Chapter 285: Divine Mirror
5.8k 19 227
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“A handsome one came,” a rough voice greeted them. “The eye candy of Astraea Familia. Just my type of man.”

A shudder passed through Asahi. He shakily looked at the woman standing behind Ishtar.

‘Oh fuck. It’s Phryne!’

A cute name that didn’t suit her at all. Seeing her behind the screen was different from seeing her in person. She was scarier and more brute-looking, on the same level as the abomination named Mil-tan!

Ishtar smiled and stretched her long legs before propping them on the table. She acted like a majestic queen, not a goddess cowering for mercy.

“Welcome to Belit Babili. How may I help you?”

Loki skipped toward Ishtar and settled on the luxurious couch on Ishtar’s side. She picked an apple from the table and took a bite out of it. “Here to… uhmm, judge a goddess affiliated with Evilus.”

“Oh, who would that be?”

“Who else but ya.” Loki rolled her eyes. “Let us send ya peacefully.”

“Nobody is touching Ishtar,” Phryne roared. “Get your ass out of here if you wanna live… leave this boy for me.”

Alise stepped in front of Asahi. “Not a chance. You gotta find a different man to screw.”

Phryne narrowed her eyes. “He’s your man, huh?”

Alise’s mind stopped for a moment. She glanced back at Asahi. “N-No. You got it all wrong. He is Astraea-sama’s lover.”

“Congratulations,” Ishtar said with a pleased smile. “On finally getting a decent lover. Let’s celebrate.”

Asahi patted Alise’s shoulder before stepping toward Ishtar. “Can you drop this act? It’s getting annoying. Buying time like this is a joke to your divine pride.”

“Pride…” Ishtar stared at him, her eyes shining like a pair of amethyst gems. She had concentrated every bit of her divine charm. The wave of charm crashed into Asahi, doing nothing other than deepening his frown.

“Sorry. I already got a harem,” he said, eyes full of pity.

Ishtar blankly eyed Asahi and others. Asahi’s rejection of her charm was quite expected, but the other women in the room didn’t get affected by it. She had charmed amazoness, the fiercest warriors of Telskyura.

All people of the human world, including monsters and even the gods, shouldn’t have the power to escape the Charm of the Goddess of Beauty. And yet, here three humans and one elf canceled her overwhelming power like it was nothing.

Absolute defeat.

She felt her beauty dwindling. Her pride being crushed beneath their feet.

Her body shook with sheer rage and humiliation.

“Nobody mocks me.”

Ishtar’s voice exploded from her throat.

Tammuz had never seen her goddess lose herself in anger like this. He rushed to his goddess’s side. “Lady Ishtar… please… don’t lose your composure.”

Ishtar heard her man’s voice and calmed down. Yes, she had a plan that didn’t rely on using her charm.

A plan to devastate Astraea without any force.

Phryne glanced down at Ishtar. “This is a waste of time.”

Ishtar sneakily motioned at Tammuz, who in turn moved a few steps and tossed a silver ball through the open window.

Phryne gripped the handle of her battle-ax and walked toward Asahi. She built momentum with each step before propelling her massive frame in Alise’s direction. Only the Scarlet Harnel was strong enough to warrant caution, so she was taking her down first.

“Haaaap!”

Raising a war cry, she slashed down. The silver blade of the ax almost tore the sound barrier.

Alise was about to dodge the surprise attack, but Asahi’s figure appeared before her, shielding her from the sight of the massive blob woman. Asahi stuck out his right arm. Phryne felt like her blade met a hard boulder instead of Alise’s shoulder.

“What…?”

Phryne’s eyes stretched to their limits. Asahi had pinched the silver blade with his fingers. The momentum behind her was muffled with no effort. The boy she thought of as a greenhorn was scarier than other people.

Asahi’s eyes narrowed in a frown as he clenched his left fist. “You don’t sneak attack my people.”

With a soft declaration, he drove his fist into Phryne’s toad face. The woman flew above Ishtar and wrecked the tower wall. The balcony saved her from falling. Well, her endurance was enough to survive a fall from a hundred meters with a little scratch.

“Heh.” Ishtar glanced away from Phryne and a small laugh escaped her lips. She flashed a charming smile. A smile that hid a sinister side.

“You did it!”

Ishtar’s jubilant voice echoed throughout the chamber.

A bad premonition enveloped Loki while Asahi relived the feeling from earlier this morning.

—Someone was watching them. This time with chaotic intentions.

“Thanks for showing your true strength, boy. To me, and—”

Ishtar pointed at the ceiling.

Loki looked up and her body froze. Astraea was the same. The goddesses felt the familiar sensation of being observed from the unknown.

“—to my allied gods.”

Ishtar boasted a triumphant grin. She had done it. The gods infatuated with her had seen Asahi knocking out Phryne in one blow.

This was the best use out of the Divine Mirror every deity could use with arcanum. The only godly power allowed by Ouranos. Originally, a tool that allowed a god to observe their children’s activities. However, she used it to expose Asahi to the group of gods dancing on her palm.

This was her victory.

Favorite if you liked it!

227