[Chapter 9] Miss Chibi
447 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey, what exactly is this?

Letting my annoyedness fade into obscurity, I find myself attracted towards the chibi teacher on the screen.

"Huh, how cute," I mumble. I don't know if it's my imagination, but I think it got a little bit happier.

Before I could investigate that further, the screen got replaced with another.

[Notice] Chibi Teacher

Oh?

The teacher with a now serious expression erases the chalkboard and writes down an important list of items. This is...quite a cute way to deliver rules isn't it?

No, seriously, this teacher is so cute!

Wait wait wait, this is no time to get distracted! What did she write down?

[Adventurer's Guild Guidelines]

[1. Never Harm Innocents]

[2. Do Not Harm Other Adventurers, Unless for a Duel]

[3. Adventuring is Dangerous, Parties for Dungeons are Especially Advised]

[4. In an Emergency Situation, All Able Adventurers Must Go to the Designated Location]

[Depending on the Guideline Broken, Adventurer Status can be Revoked]

Huh, such a set of simple rules, but I guess they're called guidelines for a reason. There's likely someplace else with more information. After all, this is a [Fool's Guide], so it's probably uncomplicated for a reason.

Actually, this is also probably a built-in hint for people who enjoy PK-ing. I'm not saying the game is encouraging it (probably), but it doesn't seem like they're discouraging it.

I guess if the Adventurer Status is revoked, a new questline will unlock for something else. A Mercenary Guild, maybe?

Whilst in my thoughts, I realize the chibi has written something down, 'Finished Reading?' (I swear this is too cute).

"Yeah, you can continue, Miss Chibi." Perhaps it's because I'm talking to such a cute thing, I'm not nervous at all. I wonder, though, it seems Miss Chibi has a complicated expression on her face.

...Let's pretend I didn't see that.

Silently apologizing in my heart, I watch as Miss Chibi erases the original words and replaces them with new ones.

[Adventurer's Guild Tips and Tricks]

[1. Adventurers and Monsters are Ranked from the Strongest S to the Weakest F]

[2. Always Check the Quest Board for New Quests]

[3. Use Maps in Dungeons and Remember to Look Out for Traps]

[4. Information is Vital, One Can Pay for a Reliable Informant in the Guild]

Miss Chibi, what kind of fools are you expecting? This is beyond simple, alright? I'm sure even a ten-year-old can understand this...is that the point?

Contemplating these unnecessary things, Miss Chibi writes something down. It says...ah, whether or not to finish the tutorial?

"Yes, thank you," I say, wondering if this type of tutorial was that helpful. I can say that with Miss Chibi, it was worth it, though.

On another note, defeating a dungeon seems to be quite difficult in this game. Usually, it wouldn't have mattered much to me. In previous games, I had a party to rely on against the enemies. However, I wanted to try playing for myself in this game...at least for a little bit. Get used to playing after stopping for a while.

It's likely not impossible to do a solo run, but definitely more difficult overall. Well, the most difficult thing is finding good party members!

What a depressing thought!

This is such a headache...I wish sister wasn't busy with college. What a pain! Such a pain!

Lamenting my own situation, Miss Chibi, ignorant of it, bows (adorably, I might add), and the screen disappears. Soon after, the receptionist who brought me here comes in with something in her hand.

"This will be your [Adventurer's Guild Card], it's mostly just to verify your identity and show your rank. Oh, and it lets you accept quests," As if sensing my gaze, she speaks and hands over the card.

Obviously, I take it from her and examine it. It's a grey-metal-colored card with my basic information as well as my rank. According to the card, I'm ranked as D? Is this an added benefit from going the recommendation route? Hmm, in any case, a pop-up informs me that this information has been added to my stat screen as well.

"With that, you're officially an adventurer!"


"Haaah..." I let out a sigh.

Is it a satisfied one? A tired type? The answer is a mixture of both.

Roughly, I went to take a couple of quests about a Horned Rabbit infestation and leveled up to Level 5 before logging off. Now, I'm on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I was really tempted to stay up, but for some reason, my energy is incredibly low.

Perhaps, talking with the NPCs took more out of me than I thought? It's not like I haven't slept for more than twenty-four hours already!

Er, excusing that, the moment I decided to sleep, I wasn't able to sleep anymore. Resulting in this conversation I'm having with myself.

I haven't really checked, but this game is probably exploding in the news, right? It's quite insane, to say the least. I mean, I tried cooking a rabbit once, and I could taste it! But, I wish they didn't add such a burnt taste to the game...I didn't even get a [Cooking] skill out of that!

And, no! I didn't get a [Poison Resistance] skill!

Hmph!

...

{This is really too boring.}

...

Pushing myself up, I sit at the edge of my bed and glance around my room. As you might expect, it's pretty much a mess.

The cleanest area is where the capsule is, newly-installed and all that.

I had it neat in middle school, but after a bit, it just started getting messier and messier. There wasn't any motivation in cleaning it up as well. As long as I look for something, I can find it within a few minutes.

I step off my bed with that last thought and head towards my desk. Clicking on the lamp, I turn on the computer.

As usual, I ignore the time display and pretend that it's not late at all as I click to open a website.

[Serithic World Forums]

The Official Forums for Serithic World

Honestly, their naming sense is really confounding. Won't you be more creative? It's not like I could do much better, though.

Let's get back to the point.

What? No point has been made yet? The point is to look at the forums, you know?

On a more serious note, basically, I'm looking for more information. I've yet to put my stat points into anything, and the best place to see what they really do is here!

Some people might find that researching a game is much less fun than experiencing it myself, but if I experience it myself...Anyway, it's not something I want to do. Plus, trying to play a game and then doing absolutely horrible would ruin anyone's experience!

Such a thing is really terrible.

Er, I should stop getting distracted and look for the information before I pass out.

20