Chapter 486: The Vaccine Man
4.4k 18 135
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was just another day in City A. Everything under the vivid sky seemed normal as people went about their day, children played on the streets and whatnot. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Then an explosion went off. The shockwaves shook the city. The passenger trains were flipped, the cars were knocked off balance, and the buildings were destroyed. A massive hole formed in the middle of the city.

The cause of this destruction stood in the center of the crater, translucent energy crackling around it. The mysterious being this time around carried ridiculous purple muscles with bulging veins all around his body. Two curved antennas grew from either side of his temples. A purple hairless mass of pure destruction.

Vaccine Man took to the sky and channeled his energy with a yell. Blue orbs gathered around him, and with a sweep of his hands, the orbs shot out to different parts of the cities, causing mayhem and destruction tens of kilometers away.

In just a few seconds, nearly half of City A was lost and thousands of people died. In a world where mysterious beings, monsters, and villains popped up every day, this carnage was a rare sight. Heroes prevented disasters before they reached this level.

Sirens blared throughout the city, signaling the citizens to seek nearby shelters.

“This is a top emergency. City A suffered great damage. The disaster level is Dragon. I repeat the disaster level is Dragon. All heroes gather and provide support.”

The panicked voices could be heard from megaphones all around City A and the nearby cities.

Heroes came to stop Vaccine Man, only to die instantaneously or get knocked out. Vaccine Man eyed his destruction with a serious frown. “Not enough. It’s not enough.”

The destruction was not even a tenth of the pain humanity brought to his mother with the pollution. Vaccine Man spotted a little girl crying within the rubbles, surrounded in smoke. He descended and reached out to her as his hand bulged into a giant monstrous hand. A figure flashed past him and snatched the girl away from his eyes.

Vaccine Man’s hand clutched nothing. A look of rage flashed on his face before he turned and eyed the hero in a yellow jumpsuit and a white cape.

“Who are you?”

Saitama boasted a smile as he answered, “Someone who is a hero for fun.”

Vaccine Man’s eyes narrowed. “What—”

A gust of wind smacked him in the face and cleared all the smoke in the area. Another hero descended from the sky and dusted his clothes off. He was a chiseled man with tanned brown skin and dangerous golden eyes. A celebrity-like young man who didn’t belong in this ruined place.

Asahi observed the surroundings and his eyes stopped on the Piccolo look-alike sporting purple skin instead of green. Even the aura around him resembled martial artists from that world.

Facing Vaccine Man was the bald hero. A man so ordinary that no one would expect him to be the strongest hero in the world.

“What a time to make my entry.”

He jumped into the very start of the story.

Saitama looked at the newcomer, who looked like one of those playboys. He definitely wasn’t getting along with these outgoing types.

“How dare you interrupt me?” Vaccine Man cocked his head like a gangster and glared at Asahi. “I’ll kill you.”

Asahi ignored the threat and assessed Vaccine Man’s status after putting on his specs.

[Vaccine Man Lv. 380]

Designated Title: Mother Earth Wrath Incarnate

Race: Mysterious Being

Class: Aura Fighter

[Attributes]

Strength: 490

Dexterity: 510

Constitution: 520

Defense: 550

Charm: -

Aura: 300

[Skills]

[Energy Projection: Vaccine Man can create energy spheres.]

Vaccine Man was considerably strong because Asahi raised the world’s power level by thirty percent. The world was already at EX-Rank considering Saitama’s feats.

Vaccine Man took Asahi’s gesture of wearing glasses as a mockery. Without wasting another breath, he threw energy orbs at him. The explosion swept over hundreds of meters and smoke clouded the view.

Asahi waved his hand to clear the smoke again. Saitama took the attack without a scratch.

Vaccine Man expected the two to die like the other heroes but they survived without suffering any damage. His shock turned into rage, and he shapeshifted into a monstrous entity towering twenty meters with spikes all over his body.

“The Will of the Earth gave birth to me…”

Asahi ignored Vaccine Man’s rambling and turned to Saitama. The bald hero had the same bored look on his face as he resisted the urge to one-shot Vaccine Man.

“I’ll handle him.”

Vaccine Man’s overall stats were identical if not superior to Asahi’s base stats. However, there was a 300 Level difference between them. The high level meant a great deal of XP. He wasn’t letting Saitama steal that from him.

Saitama sensed the confidence in Asahi’s words and gave a deadpan look. “Go—”

Asahi’s figure flickered and vanished, leaving a windy trail amidst the rubbles. Saitama unconsciously tracked Asahi and furrowed his brow with a serious look. The young man was the fastest man he ever encountered.

Vaccine Man grew even angrier and roared. Asahi rammed his scale-covered fist into Vaccine Man’s torso, tearing a massive hole in his massive body. Chunks of Vaccine Man’s body flew along with his eyes and brain.

Saitama didn’t even blink at the gruesome sight. Rather, he fixed his stare on the young man whose right arm was covered in red dragon scales.

‘He killed it in one punch.’

The display of deadly power made his heart pump with new enthusiasm. The screams from far away poured cold water on his head.

He had to finish his hero duties.

Asahi turned around and waved at Saitama, smiling like a goofball. “Yo, Saitama. I’m Asahi Marikawa.”

“You know me?” Saitama’s brow formed a flat line. The general populace never paid attention to him even though he killed so many calamitous monsters.

“We’ll meet again soon.”

Asahi jumped into the sky and flew away.

Saitama trailed the mysterious youth until he disappeared somewhere. He shrugged and went on to rescue people who survived the wrath of Vaccine Man.

Favorite if you liked it!

Join my Discord server | Patreon

135