Chapter 4: Visiting The Capital
231 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
What filling do you like in buns? (You can pick 2)
  • Jam Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Cream Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Chocolate Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Sweet Paste Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Nothing Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Something Else Votes: 2 8.3%
Total voters: 24

- A Month Of “Resting” Later -

 

“You should be good now. It’s nothing new for you to be stuck in bed for over a month but this time it’s a bit odd.”

“There were mostly scratches and nothing close to breaking like usually. But for some reason it took you so long to heal up.”

It seems I’ve made the doctor aunty quite worried.

“Don’t worry aunty. I was just really bored and didn’t rest properly sometimes.” I explained with an apologetic smile.

I think most of the damage was from my… let’s call it ‘Recovery Attempt’.

 

“Do we need to tie you down so that you won’t cause any trouble?” Aunty said while glaring at me.

“Come on. I’m a poor boy living in the slums. ALL ALONE. Uuuu-“ I fake cried for added drama.

“And how can I not play with these bunny ears and paws?” I said while showing off my bunny poncho.

“You were probably also trying to train, weren’t you?” She said while giving me the ‘I’m right, aren’t I?’ look.

“Busted.” I guess some of my screams of anguish were heard.

 

-

 

Walking around the town and I finally made it to gates to the bridge.

This town is connected to the capital by a sturdy bridge. It goes somewhat high up and it is quite a long walk.

There are gates on both sides and there is even a bridge at the capital that goes over the city and connects to the castle.

“Hello, Little Don. Seems like you’ve recovered.” Said one of the guards.

“Hi, Shou. Seems like you are stuck at the guard duty.” I said to the bored guard.

 

“Well my day is already better now that I’ve got to ruffle your hair.” Laughed Shou while violently ruffling my hair.

“You going to the capital? Well alright, nothing new so you can pass. Just don’t go flying again.” He said while starting to check the next person in line.

“Don’t worry. I’m starting to get the hang of controlling it.” I replied while working my way to the capitals gate.

“… Did he just say, ‘starting to get the hang of it’? It wasn’t just the wind that day?” Shou looked at his fellow guard asking for confirmation.

Suddenly both of them became quite worried about the future.

 

-

 

“Halt! State your name, affiliation and what is your business in the capital!” One of the capital guards asked in strict manner.

“Dravde, they call me the Little Don of the Slums. I’ve come to consult with doctors about medical knowledge and after that do some sightseeing.” I replied with a militaristic manner while giving a salute.

“Wait a second…" The guard checked something and wrote my information down.

"All good. You may proceed.” Said the guard while letting me pass.

“Good work, soldier! At ease!” I said with an air of authority while entering through the gate.

 

“Yes, sir!” Replied the guard reflexively and relaxed before immediately coming back to his senses.

Few other guards snickered at him as if this were nothing new.

“Don’t worry about it. Old guard captain taught that to the little rascal. It has gotten many of us.” Explained one of the guards next to him.

“Who is he?” Asked the newbie in puzzlement.

 

“He is a mysterious kid who was fished out of the sea by the slum dwellers about a bit over 5 years ago.” Answered the senior while reminiscing.

“He became famous for his attitude and appearance while doing his antics around the slums and the nearby town.”

“If he is a troublemaker, then why have nobody dealt with him yet?” Wondered the newbie.

 

“Because that little storm always brings good fortune to those who survive it.” Said the senior with a mysterious smile.

“Then, is it going to be my lucky day today?” Asked the newbie in anticipation.

“What storm did you endure just now? If you want, I’ll arrange you to be his errand boy for the next few days.” Senior said mockingly.

“No, thank you… I have a feeling that standing here will be better.” Replied the newbie with cold sweat flowing through his back.

 

-

 

Now then… I’ve actually never visited a doctor here in the capital.

I guess I should ask for directions instead of wandering around.

“Excuse me!” I called out to a colorfully dressed lady.

“My, how may I help you, cutie?” She asked with a weirdly joyous smile on her face…

“Do you know where the best doctor in the capital is? I want to ask him how human bodies work.” I innocently told her.

 

“My, my. This big sister here can teach you ALL about how our bodies work~.” She said while giving me a hug.

“Big sister you are soft and nice, but your perfume is too strong. I can’t breathe.” I said while struggling a bit.

“Oopsie. I’m sorry. You are just so lovely that I could just eat you up.” She said while looking at me weirdly.

“If you ate me, you couldn’t enjoy my fluffy hair anymore. And I heard that eating people is bad, makes you sick.” I said with all seriousness.

“Well I wonder about that…” She smiled at my answer.

 

“About the doctor?” I asked her again.

“Ah, yes. Sorry about that. You said you needed a doctor that knows the human body, yes?” She asked if she remembered correctly.

“The best.” I nodded.

“The best one for your needs would be Doctor Faust. His clinic is in between the commercial and red-light district. Just go to the end of this district and go to a building with a white board with a red plus on it.” She gave me directions while patting my head.

 

“Thank you, big sister!” I said with a smile and started walking towards the direction she pointed at.

“Fufu, you are welcome. Come play sometime.” She said again with that weird smile.

“I will, if I find you again.” I said without much thought.

For some reason I have a feeling that I shouldn’t go play with her just yet.

 

-

 

*CLING À LA DING*

A melodious bell rings when I open the door.

“Just a moment! Sit down and wait, I’ll be there shortly!” Shouted a man, probably the doctor, from the back of the clinic.

I decided to sit on the comfy looking sofa and relax.

 

After a moment of waiting a tall man, wearing a green suit with an white apron, came out whipping some red liquid off his hands.

“Oh my! What an unusual little visitor we have today! How may I, this Doctor Faust, help you?” Said the doctor with a smile… filled with red.

I stared at him for a bit…

“Is that strawberry jam on your face?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

“OH! Sorry about that. I was having a snack. Strawberry jam buns from the shopping district are a real delicacy!” He said while whipping his mouth.

“I’ll check them out later.” I nodded in understanding.

“So, how may I help you, little guy?” He repeated his question with a clean smile this time.

“I’m Dravde, but people call me Little Don around the dock town.” I introduced myself politely.

 

“I would like to learn how human body works. Could you teach me?” I gave a respectful bow that Jim taught me.

“I think you aren’t here for the birds and the bees talk?” He asked, puzzled.

Puzzled myself, I said. “Birds and the bees? No. I’m talking about humans. How body heals. What makes what work better.”

With an understanding nod the doctor finally said.

 

“Sorry, but I don’t take apprentices. Also, I’m usually quite busy to teach.”

With a bit of disappointment, I asked.

“If you don’t have time, I can study myself. Do you have any books that you could lend me to read?”

“That I can do, but you need to read them here. You can’t take them home.” Doctor went to one of the back rooms.

 

After some time, he came back with two books.

“You can start with these. When you are done, I will give you the next one. You’ll understand the rest better if you remember most of what’s written in these.”

“Ask when there is something you don’t understand. I may not have time to teach you, but I can work while explaining.”

“Thank you, Doctor Faust.” After politely thanking him, I started reading the books on the sofa.

 

With this I can finally start to figure out how to speed up my healing.

I should also try to train how to speed up only certain things and not too fast.

I don’t want to feel that kind of pain ever again. *Shudder*

 

These books will take a while…

“Doc, I’ll be right back! Gonna buy some of those strawberry buns!”

 

Hello World!

Dravde is back! Busy, busy, busy. Been quite busy.

Also I didn't really have much inspiration with the doctor scene so it took me a while. Instead I had inspirations about the start of the Grand Line and some ideas about the Paramount War. You can guess what I was snacking on while writing this.

Some people may have noticed that the cover has changed! I did it myself! With the very limited basic resources that came with the program. That should be what our MC looks when he is 15y/o. Just imagine that his hair is a bit fluffier. His hairstyle is different everyday but that should be the lenght of his hair. I tried making a hair style that fit with the description in the prologue... I failed. When I said it twists in two different direction it I want you to imagine Tatsumaki's hair (One Punch Man), but instead of the curls twisting up the hair on the right side curls pointing forward while the hair on the left side curls to point backwards.

I'm still busy and my inspirations are going everywhere else except to the next chapter. So we will see when I can post again.

Danke for you time. It's been a real pleasure. Happy snackings and readings ladies and gents!

9