Ch. 2.1 – The Plan to Conquer Baullheart Kingdom
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I thought you retired from the frontlines?"

"I did. However, as things stand now, I can't let the Baullheart Kingdom one of the three biggest Kingdoms of the Human race get destroyed by the Elves."

Koukei is definitely serious about this quest. I remember that when Koukei was in the army they were once called, "The Knights of Dawn," including the General back then.

"But isn't it the Kingdom's fault that they declined the peace treaty even if it was the Grand Duke? I only accepted the quest because of the reward and I'm debted to Dulles."

The risk is far too great than the reward. Although I am indebted to them, in some ways or another; I am not a human, at least that's my belief.

"While it is the Kingdom's fault, I also only agreed because I don't want another war to happen."

'That's right he doesn't want conflict ever since the incident.'

"So what is the plan? We obviously cannot just go to the Oaphyllis ever since we declined their offer."

I am still doubtful about this request...

"I'm perfectly fine to be there. As for you, I'll let you be my assistant for now."

"Ohh... It's such a great honor to be your assistant..."

'He's getting on my nerves...'

"By the way, you still have something to do before we go to the Oaphyllis tomorrow... right?"

I peered at him with doubt.

"Your another quest..."

'My other quest...?'

"Ahhh..." I stood up from the seat with great shock. "That's right I have to gather 25 Linterfillis!"

I hurriedly ran to the door.

"Wait..."

"What now?"

'I'm in a hurry...' I glance back at him.

"I have Linterfillis here." Koukei showed it to me.

"Really...? That's great, thanks!" I walked back and took the Linterfillis.

"What're you doing? You obviously showed the Linterfillis to give it to me right?" I tried to take the Linterfillis from him but he didn't let me.

"I just said I have Linterfillis with me... I didn't say I'd let you have them though?" Koukei refuted. He seems to be enjoying teasing me too much...

"Fine... how much is it?"

"Fifteen Silvers!"

"Geh... are you kidding me? That's way too overpriced! Don't push your luck!" I smacked the table in front of him.

"If you don't want to buy it that's fine. But the sun is already setting and the deadline is until nightfall and what day is the deadline. I wonder? Hmm...?"

"Today's the deadline. Here, Fifteen Silvers..."

'This attitude is exactly why I can't stand being with him!'

"Thanks for your business!"

'Good thing I had money...'

I ran back to the inn to take my bag to get the remaining Linterfillis and head to the inn.

 

                                                                                       —————————————————————

 

I managed to make it in time to the Guild Hall. I entered and walked to the receptionist area.

"Hello, I'd like to report the quest for gathering 25 Linterfillis is complete."

I took the Linterfillis from my bag and took the quest form...

...

'It's gone...!'

"Ahh... please wait a minute."

I searched through my bag and see where could I have placed it.

"Uhh... Sir..."

"Oh don't worry... I had it in me let me just check my bag."

"Sir, that's not it... Someone named Koukei — a merchant came — yesterday who had the quest form and said that you already finished the quest but you were recovering from the fight so you couldn't give it." 

"....."

"That bastard tricked me...!" My eyes were burning...

"Uhhmm... Sir..."

"What...?"

My eyes pierced the stiffened receptionist.

"Be-because y-you de-defeated the mi-minotaur Norjin y-you will be given the re-reward..."

...

'She's clearly afraid of me now.'

I apologized to the receptionist and walked to another room to get my reward. Surprisingly, the reward calmed me down. It was 10 gold coins and the horn I took from the minotaur; unconsciously, is priced 5 gold coins. I have a total of 15 gold coins to spend. And the best is yet to come...!

"For subjugating the minotaur Norjin and exterminating the monster raid your rank will move from Rank-B to Rank-A and you are given the chance to move to Rank-S with the scroll of trial."

The Guild Master personally gave me the scroll of trial. The scroll usually differs from person to person; based on their achievements. I walked out of the room and the adventurers from the lounge area greeted me.

"Hey, congratulations man! The Lieutenant Colonel, Dulles gave you the recommendation to take the scroll of trial."

"Yeah, he said because you subjugated the minotaur Norjin and defeated an entire monster raid on your own!"

"That's awesome man!"

Many adventurers congratulated me and to be honest I was happy with most of the events today...

 

                                                                                       —————————————————————

...

 

Somewhere unknown...?

 

"Hey, I heard that the kid you let live defeated the entire monster raid and subjugated the minotaur Norjin all on his own. Waahaha... perhaps you were scared of him that you couldn't kill him, Cruceus?"

"What the hell are you talking about, Lisa? I just let him go because of Maschenny interrupting me."

Cruceus grumbled and pointed his index finger at Maschenny.

...

"Ohh... you got ignored by Maschenny, Cruceus hahaha..."

"Shut it... Leo..."

...

A door opened silencing their conversation...

"My, my... it seems you let quite a dangerous kid live, Cruceus."

It was the Maiden whose presence contradicted Maschenny's cold aura. She sat at her seat in the middle.

"Where's the other three?"

The Maiden looked at the table and some were missing...

"They haven't gone back yet it seems..."

Lisa replied. Straightening her posture and spoke with a low voice as if her presence isn't worthy near the Maiden.

"Well, it's fine I called you all here today because the kid that Cruceus let go is that one. The Ei"—

"The Boy who survived the Great Crownless War... right?"

Nobody expected that Maschenny was the one who spoke.

"Yeah... the boy who survived the Great Crownless War..."

"I will capture him! Maiden-sama..." Cruceus get out of his seat and kneel at the Maiden.

"Of course, I expect good things from you..."

Cruceus feeling satisfied, get back from his seat.

"I called you all here today because our goal to conquer the Baullheart Kingdom is already near and after the three get back we will start moving our plan. I assume all of you are ready?"

"I am raring to go now!"

"I wonder what would be the looks on their faces when we conquer their Kingdom. Bahaha...!"

"That damn kid... I'll capture you!"

"..."

"Great. That's all for now. We will resume the meeting after the three get back."

They got up from their seats and walked out of the door. The Maiden stopped Maschenny and told her she has something to say. Leo closed the door.

Maschenny was standing near the door. She didn't seat after she was offered by the Maiden.

"Why did you stop me... Maschenny?"

The Maiden peered at Maschenny.

"I thought I told you... no one needs to know." Maschenny's voice spoke with authority.

"Oh my, are you perhaps ordering me?"

"I am ordering you... Maiden." Maschenny shattered the Maiden's facade.

"Hoohh... you sure have guts talking to me like that."

Maschenny didn't utter a word instead gave a cold gaze.

...

The atmosphere is getting tense...

They both let out their auras as if to overpower the other. The floor is slowly being covered with ice...

 

"Ahem..."

The one who was standing beside the Maiden cleared his throat.

...

"I'll be going now... Maiden-sama."

Maschenny walked out of the room without ever looking back.

...

"That girl... who does she think she is ordering me like that."

"At this moment Maiden-sama, Maschenny is clearly the most powerful Crownless Hero. You shouldn't get provoked."

"Hmmph...!"

0