Crimson forest
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was exactly 12pm, with the sun blazing the blood was almost dried up, if not for the still flowing fountain of blood coming from the severed arms. Crows and ants are spotted eating and scavenging whatever flesh there still is on the mutilated limbs.

Tom: Uhhh Gary, you’re seeing this right? Like clearly?

Gary: Unlike you Tom, I’m not blind. Let’s get O-3 on the line here.

Gary proceeds to take out his radio to contact O-3 while Tom walks towards the gross scene. 

Tom: Huh, looks like even when we’re the top living creatures on earth we still become part of nature when we end, eh? What ya think little guy? (Petting the crow*) wait, what’s this?

Gary: O-3, come in we got a slight situation at our hands here.

O-3: *ksssssk*—w—ca—hea—repea-*ssssk*

Gary: Darn it, Guess it is true about the whole forest radio-dead zone.

Tom: shit, Gary? 

Gary: What is it this time.

Tom: These limbs.. they’re from Teo, B team.

Gary: Wait, how do you know?

Tom: Guy’s a madlad, has tattoos all over his body, he loves showing them off too, see? Here’s his famous “blue carp fish” tattoo...

A beautifully tattooed sapphire blue carp fish can be seen on the arm, together with other decorative tattoos.

Gary: I think...that we should leave, immediately! Then we go and report this whole thing to the uppers.

Tom: Hold on, there’s a huge trail of blood leading into the forest. Perhaps we should, you know, follow it first?

Gary: I knew you’ll say that...*sigh*

Gary and Tom both look into the forest, with the seemingly endless abyss of shadow, it stares back.

Gary: If you insist.

Tom: Ladies first.

The soil below the trail of blood shows signs of heavy dragging, with tiny bits of flesh still mixed in the ground. The moss nearby are all stained red, with the rocks painted crimson. It’s like the whole section of forest surrounding the trail has turned into Crimson. Small animals can be seen digging up the earth to find the bits of flesh still stuck in the dirt. It’s like a buffet, if you have the appetite that is.

Gary: What the hell caused all of this mess, a bear or a tiger?

Tom: Well it’s definitely not a human. So you’re half right.

Gary: If you have clue of what this..thing is please, do tell.

Tom: Finally, a use for my biological smart brain!, ahem*, so first, look at the trail, now with this much of a track the “Thing” will definitely leave a trail like a footprint, so let’s try to find that first, Aha! Here, now here it shows that the “Thing” has... wait, what the fuck is this?

Although Tom successfully found the “tracks”, it’s nothing he’s seen before, the shape is like a human hand but with longer fingers and a strange shape, and the trail on consists of “Handprints” and not “footprints” 

Tom: This... wha—... hey maybe you’re completely wrong after all, it may be a human.

Gary: What? So are we dealing with a serial killer now? 

Tom: More reason to use guns, nice. Say, do you smell something?

Gary: *sniff* *sniff* it’s, sort of iron-ish, kinda smelly too. What is that?

Tom: I don’t know, but the trail is getting more and more fresh. Stay sharp.

The two followed the trail behind some large bushes, they used their machete to cut down the bushes in front of them, but once they’re clear of the bushes, the trail was gone, With only a large amount of reddish soil in front them.

Gary: That’s strange, where did the trail go?!

Tom: This is definitely getting more and more exiting, hehe.. 

A single drop of liquid falling down and crashing against the earth can be heard. Both Soldiers turned around to see drips of blood slowly dripping down. They both slowly raised their heads...

Tom: Yup, that’s Teo alright.

A heavily mutilated body with missing limbs is dangling from some vines, closer inspection reveals that it’s Teo. Upon sighting the duo can see that Teo’s bones, mainly his ribs, are all poking out through his chest, seemingly something pushed it out. He’s stomach was also slit opened, with the acids in it also slowly spilling out and mixing with the blood on the way down. Although both of his eyes were pulled out, probably by crows, within he’s empty eye sockets both soldiers sees Fear in the dark pockets of his eye socket. His face was also ripped off but the muscle beneath the skin is still twisted by horror. Its as if Teo’s limb was pulled out one by one while he’s still conscious. The things Teo felt was all recorded in his faceless facial expression. Horrified.

Gary: I think that’s enough investigation now, shall we leave?

Tom: Yeah, I think we should.

Gary: We need to report this immediately when we get back. Hey, let’s go already!

Tom: .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Gary: Tom?

Tom: .   .    .      .         .

Gary: TOM! we gotta move-

Tom: Stay exactly where you are. Don’t move.

Gary: ...What?

Tom: Shh, the wildlife suddenly done quiet, real quiet...

Gary: So what? Let’s move already!

Tom: ....Wildlife usually becomes really, Really quiet when something nasty is around.

Gary: Wait, Tom....what are you implying?

Tom: There’s something near us, very near us.

Gary:....what? Where?

Tom: Stay, Very, VERY, still.

The bushes surrounding Gary’s 4 to 7 o’clock appears to have movements inside it, and the movement is slowly making its way to the rear end of Gary. Tom is closely observing the movements with his finger on the trigger, it’s no ordinary creatures, a normal apex predator don’t move in such a abnormal manner, the “Thing” has arrived, and it plans to paint the forest with more crimson red.

0