Chapter 296: Fear
6.2k 15 215
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Shopping District of Orario, one building proudly stood out from all others. It was a palace with a giant ornate door similar to the ones seen in old temples. Surrounded by a spacious lawn and high walls on all sides, the building seemed to be isolated from its surroundings.

Everybody in the district knew it as the home of the most powerful Familia in Orario.

Folkvangr, the home of Freya Familia.

The highest level of the palace was coated in silver. The design was a resemblance to a moon. Freya sat at the very back of an open chamber, staring at the catman, who was kneeling on one knee before her. Her eyes never left the white bandage around his left bicep.

“How did you get injured?”

Allen lifted his head. “Assassins. Possibly a level 5.”

Freya could feel the anger in his voice. “Did you ask Amaterasu about the assassination?”

Allen shook his head. “I couldn’t. Amaterasu refused to meet me. The rumors of her tyranny are true. The Far East has become the second Rakia now.”

A nation-type Familia.

Freya merely smiled at the news. “She was always an unruly one. What about the task I sent you for?”

“I asked for the Gojouno clan’s help. They couldn’t find anyone with the Marikawa family name.”

Allen omitted the way he convinced Gojouno Family into searching for Asahi’s family. A simple statement of “Your princess is mingling with this noble prince.” was enough to get them riled up for a thorough search of Asahi Marikawa.

Unknown to him, the Gojouno clan’s search had just started.

“I was right,” Freya murmured with a smile. “Asahi didn’t come from the Far East.”

His skill to hide his soul was too precious. No gods in the Far East would let go of a talent like him.

‘This Denatus would be very… interesting.’

The prospect of a potential war between Orario and the Far East had held her back until now. Now that she was assured nobody in the Far East supported him, she could make her move on Asahi.

Her lips twisted into a wide smirk.

She was going to tear down the cloak hiding his soul.

***

The crafting lessons had been nothing major. God told him it was better to see it in person than learning it. Since it was already late evening in Orario, he returned and headed straight to Astraea’s room.

*Knock!* *Knock!*

Astraea opened the door and let him inside. He started taking off his shirt, sending the goddess into a stupor.

“W-What are you doing?”

Astraea didn’t think her moment would come this soon. Her heart wasn’t prepared for this.

Unknown to her unease, Asahi said, “Huh? I’m here to get a status update.”

“Oh, that…” She blushed at the lewd misunderstanding. “Lie down.”

“Unless,” Asahi trailed off, and grinned. “You want to do that.”

“Not y-yet. It’s too soon…”

“Well, take your time. I’m in no rush.”

Astraea frowned at his nonchalant words. “I don’t attract you in that way?”

Asahi chuckled. “Jeez. I wouldn’t have confessed if I wasn’t attracted to you. I’m just being a gentleman here. Honestly, I want to push you down right now and grope this soft body of yours.”

“O-Okay. You didn’t need to say that…” Astraea giggled awkwardly hearing his true desires. “I apologize for misunderstanding your intentions...”

She really thought he came here to have sex.

Asahi sighed at her rather stiff behavior. It was to be expected as it was her first attempt at a relationship. She might need some time to open up and become familiar with this whole love thing.

Asahi sat down with his back facing her. She gently rubbed his back, a little surprised at how wide it looked. The back of a man carrying the expectations and dreams of several women. It needed to be wide enough to carry the expectations and dreams of his lovers.

She shook her head and updated his status, bringing out a row of notifications for Asahi.

[Falna updated. Status is updating to reflect the changes…]

[Strength +8, Constitution +5, Defense +5, Dexterity +5, Magic +4]

‘Not bad.’

Asahi thought and looked over his shoulder. The goddess was silent, her eyes wide in shock.

“Astraea?”

“This…”

Astraea quickly copied the status on a paper and gave it to him.

Asahi Marikawa

  Level Two

  Strength: EX-1850

  Endurance: EX-1500

  Dexterity: EX-1380

  Agility: EX-1400

  Magic: EX-1470

Every parameter was EX. It surprised Astraea as well as gave her concerns for the future. She definitely couldn’t let anyone see this at any cost. Even getting simple S-class stats was nearly impossible unless one’s race had a natural affinity for it. Like a dwarf’s strong body could turn into high endurance and strength while an elf’s had high chances of obtaining high magic.

“You’re abnormal.”

It was all she could say about her lover.

“That’s not how you praise my efforts.”

Astraea patted his back. “You did well… child.”

Asahi turned around and grabbed her hands. Astraea dodged his sharp eyes, and her gaze fell on his bare chest. She had never focused too much on his body until today. They were close enough to feel each other’s breath.

“Can’t look at your child now?” Asahi provoked with a grin and slowly wrapped his arms around her. “You can hug me if you want.”

Her soft boobs were pressed against his chest. Astraea could feel his scent, his hard, impeccable muscles. Her heart went ham from the sensuality of this situation. She carefully slid his arms around his bare skin and placed her head on his chest.

“Why are you so warm?”

His embrace was warmer than Hephaestus and Hestia.

Asahi gently caressed her back. “You like it?”

“Yeah...”

The two stayed in the position for several moments until Astraea broke the silence.

“I want you to level up.”

Asahi blinked at her rather confusing desire. “Any reason?”

“The deities with Ishtar. I fear one of them might expose you. They will check your status first to confirm…”

“I might get another EX-class parameter tomorrow.”

He was going to spend more hours in the dungeon tomorrow. Getting an EX-class parameter wasn’t that hard from the powerful monsters he faced.

“What do we do?” Astraea asked, her voice sounding a little desperate, and her body trembling in his embrace.

Asahi soothed her worries with headpats. “I’m not afraid. So, you shouldn’t be. Don’t forget we have Loki and Hephaestus on our side. In the worst-case scenario, I’ll silence them with my strength.”

“...I’m worried for the innocent people… the number of fatalities in the last war was above two thousand. I don’t want it to happen again.”

“No wonder you get along with Grayfia,” Asahi whispered. “You both hate innocents dying in war and stuff.”

“Grayfia also hates it?” Astraea asked. Grayfia never told much about herself, and she was curious to know more about the all-powerful maid.

“She is the princess of a devil clan. She thinks I’d be a better ruler and wants me to conquer her homeland.”

“Wasn’t your world filled with zombies? There are also devils?”

“Grayfia isn’t from my world.”

“Oh, makes sense now. Umm, why did a princess become your maid?”

She had read stories of commoner girls and maids becoming princesses, but never the other way around.

He told tidbits of Grayfia’s past and her mother being a maid. Astraea had already accepted to become one of his lovers. He’d have to tell her this sooner or later.

After a few more sweet whispers, Astraea leveled him up.

[You learned a new skill ‘Luck’]

The level up gave him a brand new skill!

Favorite if you liked it!

215