[Chapter 3] NDA, Unique Skill, and Information
689 8 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I feel my limbs grow increasingly rigid as they materialize before my eyes.

Ah, why are there staff coming? Is it because they found a glitch or a similar sort? Probably not? My head is growing a bit blank. Cold sweat is wrapping around my stiffening body, and I can't help but gulp a few times.

No! Stop it already. Deep breaths, just think about it.

First of all, it's not like they're here to mug you, what are you so worked up about? Also, it's probably to figure out my unique skill, which wasn't your fault! It's not like they'd do anything bad since they're staff, isn't that right...

As I do my mental exercises that spanned for two seconds, the two figures finished materializing.

A man and woman in white attire and black attire respectively were in front of me.

Momentarily, silence fills the space. I-I can't bring myself to speak first, okay!? What if I say something rude?!

"Cough, Hello Player." 

The relatively taller and male person started speaking.

"We are here to moderate and assure that your...unique skill is properly set in place. You can call me Altus and that person is Shifter," He said, pointing towards the other person.

Also, it might have been my illusion, his voice became somewhat twisted for a moment when he talked about the skills...

"H-Hello..." My voice comes out in a wavering tone. That...that is a bit embarrassing.

The woman glares at the other man and then gives a professional smile to me, "Now, before we begin, you must sign this form before obtaining your unique skill."

A form?

With a question in my head, I look at this form, momentarily forgetting about my initial fright.

Reading through it, it has a bunch of legal jargon and clauses, nothing stands out in any particular way. If I have to say, though, this is a non-disclosure agreement, isn't it?

I mean, it isn't exactly a NDA, but it basically is given its requirements. Huh, S-World really loves keeping secrets, don't they?

"Und-, no I mean, I understand," I slightly stumbled over my words, seriously, I think my cheeks are heating up.

Shifter doesn't react to my stumble (thank goodness) and reviews the information with me to make sure that know that I'm not allowed speak about my unique skill or the fact that I was allowed to choose one. I mean, even without this, I wouldn't have said anything anyways...

Ah, with that said, she gave me a pen (where did that come from?) and motioned for me to sign it. There really wasn't any reason for me not to, so I obliged. It's just that...my signature is really shaky. Hey, how nervous am I?

"Thank you for your compliance," Shifter says, taking the form.

"Now, with that out of the way," Altus said, motioning towards the form in Shifter's hand. "What unique skill do you wish to acquire?"

Ah, I actually put a lot of thought behind this. Getting a unique skill feels sort of like cheating, but if it's this sort of skill, I think I'd finally have a chance at a peaceful gaming experience.

"Please give me a 'Disguise' skill!"

""Eh?""

Ah, first I stutter, then I stumble, and now I shouted! Seriously?! Even the staff are confused! Uooo...My face is burning up so much, it hurts. I want to crawl in a hole.

"I, like I mean..." Lowering my head subconsciously, I think I'm trembling a little, ah this is bad...

"Ah, nono, it's not like that. Just that," The woman said in a hurried tone.

The man, picking up her train of thought, spoke as well, "Right, there's already a 'Disguise' skill in the game is the thing."

Oh, that makes sense. But, I guess they misunderstood my request a little bit? No, they absolutely didn't understand it, no guessing necessary!

"Mmm, but I want to be able to disguise my stats and other stuff, like equipment, as well. That way, if I get something rare, people won't covet it."

O-oh?! Those words came out pretty smoothly huh? Th-though, I feel even more embarrassed after the fact. Do they think it's too overpowered, too weird? They might deny it won't they?? Then what do I do?

As I got more and more pessimistic thoughts, Altus spoke up again, "Well, that made more sense, it was pretty easy to implement as well!" Shifter seems like she wants to say something, but before she could, Altus continued, "Then, in a few minutes, you'll be able to enter the game with the Unique Skill, 'Incognito UX'."

Incognito, huh? And ohh! Finally, the actual game! I'm glad this unique skill didn't take up the initial twenty-minute timeframe for character creating! Ah and then I can start playing in just a few moments! I already have a few plans based on the trailer, but I wonder if...

-

While Kai was wrapped up in her own fantasies, Shifter complained to her co-worker, "Seriously, Incognito? Can you think of a better name?" 

"Oh come on, isn't it a good name?"

"Good name my- Whatever, we have to get going," Shifter looked back up with a polite smile again and tapped Kai's shoulder.

-

I jolt at the sudden touch and look back up to see the smiling woman, "Y-yes?"

Her smile grew a bit wider before responding to me, "Thank you for your patience during this period, and have an enjoyable time in..." both of them waved their hands at me as they began fading away, "Serithic World."

Then, they were gone.


Fuuu...

I can't help but let out a long sigh, relief sinking into me.

Right, that didn't go...quite well, but that's alright.

However, I'm thinking about it now, but isn't there something strange about this? The man, Altus, said that this skill was easy to implement? So, it didn't exist before. He did mention the 'Disguise' skill but...why do I feel like there's something fishy going on here?

Oh whatever, it benefitted me in the end anyway! No use thinking more about it.

Besides, the main point is this!

[Game is Starting Next Phase of Launch in Five Minutes, Review this Information as You Wait]

[Death]

You will be Respawned to the Last Checkpoint (EX: Beginner Towns)
Chance to Drop Items
Debuff for a Day to All Activities

[Pain Level]

Level of Pain is Set to a Withstandable Degree

[Security]

Certain Measures are Placed In Case of Any Indecent Behaviour

[Skills]

Skills Can Be Obtained in a Variety of Ways, Please Explore Them

[Serithic World]

A medieval world with magic and the arcane.
Filled with mysterious plants and animals that are surrounded by differing cultures from country to country.
There's the mountainous kingdom of the far north.
A sea-faring empire in the deep south.
Villages of sprawling farmland in the plains and so much more.

But, under the surface of this world lies terrifying monsters and beasts.
Foul-breathing wolves, conniving basilisks, and hulking eels.

In the wide-spanning history of this world, death and slaughter were common.
Until a miracle was awoken.

Prayers among prayers stirred awake the celestial's blessings.
Settlements of people were protected from most threats.
Some were given a special strength and others an unfathomable intelligence.

Meanwhile, the most dangerous of monsters were locked away in dungeons and hidden deep in the wilderness.
Though the blessings are still alive, the seals placed on these beings were slowly being corroded.

Will you be brave enough to face them?

A lot of this info is publicly known on the site, but the description of this world really takes me back to the trailer. It was the voiceover back then for that thing, seriously, it was like I was transported straight to this place. Though, I'm doing that right now, aren't I?

But still, they could have added a little more information right? Everything is already pretty vague, the theory crafters are going to lose their heads about it.

Me? I'm just curious. Curious to the point of exploding! I'm getting too excited again, let's get going already!
 
[Launching in 3, 2, 1...]

[Logging In]

[Welcome to Serithic World, Player Elegiac]

26