Chapter 429: Preparation
4.2k 8 163
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having his share of fun, Asahi gave the phone to Yasaka. She had learned enough to call him through the speed dial. He headed straight to the Dimensional Gap where Ophis seemed to be waiting for him.

“Hey.”

Unknown to Asahi, Ophis had teleported here as soon as she sensed him. “Asahi… came to fight?”

“Yeah, where is Great Red?”

“She is…” Ophis’ eyes became unfocused as if she was peering into a place far away. “Hiding somewhere.”

“Looks like she hasn’t finished her stuff. It’s been so long though… let’s find her.”

Ophis shook her head. “We can’t… Dimensional Gap… endless.”

Asahi heard Ophis muttering things like impossible and patted her head. “Don't you worry about that. I’ll find her.”

He grabbed her hand and flew with his eyes closed. After a few moments, Asahi stopped in his way and frowned.

(Did you feel that?)

‘My instincts aren’t helping me here…’

(The Dimensional Gap is hiding Great Red… think of it as Great Red using EX-rank stealth skill.)

‘No wonder I couldn’t sense her...’

Asahi didn’t charge aimlessly. Instead, he spread the net of his Life Sense skill. The skill’s reach was far from probing a vast place such as the Dimensional Gap.

(My love, I can buy—)

‘I can handle it. I just need to level up the skill… Or I can go a different route.’

He wasn't under any pressure to find Great Red. Troubling Klyscha over it seemed wrong.

(You don’t mean to do that…)

‘I’ll be a father soon. Let me be a responsible man.’

Asahi morphed into the Wind Elemental form and created a solid platform for himself. An unreasonable but necessary step towards finding a comfortable position.

‘Time for nerdy stuff.’

He took a deep breath and let the ‘Multithreaded Processing’ skill dig into the secrets of the ‘Life Sense’ skill. 

Klyscha had previously explained the ‘concept’ of skills. A skill usually performed a certain action with the power of mana. It essentially allowed someone to directly use specific elements or laws without having a clue about their inner workings.

Using a skill was very much like pressing a gun trigger. The gun would fire regardless of your understanding of the gunpowder ignition. Right now, he was learning the chain reactions that followed after pulling a trigger; in other words, he was grasping the very core rule of the skill.

A process that required an excruciating amount of comprehension to pull off. His excessive stats and ‘Multithreaded Processing’ more than fulfilled the requirement to do such an absurd thing.

He had to go through this sooner or later if he wanted to go beyond his limits. After all, the skills and their ranks would hinder him. He couldn't rely on endless repetition to level up skills.

Soon, he entered a focused state where the range of his Life Sense skill slowly but surely increased.

Ophis stared at Asahi in utter confusion. ‘What is he doing? Casting some spell…?’

She chalked it up to Asahi casting a special spell to find out Great Red’s location. She quietly settled beside him on the platform and observed him.

“You can do it…” she whispered.

She felt a tickle on her head as a breeze caressed her head. Her encouragement hadn’t gone unnoticed. Her lips curled up.

***

While Asahi worked on improving, Great Red was enhancing herself in a different way. A red egg floated before Great Red.

“It’s almost ready.” Great Red cackled and turned her head towards a certain direction. “You shouldn’t have challenged me, kid.”

The egg was but a percent of her entire body, even so, she was so proud of it. Why couldn’t she be proud of the thing she created with all the knowledge she had amassed (copied) from countless gods and mortals.

The egg was a product of both her knowledge and her immense skill in body creation.

‘I should change, or he will call me a coward.’

Great Red looked at the egg and her eyes closed gently. As her body became lighter, the egg that sheltered the new body of Great Red began to glow.

The body switching process started.

***

Meanwhile, in the Youkai Realm, a certain kitsune shrine maiden was contemplating something important with a quill in her hand. The parchment was blank, seamlessly reflecting the state of its possessor.

‘Is it too much if I send Susanoo’s body?’

On one hand, it would be outrageous to send Susanoo’s dead body to the Shinto Pantheon. The other option was cremating Susanoo herself, giving her more time to prepare for the upcoming conflict.

‘No, I can’t do that… It’s too cruel.’

Her morals clashed with the best strategy.

Yasaka was in a dilemma.

She put down the quill and shook her head. “I have to let go of my morals and think about my people. Their survival should come first.”

With a sigh, she picked up the phone gifted by the Devil King and fiddled with it.

‘Touching my tails… he is a lecherous ruler.’

He was still more courteous than Susanoo for not forcing his desires upon her people, which he could easily do with his power.

Yasaka felt more relieved once she recalled his promise to protect her people.

Favorite if you liked it!

163