Chapter 472-473: Curiosity
4.1k 7 145
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nyx tried to communicate with Hades in her palace. When the communication device failed to connect, a frown appeared on her young face, which was opposite of her majestic status.

‘What happened to Hades?’

For him to go silent in the early stage of their world domination plan, something must have happened. Nyx felt unease as she thought about it.

Jet black aura surrounded her as she flew out of her palace. “Brother, I’m going to Hell!”

“Fine,” Erebus replied, unconcerned.

Nyx took the long way down to Hell from the base of Mount Olympus. Hell looked even more dead than usual without any life presences within miles. After flying for a couple of seconds, she came across a pit so massive that it made Olympus look small in comparison. She sensed the lingering traces of fire.

“Hades is up to his usual shenanigans.”

She shook her head, wondering why Hades hadn’t noticed her yet. Usually he would send some grim reaper to escort her to his palace, which was too extravagant for the realm for dead souls. Since that was the case, she had to go there alone.

So she explored Hades’ palace and came across a pile of grim reaper’s corpses. She couldn't find Hades anywhere. Hades most likely perished in the fight that resulted in gauging a pit in Hell.

Nyx felt her scalp becoming numb. Someone murdered the famed God of Dead and his Grim Reapers legion in his own realm. That too before Hades could contact anyone. Even Hades’ archnemesis Biblical God would find it hard to accomplish this task. Hades was a master magician, so escaping an undefeatable foe was easy for him.

‘What type of overwhelming power did Hades offend?’

She could only think of two individuals who had the power to erase a utterly strong god like Hades.

The Dragon Gods.

‘No, they won’t interfere in our trivial matters… Was it him, the Devil Emperor guy Hades was so worried about?’

Nyx decided to pay him a visit with her brother. Even if the Devil Emperor killed Hades, he wouldn’t kill them in front of everyone.

‘I’ll send Thanatos to deliver a notice.’

For someone of her status and power, it was better to notify the other party lest it caused unwanted misunderstandings.

***

Orario, Dungeon.

Wyverns came and perished under Alise’s flaming sword.

Wyverns came, saw the silver flash of Ais’s sword, and vanished.

Wyverns came, watched the verdant orbs of Ryuu’s magic, and lost their heads.

Even on the floors below eighty, things went just as you expected. Ryuu’s recent level-up as well as her strict training put her on par with Riveria in terms of crowd control. Her control over the green stardust summoned from her Luminous Wind had improved as well. She could direct her magic to pop the wings of the wyvern, taking away their aerial advantage. Some distracted wyverns even lost some heads by her magic. That was without counting her insanely fast and deadly short sword attacks that the wyverns couldn’t follow.

She became the ultimate monster killer of the group.

‘Klyscha, record this annihilation for me. I’ll use this to boost her morale… and play with her.’

(Consider it done, Sergeant!)

Asahi hadn’t expected them to perform this nicely on this floor. It seemed he underestimated them. The only weaker link was Kaguya who struggled a bit to fight off a wyvern on her own. She opted to stick around Alise and support her flank.

The girls soon obliterated the room full of wyverns, leaving gleaming magic stones.

“Great work.” Asahi complimented their effort. “Let’s take a break.”

Saeko and others had their stamina improved to a monstrous degree, so they could keep going even after clearing multiple floors below the 80th. But Ais and Alise didn’t have such endurance. Kaguya was even worse despite being connected to the shared XP system. 

Asahi called the group for a break. He lit up a bonfire and grilled some meat. The authentic adventurer experience was hard to come by these days. It would also warm them up, especially Ais, who was wearing a sleeveless vest.

Kaguya looked at Asahi, licking her lips as if she was thinking of doing a certain activity to regain her vigor. “Husband-kun, can we do it?” Kaguya slowly mouthed her question with a grin.

“No.”

Asahi coldly rejected her. If it was any other time, he’d be more than happy to jump into bed with Kaguya. But right now was their training time. Kaguya had to persevere as it would guarantee most Excelia from her goddess’ falna.

Kaguya pouted for a long minute then glanced at Asahi. His expression remained stern, making her puff her cheeks harder.

Alise noted the strange exchange between her friend and her fiance. She stood up from her spot and sat beside him, leaning against his shoulder. “It’s cold…”

She even put on a shivering act, which was flawless from her point of view.

“It’s really cold.” Asahi smirked and took out a fur blanket to cover himself and Alise. The redhead’s eyes darted in the dark, away from his golden eyes. Asahi pulled her even closer. “Are you warm now?”

“Mhmm… thank you.”

Kaguya glared at them, seething with envy. ‘He is doing it on purpose!’

(Umu. He is teasing you.)

‘Klyscha Kami-samaaaaa, am I wrong in wanting his thick stick… Should I call it the tower?’

(No, sweetheart. We all are addicted to it like he is addicted to teasing women!)

Kaguya couldn’t help but sigh. ‘At least Alise is getting some love. As long as she is happy. Klyscha Kami-sama, can you capture some pictures of Alise? Her red face is… too cute.’

(Of course.)

Kaguya glanced at Ryuu. The embers of raging fire reflected in her sky blue eyes. Her focus was solely on the blanket inside which something happened. Something perverted that her eyes wanted to see. Kaguya was convinced of the nickname Asahi gave Ryuu.

(Look at Ais.)

Kaguya turned her head. Ais’ eyes gleamed intensely as she watched her Onii-san get intimate with a woman.

‘She is still less corrupt than any woman around Husband-kun. I seriously doubt it will be the case if she was a little older.’

Kaguya knew the limits of Asahi’s lust.

(He cares for her like a brother. It might change when she grows up into a beautiful lady.)

The blonde in question crawled toward Asahi. She lifted the edge of the blanket and tried to peek into the lover’s den.

An unexpected hand grabbed her.

“Stop.” Ryuu pulled back the curious loli and dragged her away from Asahi. “Don’t disturb them.”

“I feel cold…” Ais whispered, shivering. “It’s warm there.”

Ryuu tossed more wood sticks into the fire then poured some fuel inside. The fire raged, nullifying the cold gales and making them sweat.

Ais released a content sigh and folded her knees, using them as a support for her chin. “Thanks, Ryuu…”

“As long as you don’t disturb them.”

Ais could see them stirring under the blanket. “What is Onii-san doing?”

Ryuu looked towards Kaguya. “You explain.”

Riveria and Loki would chase her through Orario if they found that she tainted Ais’ innocent nature.

“Nope.” Kaguya rejected with a grin. “You are his slave. Taking care of his imouto is the least you can do.”

Ryuu groaned. “You should ask your Onii-san.”

Ais didn’t push the topic and nodded her head, golden eyes curiously eying the blanket. Something beyond her was going on, and she would soon find it.

Alise snuck out of the cover of the blanket and smiled at Ryuu and Kaguya. An unnatural smile that was accompanied by a blush.

“Asahi got me too warm.”

“I see what you did there.” Kaguya pointed at Alise’s lips. “You look wet, Dear.”

“Must be the sweat.” Alise hurriedly cleaned the byproduct of their passionate kissing from her lips and gave a wide smile. “Let’s forget about that. Why don’t we continue our conquest?! Asahi, affirmation?”

“Wait.” Asahi poked his head out of the blanket and beckoned Ais.

The loli fot up and slowly approached Asahi, only to be lifted by a magical force and pulled inside the blanket. Now on Asahi’s lap, she felt his hand caress her hair. In the daze of ecstasy, she forgot all about the question she wanted to ask and almost fell asleep.

‘Goal accomplished.’

(My love is so evil!)

Asahi noticed a lonely look on Ryuu’s face. Kaguya, Alise, and even Ais—all of them got spoiled by him, so she felt left out. 

“Ryuu, here.”

He patted the empty ground beside him. Ryuu accepted the invite and cautiously sat beside him. A look of anticipation glimmered in her eyes as she glanced up at him.

‘Geez she is so cute.’’

He reached out with his empty hand and stroked her hair. His intense caress made her squirm as jolts attacked her. Tears sparkled in the corner of her eyes. Hearts flew around her as though expressing her current mood.

Kaguya and Alise stared as Ryuu moaned and became a puddle, drool leaking from her mouth. …She did the unthinkable.

It was the second time someone climaxed from headpats only, the first being Loki.

Asahi quietly captured a picture to tease Ryuu later and pulled her to lean on his shoulder. He covered her with his blanket, hiding her from Ais.

***

While Asahi was having fun, his adopted daughter shivered as a gray-scaled dragon towered over her small frame. She had grown stronger through sheer amount of monster slaying in the dungeon, yet she could only cower in fear before the infant dragon of the 11th floor. The elite monster made her legs weak.

“You can step back,” came the voice of her Siren companion and gentle hands pulled her. “The dragon is too strong in your current state.”

Haruhime was bruised and battered, out of stamina even. To come to the 11th floor as a Level 1 was already an achievement in Ray’s eyes. She didn’t want Asahi’s newly adopted daughter to suffer a deep injury. She had seen many Xenos suffering from trauma months after recovering from the physical injuries.

Haruhime gripped the daggers in her sweaty hands. “I have to try. I will not be a DAMSEL!”

With a battle cry, she lunged at the dragon.

Ray sighed. “You will get me scolded by Master.”

Despite her complaints, her face was undeniably smiling. It was rare to find someone truly courageous in this day and age.

Favorite if you liked it!

Join my Discord server | Patreon

145