Grail regally inclines his head, “Of course. Your answer?” 

Livia smiles prettily, “I accept.” 

Welp, this was a long one. A lot of stuff happened, and somehow how it both went how I wanted it to and not. -shrugs-

Well, as usual, please leave a comment below and tell me what you guys think!! Until next week! ^o^

39