Chapter 435: Sad?
4.5k 9 157
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Great Red possessed the ability to dive into dream worlds for as long as she could remember.

Did she come to be when the first sentient lifeform had a dream?

Has she existed since the beginning of the universe?

Her memories weren’t as vivid; there wasn’t anything worth remembering in her life. But today’s event was different. She fought tooth and nail with perhaps the strongest man in the universe. An unstoppable force who relentlessly toyed with her.

The struggle wasn’t without its reward. Asahi experienced every step of this change firsthand. Not only did she match him blow to blow, she could foresee his attacks and properly counterattack.

He had played the biggest part in her improvement.

[Class ‘Mentor’ can be unlocked.]

(My love, you’re the best mentor!)

“Timeout!” Great Red yelled and retreated a couple of meters in one jump. “Listen to me for one second. Why are you helping me, the person you have to defeat?”

“Why are you asking the question after you’ve taken all the lessons?”

Great Red scratched the back of her head. “I didn’t notice it until I was getting good with my moves… then I just went with the flow? What about you?”

Asahi shrugged. “I also went with the flow.”

“We both became stupid at the same time.” Great Red laughed. “Okay! I’m pumped now. I’ll end this—”

Asahi was in her face before she finished whatever she was speaking. He formed a fist and smashed it in her chest. It was the same spot Asahi had targeted with his spear over and over.

*Crack* *Crack* *Crack*

The scales on Great Red’s chest crumbled, revealing red flesh wrapped in flames.

“You lost,” he announced, his finger pointing at her flesh sparkled with deadly lightning. “Say it or I’ll be forced to burn your insides, which I really don’t want to do right now.”

Great Red sighed. Asahi had taught her so much in just one day. Not to mention, he had utterly destroyed her in a fair fight.

She turned towards Ophis, who had just teleported to their side with a triumphant expression on her face. The Dragon God of Infinity was fully relishing Great Red’s defeat.

“Little dragon god, I accept my defeat. Let’s leave here first before the explosion kills us!”

Ophis’s snakes barely kept the world from erupting into chaos. Ophis nodded blankly as her face returned to neutral. 

The trio relocated to the Dimensional Gap, where Great Red’s body drifted.

“Thank you… Asahi,” Ophis said as she glanced up at him.

Asahi rubbed her head. “Then why the long face?”

It seemed all the joy earlier was from giving Great Red a taste of defeat. She didn’t show any ounce of joy from taking her home back.

“Long face?” Ophis touched her face. “It’s not long. I’m cute… you said that.”

The dragon god had learned how to act cute.

“My race is doomed with a god like that…” Ddraig wasn’t happy at the revelation.

While Great Red began to repair the scales on her armor, Asahi pulled Ophis aside on a couch.

“This place is yours now, Ophis. But you don’t seem to want it anymore.”

“I want it… it’s home.”

“You don’t look happy.”

He was persistent in getting an answer out of Ophis. It seemed as if Ophis’s obsession with the Dimensional Gap had ceased to exist. What was her new obsession? Asahi wasn’t giving up before digging out the secret!

Ophis remained silent as if she was having a bout of confusion in her head.

“Stop messing with Ophis,” Great Red threatened Asahi. “Your win is temporary. I shall defeat you soon and reclaim my territory.”

Great Red had recognized her strengths and weaknesses. Her biggest strength was her raw power that forced Asahi to retreat many times. Her biggest weakness was her techniques, movements, and battle experience. Asahi simply outclassed her in these areas. So, she was going to improve then beat him up.

Asahi ignored Great Red and pulled Ophis’ cheeks. “Why are you sad?”

Ophis thought for a moment and shook her head. “I don’t know…”

She truly had no idea why she was unhappy with this outcome.

“That’s alright. I want you to think more about it and give me an answer next time. If I like the answer you will get a new game.”

Ophis nodded. “Game good.”

Great Red grabbed his hand. “You aren’t going anywhere. We are fighting until I beat you.”

Asahi gave her a blank stare. “Stop those snobbish remarks before I smack your ass.”

Great Red felt a chill run down her spine. Asahi was dead serious about his statement. How could he not when she was trying to order him around like he was her servant?

“Stupid Red, Asahi stronger. You’re weak.”

Asahi got up and smacked Great Red’s steel-like head. “I beat you fair and square. Doesn’t that make me the alpha of your kind? If so, you have to obey my orders. Not the other way around.”

It was Great Red’s turn to stare in a daze. Technically, Asahi was right. He had beaten her not just once, but on two occasions.

“Never! I’ll follow someone!” Great Red yelled and disappeared in a rift.

“What the?” Asahi sighed. “She is stupid indeed. Ophis, I’ll be leaving for some time. Come to Heaven if you feel bored.”

“Un.”

‘Ddraig, remember our bet?’ Asahi asked with an evil chuckle. ‘I won. How easy.’

“Yes, you did… what do you want?”

‘I… want to see you in a maid dress.’

“Maid dress? What is that?”

(My love, don’t worry. I’ll beat sense into this ignorant dragon.)

‘Good girl.’

(Hehe.)

“I feel chills here… can I spend a few days at Tiamat’s house?”

Ddraig would rather face Tiamat than get dragged into Klyscha’s evil scheme.

(No rest for the weak! Come, let me show you that, hehehe.)

Favorite if you liked it!

157