Chapter 7 – The Gathering
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei, Akame and their group joined a large group of people in the fortified stadium. 

They were but one group that had gathered with a large group of people, many of them they don't recognize. 

They saw a stage at the front end of the stadium where everyone was congregating towards. 

Rei and Akame were unsure about this, but Nobu, Juo, Iwakura and the rest were curious about it. Furthermore, they thought they were competent enough to break out of the place if things go south anyway. 

Just then, a weird looking man walked onto the stage. His face was mangled with the sides of his mouth sliced open and held together with pins. Scars went up and down his face, up and over his eyelids. 

He was naked but was dressed in ropes that he tied himself, making him look like a participant of a sado masochism act and his exposed penis seemed to be sliced in two but had healed.

"Welcome fellow humans! If you do not know by now, we're all the Broken! You, me and everyone here. We are the rejects of society, the murderers, the killers, the unwanted! That is why we have been sent to this hell to kill each other off, or to be eaten by other monsters!" he yelled in a loud voice. 

"That is a very bad man" Ichi said from behind Rei. 

"In normal society we are the monsters! The broken! My name is Kakihara, Kakihara Masao. My group is called the Armada. Our intention is to band together as an army, and kill all the opposition!

No more will we be food. Instead, everything else here will be out food! Any other group in this place will be our food too!" he said. 

A large man stood besides him and added with a sneer "You have two choices. Join us, or die!" 

Suddenly, a large group of men appeared on the rafters, all carrying weapons aimed at the crowd. Some looked like they have abilities. Some had guns too. 

The crowd started stirring and murmering. 

A bald man appeared on stage, using crutches to walk and carrying a gun.

"Alright! Those joining us, step to this side of the line on the ground" he said

"No point resisting. With us, you'll survive. Without us, you'll all die anyway!" he continued.  

"Hitotsukabutu!" Iwakura said through gritted teeth. 

"Oh! Iwakura! You're here too? Good! You can join your friend" he said and brought out a severed head. 

"Yoshioka!" Iwakura yelled, recognizing the head of his friend. 

"You know him?" Izumi asked. 

"That head is my friend. That bastard killed him. They were mortal enemies for a long time" Iwakura said. 

Iwakura was already injured from the previous battle, so he was in no condition to fight at the moment. 

A man stood out from the crowd. It was clear that he had his own group of 4 people. There was a woman in her 30s, a teenage girl and boy.

Rei looked at them and wondered if they were a family. But a whole family of murderers?

"So what if you have guns? Do you think this is enough to cower us to join your cause?" the man sneered. 

"Oh! A brave man. What is your name?" Kakihara asked with his forked tongue. 

"My name is Gotou! This is foolishness to follow such idiots" Gotou said. 

"Well then. My friend Jason here, begs to differ" Kakihara smiled as the earlier large man walked and kagune spikes extended from his forearms. 

Gotou looked at him non challantly and sneered. 

"So what?" he said as both his arms turned into multiple armed blades

Jason lunged at Gotou and both of them clashed as several humans were caught in the crossfire and were sliced to meat. 

"So, there was another ability users here. Kill him and his team!" Kakihara yelled and the other thugs fired their weapons at the remaining 3 people. 

But to everyone's surprise, the other 3 started attacking the stage too. The woman's head was a parasyte, as it opened up and sliced a thug into pieces. 

The teenage girl's fingers became long blades as she sliced through the attackers

As for the teenage boy, he suddenly summoned two large monsters, a male and a female that seemed to be conjoined and they protected him while destroying the stage!

But the hosts were not powerless as they too had ability users besides Jason. 

There were 3 thugs which had drills for hands and they were indiscriminately attacking all those in the audience, forcing many of them to surrender and join their group and were immediately ordered to attack the rest. 

There was also a agile cat like guy who also had claws from the group who was fighting the girl with the claws. He was much more agile and was already inflicting several wounds on her body. 

The woman with the alien head engaged him to protect the girl and this turned the tide against the cat guy. 

But a strange looking thug spit on her, and his acid breath burned her head, causing her to scream. 

"Lets get out of here. The place has gone hostile" Rei said and the group started moving. Everyone else was scattering and escaping the slaughter. 

"After them! Madoka!" Kakihara yelled

"Don't tell me what to do. Ikazuchi, Yuriko, Azami, snake girl, attack!" Madoka yelled as his right arm turned red, covered with his own blood to become a poison claw

Ikazuchi Akatsuki and Azami Mido were Forgeries like Shishito Madoka from the Deadmen Wonderland and were able to turn their own blood into weapons. 

While Madoka could turn his arm into a poison claw, Ikazuchi turned his whole body to become like a scorpion while Azami had her right arm turned into a large snake made of blood. 

Among their team, Yuriko Ishizaka turned her body into a half scorpion like being while the other unnamed girl's right arm turned into a gigantic snake similar to Azami's arm. 

The teenage boy in the small group with the two monsters turned out to be the hardest to fight as most of this team had to face his monsters.

As the team gathered outside the stadium, they did a quick headcount. 

Akame was standing next to Rei and Mai and had joined up with Kei, Ryota, Izumi, Juo, Oda, Ushimitsu, Iwakura, Nishi, Ichi, Hideme and Enami.  

"Where is Minatsuki?" Akame asked

"I don't know. She seems to have disappeared. Hikawa too" Rei said as Mai stood near them.

Suddenly, 3 men stood in front of them. Two of them were large looking muscular men while the third one was a fat guy. 

"No one leaves the Armada so easily" one of them said. 

"Fuck you! There are only 3 of you" Enami yelled

The 3 men smiled menacingly and suddenly, they transformed

Tadanori Sanbe transformed into a large dark suited metallic knight like being with a large blade sticking out of both forearms. Shiraishi turned into an even larger trojan looking man with a gigantic sword and the fat guy Takkun transformed into Yarikira Knight, a equally dark suited knight with a large black sword. 

"I hate women like you the most" the Yarikira Knight yelled and attacked in an instant, slicing Enami in twain before she could even scream. 

"Fuck!" Nishi said as the group burst into action and the 3 monster knights attacked. 

However, although the 3 knights had tremendous strength, they fought like amateurs with no training. 

While the group had difficulty with the knights, it didn't take long for Rei and Akame to kill them with their superior skills. 

Mai Mashiro picked up Yarikira Knight's large sword and swung it around. 

"You guys don't mind if I take this, right?" she said, returning the quinque katana to Rei. 

"Nothing much we can do about Minatsuki and Hikawa now. Lets hope they survive and look for a place to shelter. We don't know what will come in the night" Rei said, looking back at the stadium which was still in the midst of battle. 

 

 

 

 

1