Chapter 3 – Meeting Another Group
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group consisted of 7 men and 2 women, all looking around 17-20 years old. 

They were not naked, rather they were wearing a mix match of salvaged clothes. 

The men seemed to work well as a team and the 2 women assisted them ably as they fought the zombies. 

The men were all athletic and moved very well although they didn't look to have military training. Nevertheless, their athletic abilities shown and it looks like they were well versed in fighting monsters. 

However, it was clear that they were all humans with no special abilities, but they had a wide array of melee weapons. 

Rei and Akame rushed into action and the group suddenly found themselves help from a new group of pretty looking girls. 

They let the group into their house and they were finally introduced to each other. 

"My name is Rei, and these are my teammates Akame, Minatsuki and Hikawa. We just arrived here yesterday" Rei said, looking at the group. 

"Well, we've been here, well some of us have, for over two months already. We may know what is going on better than you do" one of the guys said. 

5 of the guys were tall and athletic looking while one was shorter and more average. The last guy looked like a simpleton. Out of the 5 tall guys, 4 had long hair up to their shoulders and one had a crew cut that looked like it had already grown out. 

"My name is Nobutaka Oda, or just Nobu" the most talkative of the men said. 

"Izumi... Izumi Shion" said the quiet one on the side. 

"Emiri Suzuki, or simply Juo" said the other long haired one. 

"Hi! I am Iwakura Gou" the short haired one said. 

"Ushimitsu Kiyoshiro... just Ushi will do" said the other long haired one. 

"I'm Nishi Joichiro" the shorter guy said. 

"I.. my..me.." the simpleton said shyly. 

"He's Hajime Shiroishi....forget it. Just call him Ichi" Nishi interrupted 

The last 2 girls were introduced as Hidemi Kinoshita and Enami Kanae, but they were too busy cleaning up the wounds of the other guys. 

Rei committed their names to memory and asked "So, you say most of you have been here for over 2 months?" 

"Juo, Izumi and Ushi have been here for three actually, while Nobu arrived two months ago. One month ago, Iwakura, myself, Ichi, Hidemi and Enami arrived" Nishi said. 

"We arrived in different fields, and everyone in our group were slaughtered, but we individually survived and teamed up" Juo said. 

"Later on, I arrived and was also the sole survivor, but luckily these 3 guys saved me" Nobu said. 

"We survived together and decided to find more survivors. That is how we found Iwakura, Nichi, Ichi and Hidemi. We just rescued Enami yesterday" Juo said. 

"Enami must have arrived at a different location. She wasn't among our group" Hikawa said. 

"Our group was.. captured by a group led by a creature called Wyald" Akame said. 

"So.. you guys are the reason that monster has been going on a rampage huh?" Nobu said. 

"You know of Wyald?" Rei asked. 

"Yes... he's one of the many groups of survivors who are monsters" Nobu answered. 

"There are more? Rei asked

"Yes" Nobu sighed

"Like Wyald, we ignore many groups like his. We were fortunate not to arrive where some of these were active, otherwise we would probably have died too" Juo said

"Like Wyald, there are a few other groups we know of. For example, there is the cannibal pair. They are a pair of a man and a woman. The man eats girls up, leaving their headless, limbless body. The female I hear is very beautiful, but she loves to castrate men and eat their... manhood" Nobu said, subconsciously crossing his legs.

Rei's eyes lit up, but he didn't show any reaction. 

"Then there are the monster trio. They are a older couple and a teenage boy roughly your age. I don't know whats their deal, but everyone that runs into them.... well only mutilated parts remain.

Then there are the scorpion trio. The man and women have scorpion tails while the other man, who seems like their leader, can turn his hands to claws

There's also a new group that emerged last month. We just call it the harem. It's led by this short guy who's body seem to be enhanced. He does something to women that enslaves them. You girls better watch out for him" Juo said

"How do you know all this?" Akame asked. 

Nishi brought out a pair of binoculars. "We also talked to other teams. But we generally only trust our group. Not many people can fight, but some are lucky to survive for a long time, until they are eaten by the local monsters or meet one of those groups" Nishi said. 

"By the way, do you girls want to join us? There's safety in numbers. It's easier to keep watch with more people. We cannot stay at one spot for too long as our scents will attract more and more monsters. That is why we keep moving site to site, this being one of our many rotations. We also go and try to rescue new arrivals every month. With more people, we could perhaps cover more than one arrival point" Iwakura asked. 

Rei looked at the Minatsuki and Hikawa who nodded, then he turned to Akame who gave him a look. 

"We will join you. But I only feel safe with my sister" Rei said, looking as pretty as he can, leaning on Akame. 

"Your sister... Well ok then. I don't see a problem with that. You girls go on the same rotation, and you both can fight, so you can be together" Izumi said, pleased to get more powerful members. 

"We probably can stay here for one more night. This house has shampoo and soap if I remember. But by tomorrow morning, we will have to leave" Juo said. 

"So soon?" Minatsuki asked. 

"You will see. By tonight, the attacks will get more and more intense, by all kinds of deadly creatures. But it's probably easier to fight in a stone building than in the open jungle" Nobu answered. 

 

1