Chapter 5 – Weapons
67 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei walked into the other room, and saw Akame standing over the severed head of Torso, her broken katana pinning his head to the floor. 

"Good! You saw how strong their kagunes are?" Rei asked pointing at the gashes in the wall caused by the kagune when they were fighting the two ghouls. 

"Yes... they will make excellent weapons. But how do we extract them?" she asked, looking at Torso's headless body and his rinkaku kagune sticking out of his lower back. 

"Nutcracker has a kokaku at her upper back at her shoulder bone and bikaku kagune at her tailbone. Bikaku is the hardest type, and the most suitable for our weapons, so lets extract that kagune first." Rei said. 

She nodded her head, even though she wasn't certain what he was saying. 

Rei led her to the other room where Nutcracker's headless body was splayed on the ground, her kagunes fully extended to fight him. 

He walked to Nutcracker's naked body and using his knives which were also made of kokaku, he cut into her back, and cut out the kakuhou from her body right next to her tailbone, still attached to the bikaku kagunes.

As she pulled out the kakuhou organ, he cut it in two, each part attached to the near indestructible bikaku kagunes and passed one to Akame. 

He walked to Nutcracker's fully extended kokaku wings and looked at her "feathers". He used the his knife to pry out several of the feathers. 

"See? My daggers are made from these too" he said, taking a feather and comparing it with one of the daggers in his artificial leg. 

"Of the 3 samples we have, in terms of hardness Nutcracker's bikaku is the hardest material, then Torso's rinkaku, then these kokaku is comparably the softest but most malleable. We will use the bladed part of the bikaku to suit you as a weapon. I will use one for my scythe too" he said. Akame understood and nodded.

Rei explained to her that in his world, their quinque weapons were made from the kagunes of dead ghouls. He also explained that kagune's were nearly indestructible by normal methods, so that means quinques were already in the right shape, otherwise it is impossible to reshape them anyhow. 

Fighting ghouls over the years, Rei explained that in a kagune, there are some hard parts and some soft bendable parts, otherwise it would not be able to move at will. Thus he summarized that within a kagune was probably weapons already in the needed shape. 

So, giving Akame one of his kokaku knives, they carved out the hard parts of the kagunes there, removing the softer, malleable parts.

Several minutes later, Rei got together with Akame, after chipping out the hardest and bladed part of Nutcracker's bikaku kagune. 

At the end, the dual ends of the two rinkaku were twin blades made of the hardest material. Rei took one to make the blade of his scythe, while Akame took the other to make a katana. 

The sharp blades at the end of the rinkaku were already the shape of a katana blade anyway, so Akame only had to find a way to attach it to a handle. Similarly, Rei had a similar looking blade, and only needed to find something to be the handle of his halberd.  

She followed him as he used the new blade to cut out the right shape from Torso's extended rinkaku kagune. He instructed Akame to do the same and she skillfully carved out a handle for her katana. 

Having lived most of her life with a sword, she was an expert in maintaining and cleaning her katanas, so Akame deftly carved out the handle and the guard of her katana. 

But how was she going to put it together? Surely their pillow cover clothes were not strong enough to hold the pieces together. 

She looked over at Rei who was carving out strips of skin using his blade from Nutcracker's body. 

"What are you doing? We might have killed them, but surely we don't have to defile their bodies?" Akame asked in shock. 

"You don't understand. Their skins are impenetrable with normal steel, they will make the perfect leather. Their hair too are stronger than steel wire, but fine as silk" he said. 

She looked at him blankly as Rei cut and dried several strips of skin from the thighs of Nutcracker. 

He also cut off Nutcracker's long hair and started weaving them into thin string. 

"What are your relationship with the ghouls? They seemed to recognize you" Akame asked. 

"The ghouls and humans on my world have achieved peace. But before that, I was the number 1 killer of the most dangerous ghouls. I was raised by a ghoul who.. castrated me. But I was rescued and joined the human government department to protect humans from the ghouls. We used to hunt ghouls and use their bodies to create weapons that can harm them. Otherwise, humanity would have been wiped out. So even though I have friends who I respect tho are ghouls, when it comes to enemy ghouls, I treat them like animals. These two are infamous serial killers. That's why I don't give them a chance" Rei said.

"Oh.. I'm sorry for questioning you like that" Akame said. 

"No.. I understand you concerns. It looks inhumane the way I treat their bodies. But it is a reality of my world" Rei smiled as he started tying the blade of his scythe to a long but slightly crooked long pole he carved out of the spine of Nutcracker's kokaku wings.

"Hey...! Rei? Akame? Are you guys ok?" Ichi asked. 

Apparently he was sent in to look for them. 

"Ichi. We are fine! Tell the rest that the coast is clear" Rei said. 

"Ok" Ichi smiled, somehow unfazed by the sight of the many Torso and Nutcracker's victims as well as their decapitated bodies.  The place looked like a slaughterhouse of horror. 

Moments later, the rest of the group stood outside the door. They had tried to enter, but the girls had started vomitting and could not enter, and the men were no better. 

"Uh... we'll wait for you guys outside when you're done alright?" Nobu said, trying to compose himself. 

Only Ichi, Juo and Izumi seemed unfazed by the sight. 

Juo looked at what Rei and Akame was doing and asked "Are these weapons very much better?" 

"Yes. They're near indestructible. Here, there's alot of spare parts!" Rei said. 

Ichi picked up a sharp edge of Torso's rinkaku kagune and replaced his knife on his left foot. 

He kicked the wall with his left leg, but although the knife cut through the wall, it also separated from his leg as the string he used to tie the knife could not take the impact

"Here. Use this to tie the knife" Rei said, handing Ichi some hair he braided into string. 

--

Hours later, Rei and Akame joined the rest outside by a fireplace. 

Both of them had large smiles on their faces as Akame had a new katana, inside a scabbard made from more skin leather. Rei looked like a pretty girl holding a huge scythe a head taller than her. 

Rei smiled and handed out several knives and machetes made out of the other kagune from Nutcracker and Torso's body. 

Strengthening their team with weapons capable of cutting the enemies they faced was a good move. They probably needed as many capable  fighters and they could gather. 

They still don't know why they were here. 

1