[Chapter 8] Adventurer’s Guild Unlocked
516 7 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seriously, what did I just do?


 

Despite what it might seem, it’s not like I’m going on the offense immediately. The guild has other players and NPCs, so I don’t want to cause a ruckus.

But, it’s not like I can let this guy keep spouting whatever he wants to say.

“Sorry, who are you?”

These sort of words I decided to say in such a carefree and arrogant manner. If I said something like, “What do you mean?” or “What do you want?”, doesn’t it seem likely he’ll elaborate on what he said?

However, with a “Who are you?”, the stun period will be that much longer! Also, it’ll be useful to know who they are for later.

In that time, I hasten the receptionist to process my request. After all, the best option is always to retreat, regroup, and revolt! 

Wait, that sounds a bit weird.

Anyway, it seems like the receptionist snaps out of her reverie with my haste and brings me inside to another part of this building.

Meanwhile, the surly-man also broke out of his stun period. As I’m ushered in, I can hear him scream, “You pipsqueak, come back here! Face me, the Swift Sword Symeph!”

There he goes, all according to plan. The rage in his voice sure is a splendor to hear. But, screaming inside a building? Was he raised with no manners?

Though, that did go oddly well huh? But, successfully doing this sort of thing might not be possible repeatedly. After all, by my estimations so far, the NPCs in this game are about as predictable as real people. 

One of the reasons I got through that interaction pretty smoothly was likely because of the game’s intention: to get me to interact with him at all. At least, that’s what I think from this new quest.

[Special Quest Chain: Chopper and the Swift Sword]
[Accept] [Deny]

The moment surly-face appeared, this pop-up appeared as well. Unlike the beginner quests which were required, this one gave me an option to accept or not. Though, judging by what I’ve said already, it’s obvious that I chose to accept it.

“Ahh, sorry I didn’t support you there, I was shocked. But the look on his face, it was honestly hilarious!” Suddenly the receptionist speaks and almost made my soul fly away. Her words also bring me back to reality and to what I’ve said. A creeping blush crawls onto my face again.

Seriously, what did I just do?

Ha. Ha. Ha. Myself, your initial anger really brought you out of reality and into a place of requiem didn’t it!!!

In the first place, the way I spoke, the words I said, the thoughts I thought! Is it true when they say that your brainpower goes up when you're mad? Nono, shouldn't it be the exact opposite?

I really hope no one there remembers what I said. Ah, wait, I guess this receptionist will remember won't they, haha...

At, at least it's an NPC!

The chances of that being recorded are nill as well. S-World does have a streaming and camera function according to the devs, but it isn’t going to be available for the first week of launch. Meaning, I'm safe!

"And we've arrived!"

I once again jolt out of my thoughts and marvel at the receptionist’s ability to bring me to reality. Oh, but speaking of, that does remind me. Where exactly are we? 

“Uhm, what are we doing here?”

“Ah, well, usually we’d give new adventurer try-outs a test and general crash course afterward. But, since you have a recommendation, you’ll be having the course here,” She answers me and presses a button.

The bare room I was placed in suddenly reams with glowing blue lines and slithers its way to the bracelet on my hand.

[Chat Feature Unlocked]
[Adventurer’s Guild Tutorial Available]
[Start?]

“That should have given you access to the Adventurer’s Guild Network. It allows all adventurers to contact each other and a couple of other features as well, but you can explore that in your leisure,” The receptionist continues, “You can begin your crash course whenever, personally, it’s recommended to do it right away as some features of the guild are locked before then, but we can always postpone it for later.”

"Ah, ah, is that so?" I half-mumble in response and drag the start screen to the side first. Then, I open the chatbox and click around to see its applications.

There's a local chat and then an option to chat with people on other servers. A basic friending option and profile screen where we can edit our bios and other assortment of things. There’s an option to put in a custom avatar and a nickname, though, the username can be found by clicking on the profile if it isn’t private.

For now, I set everything for me to be private and my nickname as [AnAnon].

Oh, I think I forgot to mention, but I wasn't able to see the usernames of other players beforehand. Now, though, I think it'd probably be possible to see, and, judging by the description on the settings, it's likely that an average player wouldn't be able to hide their username and level face to face with someone. In all honesty, this is probably to discourage hit and runs.

Ah, but Altus did say there was a [Disguise] skill, didn't he? That's probably the option given to those fanatical PK'ers.

Alright! I think I got that situated, it seems like there are a lot of other players who got through the task to be an adventurer just fine as well. Though, there's an occasional cry of regret from some players. Both sides, the ones who paid and the ones who got a recommendation, claim the other had it easier.

Well, I'll look into that later. It's time to actually start the tutorial for this!

With that said, I click the start button, and the receptionist presses another button before leaving.

Unlike the blue lines of before, this time red lines creep along the wall and form a blank rectangle in front of me. Curious, I loom closer to take a look before a red-tinted screen pops out of it, making me flinch back a little.

[A Fool's Guide to Succeed as an Adventurer!]
Chibi Teacher

For some reason, I feel a bit offended.

19