Chapter 4 – The Cannibal Pair
85 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The battle raged on as the new group battled a large group of humanoid creatures with large mouths and 6-8 tentacled arms. 

They attacked at night and the group found themselves surrounded and trapped in the house.

"What the fuck are these? We've never faced these ones before!" Iwakura grunted, slamming down his crowbar onto the monster's head and moving ahead. 

"Don't talk, just fight!" Nobu yelled as he fought another one with a machete. 

Suddenly, the monster behind them stood up and was about to attack both of them from the back when Akame appeared and sliced the monsters head off. 

"You have to cut the head off completely or smash it till it's mush, otherwise they will recover" she said as she dashed off again.

Just outside the house, Rei and Akame was flying around slashing the creatures. 

Around them, they were joined by Hikawa and surprisingly Ichi as both used their legs to fight and kick. Hikawa kicked with supernatural strength, while Ichi had a cleaver tied to his left leg and he was surprisingly brutal with it. 

Juo and Ushimitsu fought right at the entrance of the house, and it appeared that they both had some degree of inhuman strength as well. 

Hidemi, Enami and Minatsuki were hidden in the house when suddenly, one of the creatures burst in from the back door. 

Hidemi and Enami picked up a weapon, ready to fight to the death as the creature attacked when suddenly, the creature received several slashes on it's body, one across it's eyes, and another across its neck. 

They looked at Minatsuki who had a sadistic smile on her face. Several strands of hair were standing up and it appeared that there were 4 strands of blood extended from her hair, looking like tentacles. 

Several slashes continuously slashed across the creatures neck, severing the creatures head from its body. 

"We probably should join the rest. The back isn't safe anymore" Minatsuki said as she walked off to the shock of Hidemi and Enami. 

"They're handling this so easily" Iwakura said to Nobu, fighting a monster but also seeing Rei and Akame fight. 

"It's a good thing they're on our side then" Izumi said. 

Suddenly Hideme and Enami rushed out of the house. 

"What are you girls doing here?" Nobu asked. 

"They're attacking from the rear too!" Hideme said. 

They looked in the house as Minatsuki fled backwards, warding off another 3 creatures with her hair. 

"She's an ability user too!" Nishi muttered under his breath. 

"Help! I can't hold them off for long!" Minatsuki screamed. 

Rei rushed in and killed them instantly. 

"I didn't know you can fight!" Rei said. 

"I... I can't use this for very long. I've only used it to survive. I can't fight monsters like these!" Minatsuki said. 

"Then we'll need to train you. We need every ability we can get" Rei said, looking at Minatsuki. 

Minatsuki lowered her head and nodded as Rei rushed off again. 

She collapsed to her knees and hid her face with her hands. 

She hid a evil smile on her face. Even though she had been found out, if Rei could train her, her chances of survival were higher.  

--

As the day broke, the whole group stood over hundreds of bodies and they were exhausted.

Nishi had an injury on his abdomen and Hidemi was bandaging him. 

Iwakura had injured his left arm too which made him incapable of fighting for the foreseeable future. 

There were several loud roars coming from the trees

"It's best we move.... now!" Nobu yelled as they quickly picked up whatever they could and ran

Akame looked at Rei who nodded and they followed as well.

Quickly climbing a nearby cliff, they hid behind rocks as they watched the trees nearby the house smashed to the ground as a giant crocodile-like creature exited the forest. 

It was over 30 meters long and had 6 legs. It's jaws were so large it could swallow a car in one bite. It's leather skin looked like it was made from armor plating and it had spikes down it's back, looking more like a dragon than a crocodile. 

"How can that thing be so big?" Hideme said, looking shocked. 

The monster started eating all the dead bodies of the creatures that attacked them in the night 

Rei looked at the monster, wishing he had his Arata Jason armor or his Jason rinkaku quinque that enabled him to cut through the toughest monsters. His knives don't do enough damage. 

Akame had her own thoughts too, wishing she had her Teigu sword named Murasame, which can cut anything and whose slightest cut will kill due to it's poison. Even her previous sword the Shiingu called Kiriichimonji, which cuts permanant wounds that cannot be healed from or closed. would be much appreciated.

She has already broken 3 swords since she arrived here. Thankfully, this group had saved alot of weapons over the months and there was a plentiful supply of average katanas.   

"Say Nobu... you mentioned the cannibal pair. Do you know where they are?" Rei suddenly asked

"We know their general vicinity. They're powerful enough not needing to move from their base. Why do you ask?" Nobu answered.

"I suspect they are people that I know. I want to see them" Rei answered. 

"Oh you do? Great! If you can bring them over to our side..." Nobu said. 

"Oh no. They won't be happy to see me, I'm sure. But I want to get something from them" Rei smiled

The other guys looked at each other, unsure what to do, but they nodded since Rei was such an asset with his fighting abilities. 

They brought him through the jungle, fighting deadly creatures along the way.

Rei noted that Izumi, Juo, Nobu, Ushimitsu, Iwakura, Nishi and Ichi are capable enough if they joined the TSC. In fact, if they did, he wouldn't mind training them personally, becoming top ranking officials. 

Then he looked at Akame. She could easily be ranked near the top, like he is if they came from his world. 

Finally, they arrived in front of another house. The place reeked with blood and there were dead human bodies everywhere. 

Rei finally noticed why other creatures didn't bother this so called cannibal duo. They emanated such a strong killing intent, other creatures were reluctant to attack. 

As for zombies, apparently ghouls can eat them since they are nothing but newly dead corpses. 

Rei was told by his half-ghoul friends that he smelled delicious, even though he was the deadliest of them all, beyond any ghoul. So it was no wonder that he seemed to attract monsters rather than repel them. 

"You guys stay here. I'll handle this" Rei said, walking alone. 

"Can I join you?" Akame asked. Rei looked at her and nodded

The rest of the group watched in shock as the two pretty girls in their eyes walked confidently to the den of one of the scary monsters that they know off. 

As they walked in, Rei gave Akame a quick summary of what to expect from ghouls, their fighting abilities as well as their regenerative abilities. He also gave her detailed information about specifically Torso and Nutcracker, especially Nutcracker's trap kagunes. 

As they entered, they saw naked human bodies everywhere. The males were missing their genitals, and the females had no heads or limbs, leaving their naked torsos everywhere. 

As they entered a large room, a voice could suddenly be heard. 

"My my my. What are two pretty young things like you doing here?" a female voice said. 

"They're both mine! You know our arrangement" a male voice said. 

"But I'm hungry. I've only been eating those tiny bits..." the female said. 

"That's your fault for only wanting to eat that part. These pretty things are mine" the male replied.

"Don't fight. I might be small, but I'm sure I can accommodate both of you" Rei smiled and turned around. 

Both ghouls were scary looking with their kagunes already extended and ready to eviscerate the two girls. 

Their eyes were black with red pupils and they had insane looks on their faces. 

But the moment they saw Rei's face, the male ghoul froze and fear could be seen on his face. 

"Sss...sssp... Special Class Suzuya! What are you doing here??!!" Torso yelled in fear

"T...that's Suzuya??" Nutcracker screamed 

"I'll take Nutcracker since she mutilates males. You take Torso. You've seen what he does to girls" Rei said chasing after Nutcracker who was already fleeing in fear.

--

"Should we help them?" Iwakura asked as they hid behind trees outside the house as zombies closed onto the house. 

"Someone should warn them that there are zombies approaching the house" he added. 

Just as he asked the question, several large sharp objects slashed through the house, like a hot knife through butter, and the sharp implements moved and pierced the walls. The zombies were shredded to bits, and they were just bystanders approaching the house. 

"Holy shit! What kind of monsters live there?" Hikawa asked. 

"If the monsters are killed by the two girls, what kind of monsters are they?" Izumi asked. 

The rest remained silent. 

 

1