Prologue
81 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the 7th month cycle on Caistea a baby boy was born, he was held by two caring parents and was then raised with love. The baby boy was born into a knight's family of four, including himself.

The boy was like any ordinary boy that was born into a knight's family, while his family was not poor, they were not rich either. The boy at age 1 was diagnosed to have an average amount of magic power by a passing mage apprentice.

At age 2 the boy was taught to hold a wooden sword, and was forced to attend intensive training, and ruthless spars with his 5-year old sister. The boy had average talent compared to his genius sister, which in actuality may mean that his talent is that of a prodigy however no one took notice.

At age 3 the boy was forced to learn how to read and write like any other child, because in this country it was compulsory to have education, even beggers were forced to have education. The boy had above average talent in his studies and would usually study all day after his daily training because he knew that he had talent in studying, hence why he tried to make full use of his talent.

The boy at age 4 was told that in a year's time he would have his 'status' unlocked. The boy knew from studying numerous books of literature and documents about the 'status' that the 'status' held information about someone's capabilities, abilities and powers. The 'status' is an ability granted to everyone at the age of 5. No one knows where it came from, some suspect it's a blessing from the gods and others believe that it's a curse enforced by the demons. 

This world had and still has lots of races and even the gods themselves walk along the planet, but people tend to worship the gods because of their immense power and from the fact that gods are created and not born, no one knows how or why or even who except the gods themselves.

The boy after learning this immediately started pushing his body above its limits everyday, he would swing the sword like there's no tomorrow and would studying straight after. 

After 6 months had passed the boy knew that he had to push himself ever harder because in Caistea there are 14 months in a year and currently it was the 6th month which means that he only had 8 months left. The boy decided to equip the heaviest weights he could find and equipped them onto his body while carrying one of the heaviest swords he could find, he even wore a helmet so he could train his senses. The boy wrapped numerous books in a bag and decided to train like that. The boy looked like a madman because he wore some of the heaviest weights, wore a knight's helmet and he was even swinging a sword more than three times his size while reading books.

Luckily for the boy no one stopped him because he had already told them in advance. The boy's hard-working personality seemed to have always inspired surrounding people and knights to work even harder, however this time it took it to a whole 'nother level as people were also pushing themselves pasts their limits and strived for even more, even the boy's carefree genius older sister trained more than usual. The onlookers out of respect usually presented these people with gifts, however when they offered the boy gifts he declined and continued his training. The boy would rarely sleep and when he was sleeping, he was still semi-awake as shown by how he was still training in his sleep.

There were many who thought that the boy would die from over-working himself however surprisingly, the boy was getting even healthier. There were many who would look at the boy and wonder why was he working so hard, and truthfully, even the boy did not know. The boy had forgotten the reason why he trained 'till he dropped, 'till his body couldn't move anymore, 'till his body refused to move. The times when the boy couldn't move his body he would just continue to read on the dirt of the training grounds. The boy faintly knew that on his 5th birthday his whole life would change but he did not know if it was for the better or for the worst, hence why he just decided to break his limits and be prepared for the worst.

Eventually eight months had passed. 40 weeks had passed. 240 days had passed. 5,760 hours had passed.

The next day the boy showed his status to his family and then was punched in the face by the family head - his father - and was thrown into an abandoned forest, in the middle of nowhere. He was a long way from home, no, he was a long way from his former home.

The boy already missed his older sister and mother because they were the only ones he truly felt kindness from, and he hadn't enough time to build a relationship with his father who rarely comes home from the frontline.

The boy stood up and thought:

"I'll survive and become so great that you would be begging for me to come back."

1