Chapter 5: Three-Scar Bear
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Ever since I started writing this novel, I've only received helpful criticism. I've edited previous chapters for countless of times to change my badly edited chapter to a decent chapter. Other than that, I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════

After lingering inside the inn for quite a while, I've encountered a couple of people that was staying inside the inn to rest or staying here for drink or food. I've also researched and talk with people about the existence of otherworlder, apparently otherworlder's existence with myself included is a troublesome matter in this world. During the age of demon king, people tried to summon people from other world to save the entire humankind. This action had cause their humankind to live for another day when the summoned hero saves the world. Rowan was the legit hero in this world, but I tried to find his history but nowhere to found or no one had heard it, so I guess that even a famous story will fade away after a long time has passed. After the demon king has been defeated, the first summoned hero are retired and live with his harem. It was indeed true that the summoned hero retired but I can't help make the assumption of him living with his harem. This story was 600 years ago, so I don't know if the modern man was sent to that time or an actual man from 600 years ago.

Then here is when things start taking turns into the worst. One of the kingdoms that allied with the first hero became a little bit interested in things that sent the hero from other world into this world. The kingdom name was Samavia. They started researching on how the hero was summoned. Their research was a success and they finally summoned the second hero. They put the brainwash spell to the hero, but the hero was immune to the brainwash spell and then the hero immediately run away from the kingdom and nowhere to be found.

There's no history of the second hero.

Thus, the kingdom tries to find the fault of capturing the hero and they found a solution. If they can't brainwash the hero, then they will manipulate the hero with something he wants to protect.

Therefore, born the third hero.

The kingdom was lucky this time because the third hero was easy to manipulate. Samavia Kingdom represent the first kingdom to receive a huge weapon in their arsenal. It erupts chaos that a kingdom is using the hero for their own. Some of the kingdoms start to follow Samavia Kingdom and finally born the Age of Summoned Hero. Since there is too many hero in this world, there were times that 15 demon kings emerge at the same time in this world. It was a truly horrifying experience for the people that got involved in the mess.

This world is truly twisted.

I opened my eyes and saw myself in front of the adventurer guild. When I was chatting with one of the adventurers, they recommended me to the guild so I could start finding some money. I went inside and saw few people are inside the building. One of the receptionists waves her hand to me. She is one of the people that I talk to inside the innI was quite nervous when I first confronted her but we've known for quite a while now although it was only a couple of days.

"You are going to registered as an adventurer, yes?" Hence I nodded my head.

She smiled and then turn around to pick up a paper along the rectangular black stone with the wood frame and gave it to me. "You merely need to fill out your information and then spill a drop of blood to this identification card. Rememberyou need to fill out the information without any mistakesany mistakes will cost you 5 silver to make a new identification card. If your identification card is missingyou need to pay 3 silver or depend on your situation to replace identification card."

I nodded my head again and start filling out my information. I 'carefully' fill out without making a mistake. I've been known to make a quadruple time looking at the information I've made before I hand out and I asked quite a lot to the receptionist if I write it right to the point of me annoyed the receptionist a little bit. I handed out the paper to the receptionist, and she gives a needle to me. I poked my arm but not finger because it feels uncomfortable when I operate my hand all the time with a poked finger.

I'm telling you, it's the feeling of pain that I don't want it.

I dripped my microscopic amount of blood to the identification card. The card does nothing at all, but the receptionist took both paper and the identification card and went inside the door behind the receptionist desk. I waited for quite a while and start looking around the building. Compared to the inn I went to, this place doesn't really have many adventurers since people that lives here only does normal job rather than doing risky job as an adventurer. There is also a fact that the Snow Wolf is residing here, so they live here with peace because of Snow Wolf killing all the monster here although they are still under the possible of Snow Wolf striking the village.

"Here is your identification card, have a nice adventure!" I look at the receptionist that was standing behind him and took the identification card.

Ryu Tanaka lv. 0 ]

[ Experience: 17/100 ]

Title: C-ranked adventurer ]

[ HP: 100/100 ] MP: 20/20 ]

Strength: 4 ] Agility: 13 ] Intelligence: 7 ] Defense: 0 ] Dexterity: 27 ] Constitution: 5 ] 

[ Skill points: 0 ] 

[ Skillset: Evasion Lv. 6, One-handed weapon Lv. 0, Two-handed weapon Lv. 0, ]

pondered for quite a while looking at the identification card. The otherworlder even implant RPG stats into this world. I'm not going to be surprised if there is a nuke being used in this world. The receptionist told me that I needed to keep and hide it carefully because everyone can see the card's detail and it's going to be a problem if someone did.

I thanked the receptionist and head to the quest section. There are no monster quests available here, only picking herbs for medicine or one and only delivery quest in the board. I'm going to ignore the quest on the board that declared as an Extermination quest untouched on the quest board. It seems like everyone knew that the quest was about exterminating the Snow Wolf. I sighed at the lacking of quests. I can't pick which quest I should choose since I'm not very good at finding something and for the delivery questI don't think it will ended up smoothly for me since I still have bad luck attached to me-

No waitI have Mur.

I take the delivery quest very quickly, afraid of being taken by other people. I talked with the same receptionist about accepting the quest. Her hand seems to glow little bit and start writing with her finger. There's a text appeared on the quest paper but I can't make out what its trying to say. She gave the quest back to me and briefed me who is the requester. The name of the requester is Walter. There's only one Walter here I know...

"Hey, what a coincidence for you to pick my request. I guess it's finally time for you to start working since you've been lazying around inside the inn."

smiled at the Walter's remark and look at the horse-mounted carriage being loaded in by many boxes. Apparently, It was a request for delivering a good amount box of food ingredient to the other village that was not quite far away from here. At least it would take about 2 days before arriving at the nearby village and then there's going to be another delivery need to be sent to the inn. The reward would be 2 golds. Ah, right, 2 golds... WHAT! Two golds are equivalent to 200 silver. A silver is a hundred copper. The inn's room fee is about ten silvers a day. I could retire from now although I've done nothing at all.

I told Walter about the exaggerating reward.

"That's nothing. An average reward of the delivery quest is 15 golds. More than the rest of normal quest other than exterminating the monster and massive expedition or exploration. But what are you going to do in this delivery quest without any armor and weapon? This delivery quest is not a dilly dally walking around the plain with flowers."

"Can I acquire some equipment?" I smile with eyes completely open at Walter hoping for some weapon and armor. Walter smirked at me and said,

"Our blacksmith has stuff that you might need. But it's going to cost you obviously. Heretake this gold."

took the money and went to the blacksmith.

Inside the blacksmith there are indeed many weapons and armors. Many of them look really expensive. I find the blacksmith that was working. He keeps smashing the iron until it looks like a sword. I waited for the blacksmith to finish his job and start looking for something that I desire. I need to find two weapons for both normal fight and fight in a close space and light armor. There's a weapon that really piqued my interest but the price is too expensive that I will just end up with only a sword with no armor.

"Interested in this sword?"

I look at the bald muscle man stroking his beard beside me.

"Oh, I am indeed interested in this sword, but it cost quite a lot for me. I need to have an armor and another weapon for narrow space." The muscle man look at me and said, "How much you have?"

I took out a piece of gold coin from my pocket, and the man looked at me for quite a while stroking his beard.

"I could get you all the equipment under a gold so wait here for few minutes."

The bearded muscle man starts looking around his shop and start to pick out something one by one. He places all the equipment he chose on the table and let me choose. I look at the armor first since armor is easy to choose. I start wear one by one to see which is comfortable and then think about the defense it will give to me. Finally, I picked the plain chest plate and shoulder plate with a left-hand gauntlet only. Then I turn my head to the weapon that was laid out in front of me. I keep thinking about how proficient I am in these. There is a war axe, sword and a bow. I'm not good with the bow although I have a speed that is a good requirement to be an archer. The war axe has deadly power but slow attack speed and short reach. I sigh and go ahead with the plain sword. The dagger was something obvious that I picked for close space. If I'm a protagonist, then I will be named as a number one plain. I give the gold to the blacksmith, and the man gave back the changes to me. I walked out of the building and look at the sky.

I'm still a level 0 adventurer with an absolute no fighting experience, but I have Mur with me and he or she will support me when I'm trying to do delivery quest right? But somehow...

"You..."

Mur was glaring fiercely with killing intent at meMur must be really mad at me because of being bathed in my sweat for a long time. Now that I think about it, I've forgotten about the existence of Mur for a couple of day and went ahead to enjoy my life. As a result I completely forgot about changing my used clothes that haven't washed for a long time to a new cloth for hiding Mur. Right now I'm experiencing a dragon's wrath for the first time. I don't want to mention about it.

ReallyI don't want to.

Minutes later after the punishmentI told him all the current event that happened during that time and was 'astonished' at my story.

"AHAHAAHAHAYOU'VE BEEN RUNNING AWAY FROM ALL THOSE PUNY MONSTERS DESPITE YOU ALREADY INHERITED MY MASTER'S POWER? WHAT A JOKE. AHAHAHAHAA"

I could only watch at the dragon that was rolling around the floor laughing at me. It's hurt.

"Don't blame me. I didn't receive any knowledge of Rowan's power when he gave it to me. When I tried to rely on youyou ended sleeping for a couple of days. Therefore, it is my job to keep running away from those monsters with all I got."

Mur suddenly stop laughinglooking at me, "That's because you disturb my master when he was transferring his power to you. That means you only receive my master's power, but you didn't gain his experience. In other word, You're like someone standing in the cold snow region without any clothes rejecting a ready-made warm clothes in front of you and try to find something to keep you warm in the wild."

"Regardless, your delivery quest should be start tomorrow, right? In that case we should utilize those times to increase your level to the minimum requirement. I don't want you to die so early without succeeding my master's powerfollow me."

picked up my equipment to wear it and then followed Mur from behind the inn to avoid unnecessary attention from the village. Then, we slowly get far away from the village and enter the nearby forest.

"Don't you think you will scare every monster that is currently living here?"

"I was frightening all those monsters because I don't have any energy to suppress my aura. You will get attacks by anything from here from now on."

There were only few an actual monster that are living here. Most of them have been mauled by the Snow Wolf. A normal animal only give out 1-10 experience meanwhile the monster gave 20-40 experience. Since Mur was escorting me to where the monster was hiding, I leveled up to level 3. I checked my identification card for new information inside.

Ryu Tanaka lv. 3 ]

[ Experience: 298/500 ]

Title: C-ranked adventurer ]

[ HP: 231/250 ] MP: 60/60 ]

Strength: 4 ] Speed: 13 ] Intelligence: 7 ] Defense: 0 ] Dexterity: 15 ] Constitution: 5 ] 

[ Skill points: 30 ]

[ Skillset: Evasion Lv. 7, One-handed Weapon Lv. 2, Two-handed Weapon Lv. 0, ]

Everything seemed to be clicking. I got to level up smoothly but I instantly got shuddered in fear. I look beside me and there is a huge cave. There is something coming out of the cave.

It's a beast!

This beast is not as monstrous as Snow Wolf but it was four times as tall as me who was only 1.75m height. The beast looks like a bear and it have two pair of red eyes glaring at me with three claw scar on its face. Its mouth is drooling with saliva, and it has a sharp claws. Behind the bear, it looks like it was covered by something prickly. I tried to say something to Mur, but he is already gone from the sight. I look up and saw a tiny dragon look at me and thumbs up with a cheerful smile.

F*ckThat bastard lured me to this beast!

 

 

 

0