Chapter 567: Second Event
1.2k 8 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orario’s chosen venue was a floor in the Tower of Babel. What better place for a goddess to marry than the platform that held Denatus, the meeting of deities.

The place was not as grand as his majestic hall in the Underworld. However, it looked like a perfect place for his wedding. The floor was adorned with colorful rugs and carpets. A large chandelier hung from the ceiling, casting its warm light onto the room. Everywhere he looked, he could see signs of efforts to make this hall spectacular. Alise and her peers had spared no effort in decorating every nook and cranny with their bright ideas.

Freya nodded at the arrangement. “This is a lot better than what we do for Denatus.”

“Of course. We, mortals, gave it our all to this wedding.” Maya stood beside Asahi and leaned on his arm. “Onii-sama, we did good, right?”

Her eager eyes asked for praise and headpats, which he provided with a smile.

Spoiler

[collapse]

“You definitely nailed it.”

While the Underworld had Lilith and Venelana’s expertise, Orario’s group had relatively zero experience with organizing large events, certainly not as big as a wedding. Maya didn’t do the physical work, but her ability to manage others was improving with time.

She was an impeccable leader despite her young age.

“Everyone worked their backs off for it,” Maya said. “Especially Natsumi. Her pets made all the physical work smooth.”

“Natsumi? Oh, her.”

He remembered giving Natsumi the task to improve her strength in preparation for the next world. Truth be told, he had forgotten about her. It happened so often that he felt like Natsumi may have developed immunity to his negligence.

“Master…” A pitiful voice called out to him.

Or not…

Asahi slowly pivoted his body, and spotted a brunette, who nearly took Rika’s life at one point in time. The Captain of Apollo Familia’s shoulders looked at him like she was an abandoned puppy.

“Natsumi, thank you for your hard work,” he said with a smile. “How have you been?”

The brunette tried to smile, though it seemed half-hearted at best. “Ara, Master, I’m alright. Happy even…”

She tried to hide her pain behind her enthusiasm but she couldn’t fool him. Every day for the past month, she made her way down to the dark, monster-filled dungeon, spending hours honing her summoning magic and perfecting her skills. She was unwavering in her determination. Yet when she finally faced the person she did it all for, she found out she was almost forgotten by him.

Her heart was in shambles.

Asahi cleared his throat. ‘Klyscha, remind me to spend some time with her later. Let’s get to know more about our former villainess.’

(No problemo!)

Natsumi’s eyes lit up as if she could see something in his gaze. “Master, Goddess Astraea will torch me if you keep sending me these flirty glances.”

He gave a low chuckle. “Astraea is far from the jealous type. Freya, however, is a different story. She will spare no effort in destroying you.”

Freya’s eyes narrowed and her brows curved into an accusatory frown. “Master Asahi, envy and jealousy sprout when one is brimming with passion. It is unavoidable.”

“I’m inclined to disagree,” he countered, his gaze flicking to the ticking clock on the wall. “It's almost time.”

“It sure is.”

From the crowd of deities, emerged an orange-haired man. Hermes. By his side was the bespectacled captain of his familia, Asfi Al Andromeda.

“It’s been a while, Hermes. Asfi too. You got over stalking me?”

He, of course, remembered the blue-haired beauty who tried to stalk him when he went on dates around Orario.

Asfi’s composure faded as her cheeks reddened. “It was on Hermes-sama’s orders.”

She cleverly shifted the blame to her god.

Hermes released a dry chuckle. “Forget about those days. You’re the King of Orario now. I need to thank you for your role these past weeks.”

Asahi tilted his head. “What?”

“I was thinking about making you a hero, but that was unnecessary. You don’t need to be a hero, for heroes will rise to challenge you.”

“Did you just call me a villain?”

“Kind of.” Hermes grinned. “Ottar could never incite hatred like you. Others were too weak to step into the ‘oppressor’ role. But now with you, people have begun to realize the importance of strength. They are visiting the dungeon more often, hoping one day they free Orario from your tyranny.”

The golden age of heroes would come soon. Hermes could feel it.

“Orario already has a hero in training.” His gaze drifted to Ais, who was quietly sitting with Haruhime. She hadn’t spoken to him today as if she was avoiding him. “I doubt any of your potential heroes can catch up to her.”

“Hoh, indeed. The Sword Princess’ talent is peerless.”

Suddenly, a hush fell over the hall as Hephaestus entered the hall, Astraea’s dainty hand clasped in hers. The goddess of justice was a picture of beauty in her white lace wedding dress, the traditional long veil that flowed down her shoulders and onto the floor, sparkling with pearl beads.

Spoiler

[collapse]
Spoiler

[collapse]

The bridesmaid Hephaestus’s unruly red hair framed her beautiful face, her vivid red dress contrasting against the white gown of Astraea. She was wearing her eyepatch as if she was afraid of stealing Astraea’s spotlight.

“Astraea-sama!”

“Lady Astraea!”

Alise’s group cheered and waved at Astraea from their seats. Alise even showered Astraea with petals.

Asfi grabbed Hermes’ arm and dragged him to the tables, stopping his needless interference.

Astraea shuffled towards Asahi and stood before him, her cheeks flushed and eyes downcast.

“Freya, let’s go there.” Hephaestus grabbed Freya’s wrist and yanked her away while Natsumi and Maya quietly retreated into the crowd.

Asahi extended his arm, and Astraea placed her fair, cotton-gloved hand on his. His eyes twinkled as he asked, “Nervous?”

She took deep breaths to control her pounding heart. “A little.”

Her honesty made him smile. He pulled her to the altar where Hestia awaited them with a frown. While Hestia disapproved of him being Astraea’s husband, she didn’t voice out her discontent at the moment.

“I haven’t done it before. But I’ll try my best! Do forgive me if I make any mistakes.”

“It’s fine, Hestia. The oaths are auxiliary. Asahi and I are pledged to each other for eternity…”

“Truly.”

Hestia gave him an unamused look. “You’re one lucky guy to earn Hephaestus and Astraea’s love.”

“It wasn’t just luck though,” he replied with a cheeky smile. “Alright, Priestess Hestia. Let’s start the ceremony.”

(My love, have you decided tonight’s order of sleeping?)

‘Uh, Astraea first. She has waited far longer than Gabriel.’

(Umu. Gabriel needs to start exercising patience. I’ll keep her entertained while you have fun with Astraea.)

‘Yup.’

More epilogue vibes…

56