Chapter 427: Meeting Yasaka
4.4k 8 165
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Usually, the Youkai town would be chirping with life during this time. Today, however, no silhouette could be seen on the streets.

In the central mansion of the town, the silence was prevalent throughout, even in the chamber occupied by Yasaka and many other figures. A biting silence like the frosty gales of winter.

Yasaka was facing a handsome man defined by his dense beard. The evil dragon Orochi slayer. The silence was brought forth by his suffocating aura.

“Isn’t he late?” Susanoo asked. “Shouldn’t the representative of Heaven be exercising the virtue of diligence?”

He had come here as the sole representative of Shinto Gods. Not to sit around.

Yasaka sighed. “I cannot speak for Heaven’s representative.”

“She cannot, but I can.”

The answer wasn’t from anyone in the room. All the eyes turned to the thin wooden sheet that slid, revealing a trio of individuals leaking no aura as if they were normal people. Nobody took them for normal, especially the blonde with white feathery wings.

“Did we come to some funeral?” asked the woman with dark violet hair and tanned skin. “It’s not my fault. So don’t give me that look!”

“I won’t refute you this time. This place looks dead.” Asahi shook his head and gave the place another look, his eyes stopping on the blonde kitsune wearing a black elegant kimono. She was sitting formally in a seiza stance, a clump of fluffy tails behind her rarely moving.

‘Geez.’

Yasaka’s stoic face failed to betray any emotion. On the inside, however, the kitsune woman was struggling with numerous questions.

‘His aura… is like a dragon. Who is he? Why is he accompanying an archangel?’

Every kitsune in the room felt the same friendliness oozing from Asahi. A passive effect of his monster tamer class against non-hostile monsters.

Half aware of Yasaka’s thoughts, Asahi smiled at the kitsune beside Yasaka. “Hey.”

Tamako, the kitsune he previously saved, returned the gesture. “Asahi-dono…” her voice was low, but quite clear in the quiet room. “You are acquainted with Heaven’s representative?”

Gabriel gave a wide grin. “Asahi is my fiancé and will soon become the leader of Heaven.”

Modesty wasn’t one of Gabriel’s virtues.

Hearing Asahi’s name, Yasaka immediately got up and bowed her head. “Without your help, many Youkai wouldn’t be among us. You did a great favor to my people. For it, you have my utmost gratitude.”

Asahi chuckled. “Oh, that was nothing. I assure you nothing like that will happen again under my watch.”

“Who are you to promise that?” said the god with the presence of a god and golden eyes of a beast glaring at Asahi. “Do the filthy devils ask your permission before they step into our territories?”

Asahi shook his head in disappointment. The god of the storm was a far cry from his polite counterpart in Orario. “As a matter of fact, they do. The Underworld is now my territory, and I am its ruler.”

Yasaka turned to Tamako, who shook her head, implying her ignorance to Asahi’s claim as the Ruler of the Underworld.

Susanoo frowned. “What? When did Underworld—no, kid, stop joking, or I’ll beat the pulp out of you.”

Susanoo didn't fear anyone in Japan, his territory.

“D-Do not speak ill of my husband.” Gabriel’s reply was faster than Asahi. She spread her sacred wings as though trying to appear more intimidating. “I-I’m warning you.”

Asahi’s heart almost melted from Gabriel’s sweetness. She had never antagonized anyone in her life, despite being an introvert, she was doing her best to defend his name.

Susanoo’s mouth parted slightly. Out of all the people in the room, he never expected Gabriel to speak like this. Even so, he didn’t exactly feel offended by such childish remarks.

“God must be stupid to send you as his envoy. Dumb angel—” Susanoo paused, feeling his voice jam in his throat.

With a wide-eyed gaze, he saw the young man’s right before him. He couldn’t even see Asahi move, much less anticipating an attack from him. Asahi’s hand on Susanoo’s throat slowly tightened while his grin grew wider.

Susanoo shivered under the storm of killing intent. His mind was blank, not letting him cast any aura to repel Asahi. He felt like death was looking at him. Even the evil dragon Yamata-no-Orochi wasn’t this formidable.

“I have yet to kill a god. Do you want to be the first?” Asahi calmly asked.

(My love, don’t be perverted!)

Klyscha’s abrupt remark diffused his fury. Loosening his grip, Asahi looked at Yasaka, who was approaching him. She bowed her head along with other Youkai.

“Asahi-dono, I implore you to spare Susanoo-kami… Killing a Shinto God in Youkai’s territory will spell doom for our race…”

Yasaka was in no way supportive or against Asahi’s decision to kill Susanoo. The god had only brought troubles to her territory. She only let them join today to face the devils together. Such underhanded tactics weren’t her favorite, but she did what she could to keep her people safe. She wouldn’t have called them if she knew Asahi would come to represent devils.

“Don’t spare him,” Ddraig voiced her own judgment. “Fool should die.”

Rika rolled her eyes at Yasaka’s request. “He was begging for this, though. I’ll let him deal with this unruly god.”

“I also don’t want trouble with Shinto gods.” Asahi lightly pushed Susanoo. “So disappear.”

Susanoo took a moment to stabilize his breathing. Raising his gaze, he gritted his teeth. “I believe you now. You’re the ruler of the devils now. But you will regr—”

A crimson streak distracted Susanoo. Feeling a tingle, he looked down to find a crimson spear sticking out of his chest. He opened his mouth to ask for help, only to choke on his own blood. His mouth became filled with red blood.

Yasaka couldn’t bear to look at him and turned away. She was already thinking about how to deal with the consequences of Susanoo’s death.

“Farewell, God of Storms,” Asahi said as he pulled back Gae Bolg.

Asahi may be Japanese from his heart, but he wasn’t fond of anyone insulting Gabriel. The Shinto Pantheon was not big enough to warrant any respect from him. He was already known as a tyrant. He might as well roll with the image to stop the deities from bothering him in the future.

Susanoo slowly fell on his back and collapsed in his own blood.

That escalated fast xD. Favorite if you liked it!

165