Chapter 190: Offer
7.9k 11 245
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Astraea’s invitation took me by surprise. I couldn't help but shout, “Wait, what?!”

Astraea promptly nodded. I slapped my forehead and sighed. If only I took the aura suppressing pill before opening the door, I’d have joined a Familia. Last night, the sex with lovely ladies at the same time made me crazy in pleasure, leading me to oversleep in their comfortable warmth.

“Why do you even want to join a Familia?”

“It was your kindness, you know, the talk about justice raised my admiration for you.”

“Oh.” Loki smirked, distrusting my ‘kind’ intentions. “By the way, is Asahi Marikawa yer true name?”

“Yeah.”

“What were ya plannin’ to do by comin’ to Orario?”

“I was just here on vacation with my wives. Though, the monsters in the dungeon made me stay longer.”

“Vacation… Can ya imagine the chaos your existence will cause? Fuck that. Even the gods will flock over to invite ya, and try less than ‘polite’ ways if ya disagree.”

“You might spark Familia wars,” Astraea added.

I already predicted this happening. The entertainment hungry gods will do anything to recruit an irregular like me. It's not like I can go out and oppose everyone. It’ll become a vicious cycle of killing adventurers over and over. Nee-san wouldn't want to see me like that, nor would Nao and Yuriko.

“Well, I was hiding for that very reason. I didn't want to get into the political war of Orario. Still, no one will know it unless you two leak it.”

Loki gave a mischievous grin as she spun and plopped on the bed. “An’ why’d I do that?”

“My Lord, I can fix this one,” Grayfia said and pulled the hem of her black gloves, stretching the fabric stretched tautly. A cold smile rose on her face as she stepped toward the goddesses stiff in fear. “Say, would you—”

I pulled Grayfia back and rubbed her head. “No need to be forceful, Grayfia. I can handle them.”

“Yes, My Lord.”

“Phew.” Loki sighed. “You’re one scary maid. Join my Familia. I’ll pay double, no, triple of what he pays.”

Grayfia merely snorted at Loki’s attempt to tempt her.

“Loki, why are you here?”

She pointed at Astraea. “The same as Astraea. I planned to recruit ya and the girls before that perverted goddess of beauty.”

Perverted goddess of beauty… she must be talking about Freya.

Loki continued, “I don't know about Astraea, but I can keep this secret.”

Well, it was unexpected. Was she trying to screw me over? You can never trust anyone named Loki.

“I can too. It's the least I can do for Alise’s happiness,” Astraea said.

I raised my brows in skepticism. What did Alise have to do with this?

“Not the best option if ya ask me. Ya might wanna reveal yourself to Ouranos if ya ain't here to do somethin’ shady.”

Ouranos was an ancient god from Greek Mythology. The old man was affiliated with the guild. He never interfered with any Familia affair. Loki wanted me to reveal everything and get Ouranos’s support for the future. A decent option, but my hatred for greek gods refused to accept.

Loki shook her head exasperatedly as though guessing my answer. “My Familia is always open to ya and yer lovely ladies.”

“Thanks?”

Like hell I’m going to join if you show that perverted smile.

Astraea gave a gentle smile. “You’re also welcome in my Familia. I trust you and your companions. Please, don’t break it…”

She sure had a big heart to let me join. A god from another world with unknown powers and motives is a big red flag from their respective.

“An’ ya can also create a Familia by faking the god act,” Loki said. “Some gods are notorious for foolin’ others by hidin’ their divine aura.”

“It seems like a good idea,” Astraea said. “What will he do about the Falna part?”

Loki shushed Astraea. “Let him figure this one out,” she said, low voice.

Was this her attempt to test my abilities?

Creating my Familia… it might be a good experience. I could also train some warriors to fight in my wars. The problem was the power to give Falna.

‘Klyscha, can I do that blessing thing?’

(It's not that hard since my love already knows the hieroglyph. You need to learn more about Falna and how gods imbue it on someone’s back.)

Apollo could do that. He’ll get his punishment if he doesn't.

“I’ll think about it.”

“That’s good,” Loki replied and got up. “It’s time to go!”

“I should go too.”

I escorted the two goddesses to the door. As I entered the room, Nao threw her arms around me and nuzzled her face against my chest.

“You don't have to hold back because of me or anyone else, okay?”

I wrapped my arms around her. “I wasn’t holding back on anything.”

“Un.”

“What’s this about anyway?”

“I… nothing.”

Shiori snickered with her chin on Saeko’s shoulder. Rika ruffled my hair and went on to take a bath in the other room. Grayfia quietly cooked our breakfast with sagged shoulders. Is she still blaming herself? I need to console the sulking maid later. For now, I had to go to Heaven to meet God.

Nao left my hug and headed for the bath as well, followed by the twins.

“Grayfia,” I said, standing beside Grayfia. “It’s not your fault. I should’ve been more careful.”

She shook her head. “I chose a bad time to buy groceries. I wouldn’t have left My Lord to open the door.”

She was stubborn. Well, every one of my women was hard-headed to a level. Several headpats melted her troubles and pushed her to admit that everything was my mistake. I rewarded her with a lingering kiss. The maid almost burned our breakfast, imagining something lewd.

After breakfast, I headed out to DxD. The god already waited for me there with his sword. This man truly wished to make a masochist out of me...

Favorite if you liked it!

245