Chapter 6 – More Allies
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei, Akame and their group trekked through the jungle, walking slowly so as not to get ambushed. 

From afar, they saw a fight happening. It was a pack of velociraptors chasing after a naked teenage girl. 

She was outnumbered and all she had was a wooden stick that she used to hit the larger than human creatures. 

"She's surrounded!" Iwakura said. 

They were too far away to help yet, and they had no long range weapons, so they rushed towards her. 

Just as she was about to be eaten, she suddenly somersaulted and pierced the attacking velociraptor in the eyes with her stick. 

Her stick snapped, leaving her defenseless and she barely dodged another velociraptor attack. 

"Girl! Over here" Rei yelled, throwing a spare katana at her direction, piercing the velociraptor through the skull. 

They had several spare weapons they made with Nutcracker and Torso's kagunes and even after handing them out to their group, there were several weapons left. 

The girl didn't even look up as she moved smoothly and took the katana, slicing through another attacking raptor's neck. 

"Good katana! Thanks" she said as she smiled at Rei who just arrived with Akame and the rest. 

She suddenly dashed off. 

"Hey! Where are you going?" Iwakura yelled 

"I have two more companions that need help. Hopefully they are still alive!" the girl said and the group dashed after her. 

They arrived, standing over a rock ledge. Rei and Akame landed next to the girl and the others arrived several seconds later. 

They watched as 2 naked teenage boys were standing back to back, surrounded by at least 9 velociraptors. 

"That's Kei Kurono!" Izumi said. 

"And the other one is Ryota Sakamoto!" Nobu said. 

"You know them?" Akame asked. 

"Yes. Kei is... very competent" Izumi said. 

"Ryota is too" Nobu added. 

"They're survivors. They appeared with me and the three of us were the only survivors from our group" the girl said. 

But Rei and Akame had already charged ahead without waiting

The two guys managed to dodge the attack by the raptors, but they were trapped

Rei flew over them, daggers flying and piercing through the eyes of the nearest raptors. He landed and his scythe reaped several raptor heads.

Akame dashed through and three raptor heads went flying.

"Who... who are you?" Kei asked, looking at Rei and Akame.

Seconds later, the rest arrived, fighting their way through the remaining creatures.

"Kei! Ryota!" the girl called

"Mai!" Kei yelled, recognizing the girl

"When we lost sight of you, we thought we lost you" Ryota said.

"These are my rescuers" Mai said, standing next to Kei and Ryota, and gesturing towards Rei and Akame. 

"I am Rei, and this is Akame" Rei said. 

The others arrived several seconds behind Mai. 

"Izumi! You're here too?" Kei asked. "Kei, I should have known you'll be selected too" Izumi answered. Kei looked further and recognized another person. 

"Nishi" Kei nodded. "Kei" Nishi nodded back. 

"Ryota" Nobu greeted. "Oda" Ryota nodded.

Ryota recognized Hidemi too, but didn't say anything. 

"I am Mai Mashiro" the girl smiled. 

Everyone started introducing each other. 

Apparently Kei, Ryota and Mai appeared naked in the same batch of people appearing in a field and they were immediately attacked by zombies. 

The 3 of them were the only survivors and they have been on the run for 3 days. Somehow, they haven't seen a single human since then until now. 

As the group was more varied, each told their own timeframe on the land. 

Rei, Akame, Minatsuki and Hikawa apparently arrived at the same time with Mai, Kei and Ryota, only in different locations. 

One month ago, Iwakura, Nishi, Ichi, Hidemi and Enami arrived. Two months before that Nobu arrived. And the month before that, Juo, Izumi and Ushi arrived and were the longest survivors that they knew first hand. 

"So, would you guys like to join us? There's safety in numbers?" Iwakura asked. 

Mai, Ryota and Kei looked at each other and nodded. 

"I've worked with Izumi and Nishi before, so I agree" Kei said. 

"I've worked with Oda too" Ryota nodded. 

"Once condition. Can I have this? It's good" Mai said, brandishing the katana Rei gave her. 

Rei nodded and gave another 2 spare katanas to Ryota and Kei. 

With so many raptors dead, they harvested the meat and started walking further to the east. 

This has been the plan that the group had been implementing since before Rei and Akame joined. 

Even when Juo, Izumi and Ushi arrived 3 months ago, they've joined forces to head to a random direction, to find the edges of the land. 

But even after 3 months, they have gotten nowhere. 

"Look! Flares!" Mai said, looking at a red flare flying in the sky and slowly descending to the ground. 

"Should we check it out?" Iwakura asked. 

"Why not. Any new information will be useful" Kei said. 

They all walked at a brisk hiking pace and arrived late in the afternoon, before hiding and Nishi used his binoculars to see from afar who was firing flares every hour on the hour. 

Rather than the abandoned houses that they've stayed or visited previously, this looked like a small stadium or hall, with multiple armed guards on towers guarding the area. 

A man walked out and fired another flare into the sky. 

A small group of 4 people walked out of the forest, all of them badly injured and bloodied towards the stadium. 

They were being chased by zombies. But as they approached the hall, the guards mowed down the zombies with their machine guns and ushered the 4 people into the hall. 

"They seem to be a fort of some sort. Perhaps a safe haven" Nishi said. 

"Really? That would be good, wouldn't it?" Enami said, looking eager. 

"Well they are all pretty well equipped, even with army uniforms" Nishi reported. 

"So, should we go and find out what's going on?" Hikawa asked. 

"Previously I would be worried. We've been avoiding groups we don't trust. But with Rei and Akame, after they handled those, ghouls you called them, I am more confident we can handle whatever threat is in there, if they turn hostile. With Ryota, Kei and Mai, our numbers are sizeable now too." Izumi said. 

"So is everyone in agreement?" Juo asked. 

Most of then nodded, but Rei and Mai stayed silent. 

"Rei?" Akame asked. 

"I don't mind checking it out. But it sure feels dangerous somehow" Rei said. 

"So, do we go?" Nobu asked Rei, trusting his judgement. 

"Yes. We should try to figure out what is going on" Rei finally decided. 

Having decided, they walked to the stadium, and walked to the door with their hands in the air and weapons sheathed. 

"Welcome brothers and sisters. Do not be afraid. This is a safe haven for us humans" the man at the door said, as several machine guns were aimed at them. 

They were let in as the metal door shut behind them. 

1