Chapter 209: Skull Sheep
7.3k 8 231
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"He vanished…?"

Astraea blinked her eyes in disbelief. She looked over his status paper again. There was no mention of space-related ability on it. She couldn't fathom the young man's abilities or the consequences if he became 'Evil'.

She looked at the women sharing his concern and shook off the thought. These girls wouldn't be this loyal if he was a twisted guy.

Well, only Nao was concerned. The rest chuckled as they chatted about something.

"Jeez, I didn't train to be left behind…" Nao muttered under her breath then smiled at Astraea. "Astraea-sama, he is just like that. Don't be upset at him."

"I'm not." Astraea shook her head. "I should get checked up."

"...I don't think you're ill," Nao said, a bit hesitant.

Astraea noticed her symptoms were already gone. "It saved me a trip. Familia… is a bit too lively—"

"Astraea-sama, I'm back!"

Alise walked in with a cheery grin with Ryuu following her back. "Man, people just love me so much that they want to join this Familia. It was hard to maintain the public order."

The rows of males waiting to join made Astraea smile bitterly. She never expected her Familia to be this popular. Most of them had no intentions to be helpful to Orario, only here for the girls. Her home had no place for them. She had invited Asahi to protect him from being exploited by other gods and to help Alise.

Ryuu ignored Alise and nodded at Astraea. "Astraea-sama, is everything alright? Your cheeks are a bit red."

"It's nothing." Astraea waved off her concern.

Alise looked around the room. "Where is he?"

"Dungeon."

Alise's frivolous atmosphere vanished as she narrowed her eyes at Saeko. "Why did you guys let him go alone?"

Saeko flashed a soft smile in response. "He'll return soon, so don't worry."

Astraea covered her mouth and giggled. "Alise, you're cute when you care for someone."

"Ehhh, what are you talking about him? I don't care for him or anything. Just looking out for a fellow Familia member."

Ryuu stared at blushing Alise, her eyes filled with disbelief. Astraea could understand her feelings. Alise became a bashful maiden at the mention of his name, nobody saw it coming. Perhaps this was inevitable considering Asahi's EX Charm development ability.

'The other girls have to be careful around him.'

Astraea thought as she looked at the girls whispering things.

"Are you ready?"

"Yep! I'm first!"

Today was going to be something unique.

—x—x—x—

[Asahi POV]

The scale of the space was far more enormous than any floor so far. A strange white color stuck to the ground, ceilings, and walls. The path beyond me was illuminated with dim light originating from phosphorescence laid out at equal intervals. Despite the overwhelming darkness, I still managed to discern the minuscule cracks that stretch on the bedrock ceiling about 400 meters away.

37th floor.

The maze of the undead monsters.

Nao had stopped here because of the scary undead. She wanted to come with me as if this was a horror show.

To check the efficiency of Falna, I must push myself. Nothing better than using brute power. Keeping my goal straight, I started my exploration. The dark cave remained eerily silent, returning my footsteps to me.

"Nao wasn't wrong in fearing this place."

Letting out a sigh, I picked up speed and dashed into the branching passages while keeping an eye for any monster with my Life Sense Skill.

Where are the monsters when I need them?

"Dungeon, give me!" I yelled at the ceiling.

As if hearing my prayer, a dot appears on my radar. I made a couple of turns in the maze and chased the monster. It made clacking sounds as it led me around in circles. As though trying to catch me off guard in its territory.

Another coward.

I stopped and swiveled my head in every direction, looking for the monster. A sharp gaze bored into my back. Dripping with enmity like I'm their archenemy.

Wait.

Just a bit.

It was creeping silently without hiding its raging bloodlust.

Idiot.

Just as a rustling sound came from behind, I whirled around and threw a punch.

*Crack!*

Its bony skull cracked into pieces before it smashed into the wall. As it slid back to the ground, I finally saw its form.

A sheep-like monster with bones protruding from its torn and rotten flesh. Without focus, I could only see its skull as its ragged skin melded perfectly into the darkness. It looked like a grim reaper while the bones gave the impression of a scythe.

I walked over to its shattered body and yanked it by the demon-like horns on its head.

An undead with skin like a robe to hide and suppress its footsteps. A natural assassin. Violet light slipped through the exposed part of its ribs. I smashed its rib bones with another punch. A glittering magic stone floated in its hollow insides.

Truly an undead.

The sheep flayed its hooves around and shot bones from its knees. I swiftly raised my hand to catch the lances intending to skewer my eye. My senses amplified from the hellish training by God and the instinct skill, I'd be a joke if it hit me at all.

I clenched its magic stone and yanked it out. The sheep let out a last shriek and crumbled into ashes.

[—You earned 3,120 XP for killing Level 24 Skull Sheep]

"Skull Sheep… These guys are no challenge," I sighed. "Can this dungeon even pose a challenge to me?"

(Actually… it can. At your current state, you can't become careless with the monsters on the 90th floor and after.)

'The girls will need to resort to their Diva Magic by then.'

(Everyone will grow plenty on the way… it might become a stomping ground for my love. God's training is making you pull out the true potential of your body and senses.)

'I know. I can feel the changes.'

Last time, the monsters had left a scratch on me even though they were weaker. This time, none of it happened.

I put the magic stone in my ring. A gift for Rini—that reminded me of the cruel rejection! She's still cooped in her room, unwilling to meet me.

*Clack!* *Clack!* *Clack!*

By a stroke of luck, four undead sheep interrupted me.

I cracked my knuckles with a grin. "Feel the wrath of a brother rejected by his imouto!"

The sheeps pawed the ground with their hooves and flew at me. With perfect coordination, they surrounded my sides. The ones on my sides opened their mouth, revealing rows of dirty fangs. The one in front and back shot lances at my back and heart.

Just before their teeth sank into my shoulders, I grabbed its head and spun it around, smacking all the undead sheep.

As if I'll let them dirty my clothes before meeting the girls of Astraea Familia.

I dashed to the nearest monster and stomped its ribs, pulling out its magic stone with telekinesis.

[—You earned 2,990 XP for killing Level 23 Skull Sheep]

The other three clacked their teeth, froze in their place. A sharp shriek left their throats before they bolted in different directions.

These coward fuckers!

Favorite if you liked it!

231