Chapter 236: Maya’s date
6.5k 12 234
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Maya came out of the mansion, the burning sun made her squint. She had already applied the sunscreen on her body before coming here. Everybody had warned her about the heated weather in the city. At times like these, she envied Grayfia’s sun immunity skill.

Asahi put a straw hat on her head. “There. Gotta save your skin from tan.”

‘Doesn’t Onii-sama like tan?’

She had seen how much he adored Rika and Leme. She shook her head. Tan or not, he tried his best to give equal attention to his lovers.

Maya peered at her front. The bustling streets were full of pedestrians and adventurers of various races chattering and exchanging smiles. Orario was every bit as vibrant as Maya imagined it to be; it was very different from the neat, cold streets where people just minded their own business.

Maya quietly clutched Asahi’s hand and intertwined her fingers with his big fingers. Her heart accelerated from the warmth.

“Let’s grab some Jagamarukun.”

“Jagamarukun, yeah. Shiori-san boasted about the snack being nice and spicy.”

“Yep, that. Tell me if you like something on the way.”

“Understood.”

Asahi led her to the massive square area with pristine statues. They found a food stall a few steps ahead. Asahi ordered for both of them. The seller even offered them extras with a wide smile, saying Asahi was a regular here and many girls started eating here because of him. The latter part made Maya chuckle.

“Here.” Asahi took the wrapped piece of snack and gave it to Maya. Maya so wanted to take one and share it with him as a gesture of intimacy, but she couldn’t say anything. She took it, ducked her head, and started munching on the spicy snack.

“Natsumi’s home is close…” Asahi muttered, wiping his face with a napkin. “Maya, let’s take a detour. I’ll show you something cool.”

Natsumi? Rika casually mentioned the name once. Nobody revealed much detail about her, so Maya assumed the woman to be a female from Asahi’s old world.

‘Who is she?’

Maya’s lips curved. She loved mysteries and solving them stuffed her chest.

The destination was only three streets away. A giant mansion that could perhaps be a classic antique. The beastkin guard opened the door, smiling as if they were familiar with Asahi.

“Captain is having a talk with Apollo-sama in the garden.”

Apollo? The Greek god?’

“Alright. We’re going in.”

Asahi led Maya inside. She glanced at the lush garden in admiration. Her eyes stopped on the man and woman sitting there with a table separating them.

The brunette’s face lit up with joy. “Master!”

The man also got up and gave a forced smile. The look of terror in his eyes was so apparent. Maya was curious about what Asahi did to instill this terror in a man.

“Ma—Asahi. And young lady, who might you be?”

Asahi glared at him. Apollo ducked his head and scurried away. Maya was speechless at his cowardice. Wasn’t he supposed to be Apollo, the sun god?

“Natsumi, any news?”

“Master, there is. Someone has been spreading rumors about the Evilus members hiding around the 25th floor of the dungeon. I couldn’t find the person doing it, which makes it shadier.”

‘Evilus? Rumors?’

“I see. Try to find more information. I’ll check that floor myself.”

“No, Master. I was discussing with Apollo about going there. I know Master can kill them as easily as stepping on a bug… I want to help Master in dealing with small problems like them.”

Natsumi looked as determined as a soldier ready to go to the battlefield. Maya had felt the same from her father when he talked about avenging her. This prompted Maya to take another look at the woman. She seemed to be a woman in her late twenties with long, unkempt coffee brown hair. Standing at an envious height, her curvaceous figure was hidden in a loose blue shirt and black skirt. Maya groaned inwardly. Rini had achieved a perfect figure in two days, yet she hadn’t changed much after working her ass off in the gym.

‘I hope my race was Monster like Rini.’

“Are you sure?” Asahi asked calmly.

“Hundred percent,” Natsumi replied.

“Then go ahead. First things first. You aren’t allowed to die. Your slave life is a thousand times more useful than some evil spreading mobs, got that?”

Asahi’s words took Maya back. She hadn’t seen him this solemn after that incident, the one that made her head over heels for him.

‘She is a slave? Onii-sama enslaved a woman? She must’ve done something really horrible to deserve this treatment.’

Still, Asahi seemed to care for Natsumi, or he wouldn’t warn her of the danger.

‘Seriously Onii-sama, you’re too kind sometimes!’

 Natsumi lowered her head until her chin touched her collarbone. “Yes, Master. I won’t disappoint you.”

Maya nodded at her admirable determination and loyalty. Such servants were rare to encounter in her world. That’s why the clans raised their own servants to make them utterly loyal to their cause.

Asahi turned around to leave.

“Little sis, good luck on your date,” Natsumi whispered.

Maya looked over her shoulder and smiled. “Thank you.”

Maya inquired some details about Natsumi from Asahi. Walking on the streets, he revealed the incident that happened in his world. Maya couldn’t have believed it if Asahi didn’t say it. But she blindly trusted anything Asahi said.

(My love is right about people in love being blind.)

‘Klyscha-sama, you should know how much I love him now. I can’t help it after he accepted me so easily!’

(We’re in the same boat, Maya-chan. You should attack him today. He won’t be able to resist a loli’s attack.)

‘I-I want to, you know. But my promise; it is holding me back.’

(Screw promises. Everything is fair in love and war. Just sneak into bed tonight and slide his divine cock inside your hole. He will do the rest.)

‘A-Are you sure it’ll work?’

(Sheeeesh. Who am I?)

‘...Marikawa household’s first wife.’

(You think I’ll give you terrible advice?)

‘Never… I’ll think about it.’

She had imagined multiple times how their first time would go. The scenario Klyscha mentioned was one of them. She was a bit ashamed of thinking of forcing herself on Asahi.

“What’s going on in your pretty little head?”

“Nothing, Onii-sama. I am just happy to be here.”

“Oh.”

Favorite if you liked it!

234