A day in a forest
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When she wake up, the rain has stopped, and the sun began to shine. The growing noise of the stomach makes her remember her hunger. After removing the grass on herself, she begins to walk towards the battle scene. The raging fire is now stopped, but the tree is still burning. Around the tree, she can still see the effects of the battle. She found a small burning branch and tied it up with some wet leaves. After returning to the so-called cave, she cut the burning branch into pieces with her stone knife and started to put the dried grass on it. After some time, the fire began to burn again.

Then she returns to a direction from which she had gone yesterday. There is a hollow tree which she had first decided as a shelter but as the dead tree is a house of thousands of long worms, she had dropped that idea.

She picks up some twigs and sharpened its end with a stone knife. As she found the tree wriggling with worms, she began to pierce them with the sharpened twigs. After trying sometimes, she able to catch 4 long ones.

After roasting them, she decided to eat them, but one can see the reluctance and hesitation in her eye. After closing her eyes, she bites the worm and begins to chew it. The worm tastes like vomit and rubbery in texture, but due to hunger, she gritted her teeth and swallowed it.

After satisfying her hunger she again started her journey. Yesterday night she had sawed the direction in which the black shadow had dragged the corpse. So naturally, she has chosen the opposite direction for her journey. While walking she remembers that at home when she was sleeping; she heard a voice

"Do you want to change? Do you want to live?"

She who was half asleep and heartbroken had said yes, and now she is here in the middle of the forest; who knows where. From yesterday's battle, she understands that even though the forest looks empty but it has many eyes. In such time she remembers the words of her nanny

"As you travel in the forest, the forest itself will reveal its secret to you"

A sudden rotten smell has attacked her nose, dragging her out from her thoughts. She soon found out the source due to the constant buzzing of insects. There is a rotten dead body of a human, the same age as her. The body is devoid of internal organs, and the remaining flesh is feasted by the insects. Her face got distorted due to horror and as she tried to run away from it, only because of pure instinct she moved her body.

A whip-like thing has suddenly attacked her but due to her sudden movement, she has able to avoid it. She tried to run but due to shock her legs become wobbly and she fell. As soon as she falls the thing caught her legs. The whip-like thing is a giant snake, about 7 metre long and 20 cm wide coiling around her body and opening his mouth wide to swallow her up.

 

1