Chapter 96: Geared up, charge!
12.1k 23 343
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Okay, so first we need a better gun and a defensive item for Rika. A sturdy sniper rifle that didn't require her to reload her ammo during a fight.

An energy sniper rifle!

I scrolled through the list Klyscha showed me.

Recharger rifle with microfusion breeder. Only durable for 370 shots, it costed 9999KP.

NOPE.

Railgun… 194 kg… Too heavy for a delicate woman like Rika.

Kraber .50-cal sniper rifle… this thing required ammo.

Fuck, I just went with a cheap durable gun.

Kill Converter (Rank B): A magic gun crafted in dwarven lands.

Boy is it solid and reliable like the first-class prostitute—words of the creator.

—Bullet Creation (Active skill): Uses 2MP to fill the chamber with eight bullets. Has a cooldown of ten seconds.

—Kill shot (Passive skill): Every three kills increases the bullet’s damage by one percent and returns two bullets to the magazine at the cost 0.5MP. Can be stacked up to ten times.

(Price – 4999KP)

This dwarf creator was an outright creep or a man of culture. But the idea behind this gun was fun. Rika will never run out of ammo as long as she has mana. This was where the mana potions will come into play.

After buying it, I grabbed it from my ring. With a mixture of retro colors and wooden texture, this thing looked like a steampunk sniper rifle.

“Here, your new gun. No need to carry any ammo.”

Rika examined the gun with raised brows. “I love the design… it's super cool.”

“Glad you like it.”

She smiled and kissed my cheeks. “Aa-chan, you are so sweet.”

I sat back and browsed the armor list and found one that perfectly suited my taste.

Eternal Comfort (Rank B): Fitted with numerous skills, this outfit is designed to protect the wearer from any harm possible.

—Guardian garment (Passive skill): Reduces any inflicted damage by ten percent and makes the user immune to any curse and mental attack below C-Rank.

—Comfort zone (Passive skill): Consumes 10 MP to keep the user’s body temperature to their unconscious desires. One charge lasts for a day.

Additional MP can be used to keep it clean.

(Price – 4499KP)

This thing was a must-have for anyone. 10% damage reduction aside, it could negate mental status! An absolute beast, if by chance someone managed to create spells that attacked the consciousness.

I didn't need this passive skill since my High Human race made me immune to most mental attacks or so Klyscha had said. The same was true for anyone contracted with Diva since they protected their consciousness.

But the comfort of getting the best temperature… Yep, everyone was getting it.

I bought one for everyone. Yoko curiously eyed the rifle held in Rika’s hands. I sighed and bought one for her as well. She might become my woman, you know. Well, only if I manage to melt her frozen heart.

Klyscha took the freedom to design each piece for everyone’s taste. Everyone got their desired style. I got a black sweatshirt.

‘Show some accessories to boost a magician's power.’

A list popped up. Dragon God Orb, too expensive. Divine Wand, too expensive.

‘Hey, I don’t have one hundred thousand to buy this.’

(My love… fufufu.)

She changed the list and an affordable list came up. I chose the one with the best feature to price ratio.

Immortal Eye (Rank C): A bracelet carved with the bones of a troll and the single eye of a cyclops.

—Crystalized Mana (Passive skill): Every spell cast has a fifty percent chance to be twenty percent stronger.

—Recovery boost (Passive skill): Increases MP and HP recovery by fifty percent.

(Price – 2499KP)

It was a great product for Nao and Yuriko and it actually looked nothing like its name. I explained its features which caused the girls to gawk.

“Is that an antique?” Yuriko’s eyes gleamed. “Can I touch it?”

I took her right hand and clasped the ancient bracelet around her wrist. “It’s yours now.”

“Wow…” She whispered and scrutinized the bracelet, then showed a reluctant expression. “It must be expensive, right?”

“Still costs less than your life.”

Yuriko nodded with a sigh. “Thanks. I owe you another one… you will drown me in your favors one day.”

“Heh, anything for my cute mother-in-law.”

I bought the same thing for Saya, Nao, and Rika.

—x—x—x—

Soon, we set out with our respective teams. The base already had enough vehicles and Yoko brought more with her.

The sun glared down at the Humvee but my black sweatshirt made everything cool as a cucumber. Sitting beside Shizuka, who hummed a sweet song behind the steering wheel, I and Rini dueled in the console. Of course, I, the great weeb won 5 out of 6 games. But the cute loli cheered about one win rather than being sad about the five losses.

We switched to the classic fighting games where I won easily. Still, I rewarded her with some headpats.

An hour later, Rini crawled on my lap and closed her eyes. “Onii-san, Rini is sleepy.”

After some headpats, she fell asleep. I took out a silenced pistol and wrapped it under my stealth skill. Would it completely suppress the sound? Even a gun with a suppressor made a noise when fired.

The undead I shot had its head exploded without any noise.

[Stealth] also affected the sound, nice!

Stealth’ ranked up to D.

“We are about to enter Tokyo.”

“Okay.”

Tokyo, huh. The most populous city in entire Japan. It also made sense for more undead to be here.

Though my aim was not as good as Aimi or any other girl for that matter, missing any shot in this range was hard.

“Aa-kun, this is horrible…”

I turned my attention to the front. The bridge ended at a giant fence, behind which many survivors, including some soldiers, fought off the undead numbering in thousands.

Yes, thousands since the fence stretched endlessly, perhaps encompassing the entire Tokyo.

How did they build this?

It was my first time watching the soldiers dealing with the undead and I had to say their firepower kicked ass.

The grenades were tossed everywhere, the snipers tried to pick off the large ones but failed to bring them down with three or four bullets. The cunning ones used the smaller undead to block the hail of bullets. One even tossed an undead at the chopper where magicians cast spells.

It was a fuckfest.

Oh well, time to harvest XP!

favorite if you liked it!

343