Chapter 4: Green Snow Village
54 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

═════════════════════════════════════════════════

In the middle of the daythere was a young girl being princess carried by a stranger that she had never met in her entire life and there was a stranger that have been running for so long in a single day that he is starting to get tired of his life. Literally.

Behind both of themthere were pack of wolves chasing after them that feel very both tired from chasing after their prey for so long and feel happy that there is another meal that got into their plate for some reason and now these two different parties are now moving at a fast speed toward the rising smoke that was far away from their position.

"HuffHuffhuff," my breath is getting heavier from being chased by wolves and I had to carry this girl because this girl's running stride aren't big enough to run away from the wolves. It will take 9 minutes before she really ended up in a wolf's stomach.

"They're approaching at rapid speed. HURRY UP!"The girl has been complaining since the beginning from 'who are you?!'why are you carrying me!?'. And now, she relaxes her guard a bit and complaining of how the gap distance between the wolves and me are getting closer. I can only look at her with a tired looking face and turn away from her because if I start talking then it will disturb my breathing pace and the distance between me and the wolves will only get much more closer.

For now, the rising smoke is getting closer to us and I can only pray that there is some people can kill the wolves. The dense forest I was in now starting to become more sparse and there were sign of trees being chopped off. But there was no human in sight to be seen anywhere. My hope keeps rising from the fact that there is a human right in front of me being carried is slowly lower her guard when we are closer to the smoke. As the gap grew closer, one of the wolves ready it self to jump on me. I will not allow them. I have a super dodge skill I learned in school from dodgeball P.E. class and I was an undefeated champion, but the wolf didn't attack nor jump on me because if it failed to catch me, he will only bit the dust and got separated from the other wolves and it will only get bone from the prey they have been trying to catch.

After that, I was finally out of the forest but what was surprised me that the girl suddenly shouted for someone, "Brother! Father! HELP ME!". I can see a couple of people was doing their farm work and now they were dumbfounded at the sight of a couple being chased by the wolves.

Then there were two people from the farm was approaching me. The tall and robust guy with a beard and have a long hair seems to be this girl's father meanwhile there was a baby-faced looking boy that seems smaller and thinner than the guy beside him, he could pass as a romance male protagonist. So I was guessing that was the girl's brother. Both of them seemed to carry different weapon; the tall guy is using a heavy sword meanwhile the baby-faced guy was holding spear with another sword from his waist. I feel traumatic looking at the spear. How many times do I develop something not good inside my body? First one was the sight of the spear, the second one was fear of flying with the dragon and I also developed fear of height. Three of them is inside of me in a single day. I need to get used to this or else it will be my demise.

"Duck!" the baby-faced was ready to throw his spear and I immediately duck and dive forward with the girl not disturbing the spear's path.

The baby-faced throw it's hardest and it pierces one of the wolf really hard and now it finally dead, now it came down to four wolves left. The baby-faced pull out his sword from his waist and the tall guy is already confronting four wolves. I put down the girl and told her to get away from here, and she naturally get away from the small battlefield. I look at the pierced wolf and pull out the spear. I joined the brother and father duo to defeat the wolves and immediately start attacking one of the wolves that was not really occupied since both of the duo trying for 1v2. This is going to be my first fight and this wolf is...

MINE.

I'so hungry that I look at the wolf as if it was my prey. My mouth was drooling looking at the wolf thinking of how I'm going to remove wolf's leather and how I'm going to cook it. Grill it? Or Barbecue style? The wolf now looked at me with a tiny bit of fear in its eyes. How the tables are turned. Both me and the wolf look at each other watching the opponent's movement. Any kind of mistake will prove to be fatal. Since this was my first fight, I had to raise my focus to extremely high. The wolf look at me before jumping toward me.

Naive!

put the spear over my shoulder and throw it toward the wolf. My aim was a little bit off, and it only slashes a little bit of the wolf's shoulder. That's right, it only slashes, it didn't pierce through the wolf. I was devastated of how weak I am and dodge the attack that is coming toward me. The wolf mauled at the empty space but it was little confused at first of how it's prey gone, so it turns around to find it's prey. But by the time the wolf finished turn behind. I was holding a sword that was given by the baby-faced. The duo already finished their job and now it was only the wolf and me. I immediately slashed the wolf and stab at it's head as a final strike. It's finally over! A food has been placed in front of me.

sighed in relief and look toward the duo. I give the sword to the baby-faced and thanked the man.

"No, it should be us thanking you. You saved my daughter, so I did what I should do."

I was bewildered at the sentence he gave to me. His daughter? What?

The baby-faced saw my expression and laugh a little bit and said, "It's common for people to mistake me as my daughter's brother instead of being his father. So I get used to it. Anyway, we should celebrate now. We got five wolves in front of us. So it was natural that we should eat it before it becomes spoiled.".

He reaches out his hand and so I pull out my hand to handshake, "My name is Arthur and my brother beside me is Walter. The daughter you just saved now is called Alice. I hope we get along very well."Arthur pulls out his hand and bow to his daughter's savior, Walter followed his father and bow to me.

I bow to the both of them and I immediately found something weird, 'how did they know about Japanese style bow?' It was normal to find people normally bowing to each other, but Japanese style? "May I know yours?" I was asked by Arthur.

"Name's Ryu Tanaka."

Suddenly the duo opened their mouth wide and looks at me in disbelief. They instantly raised their guard and point their weapon toward me, what a change of attitude. "Speak, what kingdom you from? I will not allow some otherworlder staying here."

What? Otherworlder?

"What? What do you mean?"

"Don't speak like you don't know. You're one of those scum bastard from the other world that was summoned by the trash kingdom. Don't act like you don't know."

It seems like this world is a little bit more complicated that it should have,"I admit I was summoned to this world, but I never see something fancy like being summoned to the kingdom and I never see the actual kingdom myself. I've been struggling my way finding civilization since the day I was summoned in this world."My honesty was on top notch. I will note it down in the One-Of-My-Demise List.

looked at the duo with serious expression and didn't falter to the two of them. It was two breath later. They look at each other and sighed. They put their guard down and lower their weapon. I sighed in relief, and I really wanted to fill my curiosity of how they seem to know the other world. "Okay, we will try to believe you since you can't even smash the wolf in pieces like many otherworlder."

'stop hitting my soft spot. I'm literally going to cry here.'. I look at the now dead wolves in front of me and my drooling got even stronger. The duo saw my drooling face and relaxes their guard even more.

"You can stay in our inn. We will knock on the door once the celebration is starting."

"Umm, can't I join you guys? I want to learn how to remove the leather from the animal, so it can be useful in the future." I need to learn survival skill here, or it will be my doom if I was left alone in the forest again.

"Sure."

Everything went normal again. The farm worker immediately starts to mind their own business and many onlookers disperse from the scene after the whole thing is over. I walk with Arthur to see where inn I'm going to stay. He also showed couples of other building that was in the village. There were a couple of building here, there was a blacksmith and an adventurer guild. There was also a general shop and a shop that have sword and shield emblem, It's probably for adventurers. I look toward the blacksmith building with smoke coming out of the blacksmith's chimney. I put my hands together and thanks someone inside the building for releasing the smoke.

Arthur had said that this village's name is Green Snow because there is a territorial beast that was none other than the huge Snow Wolf that chase after him was currently residing nearby this village when the village was rising. For some reason, the Snow Wolf didn't care much for the village and sometimes it even walk by beside the farm that it immediately shock the surrounding farm worker that saw a giant beast was walking beside their own farm. After years of people residing here, they start to become less wary toward the Snow Wolf since it never attacks them. They also found it weird that the wolf that specialized in snow is currently residing in the grass plains. The nearest place with constant snow was 100 km away from this place. So they thought that the beast lost it's original place and thus decided to stay here for quite a while. Many people are still very wary toward the beast especially the farm worker that got it's farm being visited by the Snow Wolf many times. Thus, many people decided that they should offer some of the meat to the Snow Wolf, so it won't disturb their daily work.

Hours later, I was being taught by Walter on how to remove the leather from the wolf. It was a very fun and tiresome experience. There were a couple of sloppy work that reduce the leather's quality. I was escorted by Alice to my room in the inn. We were chatting while we were walking to the room provided for me. It seems Arthur was the owner of the inn, and they've been quite successful at that. I thought that as soon as I enter the inn, I will faced with deadly seasoned adventurers trying to pick on me but it seems like I'm still in my own fantasy. There were happy-go-lucky adventurers that was inside the inn. They have friendly face but they have frightening strength. I thought of them having a punk looking hair and huge muscle with scars all over or a skinny small man that obviously tell you that he's an assassin but all of them look like a middle aged man and there were few women adventurers too. They were quite charming, so I immediately look away from them. I sighed in relief. I'm still weak, they could one-shot the wolf that I took down with ease. I need to work on my strength.

I go inside the room and wave goodbye to Alice. I lay down on my bed and start to be in deep thought.

When I killed the wolf, something strange happened.

There was a ding sound in my head and there is a text popped in front of me.

[ You have gained 17 experiences ]

The duo doesn't seem to know the existence of the text, so I go with the flow and didn't tell them. I also tried many embarrassing things in the room like "Status!" or something like that but it didn't quite work, so I gave up. It seems like they only knew about the existence of the otherworlder and their strength but not their actual power. I was also curious about the existence of the otherworlder, just because I said my name, Arthur and Walter raised their guard on me. It can only mean one thing and that means there were quite a lot amount of other Japanese being transported here. If they did Japanese style bow without breaking a sweat and very proficient at that, it meant that these otherworldly things have engraved deep inside this world.

I pulled out Mur from my pocketremove the clothes from the box and put Mur inside the clothes box. I look at my clothes and I starting to feel like a beggar, no wonder they put clothes in here for me. I immediately change my clothes and use my torned clothes to cover Mur from being discovered. You will have to suffer a little bit from my wrath of sweat.

I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes falling into sleep.

0